Thread: This “Libtard” approves of how SCOTUS is likely to support 2nd Amendent rights in New York!

Load Metric

This “Libtard” approves of how SCOTUS is likely to support 2nd Amendent rights in New York!

Soon, many more New Yorkers are likely to have the right to carry a concealed handgun.

The Supreme Court seems poised to give Second Amendment activists a huge gift
    During arguments Wednesday, several justices sounded like they were in favor of overturning a New York law restricting who can carry concealed handguns.
    https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/re...-york-rcna4483

Why? Because research shows that violent crimes against people are lower in states with looser concealed carry laws.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    based

Comments

dwai: based

Load Metric
    Yeah specifically nyc doesn't have enough gun violence

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I actually have mixed feelings on conceal/carry.

On one hand, I don't like the feeling that any otherwise law-abiding hick might start shooting people if he's agitated enough, or wrongly believes he's in danger.

On the other hand, I do like the idea of criminals being afraid that anyone at any time might be packing. It's the same reason why 2nd amendment rights keep home invasion WAY down compared to nobody-home burglaries, and data comparing the US to other countries confirms that. People who don't own guns still benefit from the fact that criminals don't know if they have one in the house. Same concept applies to conceal/carry. Would you rather rob a convenience store in a conceal/carry state, or a non conceal/carry state? I know which one I'd choose.

In any case, I think gun rights will be protected for awhile thanks to both the SCOTUS makeup AND the 2020 riots. The old narrative of, "You don't need a gun, law enforcement will always keep things under control" can't be used anymore.

Load Metric
    Given what happened in the previous decision regarding Washington DC’s own extreme gun laws nobody should be remotely surprised by this. When criminals know law abiding citizens can’t legally arm and defend themselves
    due to idiot bleeding heart Libs who assume criminals too will give up their guns when they’re banned/outlawed they’re more likely to commit violent crimes there’s a reason nobody walks into a quik mart store in Az in the daytime to rob ot. Guaranteed at least one Person or more is carrying be it open or CCW.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I actually have mixed feelings on conceal/carry.

On one hand, I don't like the feeling that any otherwise law-abiding hick might start shooting people if he's agitated enough, or wrongly believes he's in danger.

On the other hand, I do like the idea of criminals being afraid that anyone at any time might be packing. It's the same reason why 2nd amendment rights keep home invasion WAY down compared to nobody-home burglaries, and data comparing the US to other countries confirms that. People who don't own guns still benefit from the fact that criminals don't know if they have one in the house. Same concept applies to conceal/carry. Would you rather rob a convenience store in a conceal/carry state, or a non conceal/carry state? I know which one I'd choose.

In any case, I think gun rights will be protected for awhile thanks to both the SCOTUS makeup AND the 2020 riots. The old narrative of, "You don't need a gun, law enforcement will always keep things under control" can't be used anymore.
    Druff that crack pot “hick” arguement doesn’t really fly. A huge majority of gun owners are responsible and let’s be honest if that crockpot does act out then soembody will likely capable of terminating the threat if it occurs. The public has learned defunding the police doesnt work and additionally if you expect the police to stop crime your sadly mistaken. They’re minutes away when you may have only seconds to live end of story. Police might catch the perp who murdered ya after the fact but then your still dead and they’re getting 3 meals a day and a bed to sleep in either for life or whenever they decide to execute the POS decades later if at all due to some spineless Governor who refuses to upload the laws he was sworn to do so.

Thread Information