View Poll Results: Where did my lost driver's license go?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was dropped on the street during Halloween

1 5.26%
  • It was left somewhere at the cell phone store

0 0%
  • It was never given back to me (or dropped) at the pharmacy

2 10.53%
  • It was still in the house somewhere, unrelated to the above

5 26.32%
  • It was in my car

9 47.37%
  • Don't know / don't care

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery of the missing dirver's license

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Mystery of the missing dirver's license

I have solved this mystery already, so you don't need to give me advice. However, I want to tell a story and I'll let you guys guess what actually happened. I have told a few of you personally, so if you already know the answer, please don't spoil it.

Yesterday I did two things which required showing my ID. The first was that I got a new iPhone. The second was that I picked up a prescription which required ID.

Coincidentally, right after I got home, I needed to get out my ID for a web form I was filling out. I brought my wallet over to the couch, and opened it. To my horror, the ID was gone!

My old ID (the same one with the same number, but expired in 2017) was still in my wallet. I actually carry that around just in case I lose my current ID, like what happened here. Anyway, the old one was there, the current one was gone.

My wallet has an ID compartment where it's hard for things to just slip out. So I was really perplexed what happened. I was fairly certain the pharmacy didn't give it back to me. Why? Because that was the very last thing I did before going home. I went to the cell phone place first, showed ID, bought it, then went to the pharmacy, and showed my ID moments before being handed the prescription. Then I walked out and went home. I stopped nowhere else along the way.

I went back to the pharmacy and they checked the camera for me. While it was semi-blurry, it seemed as if I was indeed handed back the ID, and the camera also seemed to show me putting it back in my wallet, and putting the wallet in my pocket. It did not apppear that anything fell on the ground, but again, it was a bit blurry so hard to be sure. I didn't see this footage (they couldn't show me due to "policy"), but the person telling me seemed sincere and I got the vibe that they legit felt bad for me and wanted to help.

I also went to the cell phone place, just in case. They checked the cameras also, and said that they couldn't see that well either, but again it seemed I put the ID back in my wallet, and the wallet back in my pocket.

Neither place found any ID lying around.

At first I was convinced it had to be the pharmacy where it vanished, because I did show them (successfully) an ID to get that prescription. However, then I had another thought: What if I lost the ID beforehand -- maybe at the cell store, maybe even days or weeks ago -- and the pharmacy accidentally accepted my old ID as valid, since their computer system would indeed show I have a valid license (and it's the same # as the new one)?

In fact, I remembered that on Halloween, I took just my ID to walk with Ben around the neighborhood, and I wasn't 100% sure I put it back. I checked my pants from that day (I hadn't washed them yet), but no ID. But did I lose in on the street somewhere?

I have since solved the mystery. I'll let you guess where it was.

Load Metric
    Guessing pharmacy, however it is certainly possible both places accepted your expired one yesterday and it was in your car or home all along. Unlikely you'd find it after losing it on Halloween, so that seems the least likely option.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post
    Guessing pharmacy, however it is certainly possible both places accepted your expired one yesterday and it was in your car or home all along. Unlikely you'd find it after losing it on Halloween, so that seems the least likely option.
    I do it every other day. Most likely in your wallet/car

Gold
    Load Metric
    it must've been in the house. it couldn't have been the pharmacy or the cell store if you were seen putting it back in wallet. There would be no reason for it to be in the car.

Load Metric
    Robbed by hooker while getting blown behind a dumpster outside a Jack in the Box after trading the pills you just picked up?

Sure it’s happened to someone here.

Comments

country978: hilarious

Load Metric
    Thanks Biden

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Sometimes the pharmacy will put the credit card etc in the bag with your drugs?

Why take an ID to trick or treat?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I’ll go with fell between the seats of the car

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

Yes, why didn't you just take your whole wallet? Taking a lose ID is moronic.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

I don't love taking a loose ID, and I usually don't. However, I was going to be walking up and down hills for awhile with Ben, and the wallet gets uncomfortable.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I don't love taking a loose ID, and I usually don't. However, I was going to be walking up and down hills for awhile with Ben, and the wallet gets uncomfortable.
    How big is your wallet? I imagine clipping coupons is all digital now?

Comments

shoeshine box: that was cold.

Pablo:
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    In what sequence did these events take place? You make it sound like being out on Halloween was the last in the sequence but I think you're too cautious a person to just have your id somehow fall out of your pocket. In fact, I find this to be the least likely answer. It was in the house. I'm sure of it. When are you going to tell us?

Gold
    Load Metric
    It was in the laundry basket?

Load Metric
    The surgeon is the boy's mother.

Comments

WillieMcFML: lol

BCR:

Load Metric
    Am I the only one wonder what kind of thing a dirver is and why you need a license for it??

Bronze
    Load Metric
    In cell phone - between phone and case - boom

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Robbed by hooker while getting blown behind a dumpster outside a Jack in the Box after trading the pills you just picked up?
    Sure it’s happened to someone here.

Yah, but it was an In and Out

Gold
    Load Metric
    What the hell, Druff? You never told us what happened to the id or your hvac. These threads are more fun if you don't leave us hanging.

Gold
    Load Metric
    one time i said you were a modern day Paul Harvey but he told the rest of the story.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Okay, here is the exciting conclusion.

I continued to search all over the house and car in order to see if it fell somewhere. It didn't, from what I could see. I simply couldn't find it. Then I recalled having taken out my ID on October 31 and walking with Ben with the ID itself just in my pocket. Could it really be in my pants from that day?

I rushed to grab the pants (which I hadn't washed yet), and went through the pockets, expecting to possibly solve the mystery.

Nope. Nothing. Fail.

I took some time to consider what to do. I felt it was like a needle in a haystack. Did I drop it on the ground outside on Halloween? Did the pharmacy really still have it? Did I drop it somewhere at the cell phone store? Was it somewhere in my car or home where I hadn't checked? The possibilities were endless. I was about to give up.

Then I decided to do this by process of elimination. The one big clue I had was the pharmacy. If I could establish that my old ID wouldn't have worked to have picked up that prescirption, then it would eliminated the cell phone place and Halloween as places it could have vanished, since the pharmacy came after that.

The next morning, I went BACK to the pharmacy. I explained again what was going on, and asked the manager if she could kindly do some kind of fake transaction with the old ID, to see if it would work.

She agreed, and went through the process for me to buy Sudafed. I gave her the old ID, and the system rejected it. So I had a partial answer. I could eliminate the cell phone place and Halloween! Great!

She also checked another camera angle they didn't look at the night before. It showed me getting the ID from the pharmacist, putting the ID back in my wallet, and then putting my wallet in my pocket. This still wasn't 100%, but she was fairly certain that's what happened. Again, there was no sign that anything fell on the floor.

I went home and thought about it. Clearly I had the ID at the pharmacy. It was likely I got the ID BACK from them. I put the wallet in my pocket and went straight home. So while the video wasn't clear enough to 100% conclude this, it seemed most likely it vanished at home.

But how? I put my wallet down and didn't take it out until I needed it for preparing the CLEAR App for WSOP. That was about 1-2 hours later. I had already checked everywhere near where I put the wallet down, and also checked where I was sitting when I was trying to use the Clear App, and had opened my wallet to find the ID missing. I also had already checked the area between the two, and nothing.

Then I had a thought. I was sitting on the couch when using the CLEAR App and opening my wallet. What if I flinged open my wallet too aggressively, and what if I had put the ID in too loosely when I got it back at the pharmacy? What if the ID flew out of the wallet and fell into the couch cushions, without my seeing it happen?

Seemed far fetched, but I hadn't yet checked the couch cushions, and it would only take a few seconds to do.

I pulled up the couch cushion, and sitting on the side was my ID.

So that's exactly what happened. Somehow my ID flew out of my wallet when I opened it, and fell into the couch cushion without my seeing. I was probably fucking around with the app while opening the wallet, which is why I'm guessiing I didn't see.

Crisis over.

Thread Information