Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Rittenhouse trial

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

Because as a matter of public policy law enforcement and local/state government want to discourage severely any use of firearms by citizens--read Massad Ayoob's writings on self-defense with firearms (In the Gravest Extreme or Deadly Force). Ayoob estimates you will spend $10,000 in legal fees for every bullet you shoot in self-defense even if you are 100% justified.
    what about the reasonable person standard? what reasonable person would say there is evidence of murder or any of the lesser charges associated with the killing after seeing the video? What other evidence should there need to be to show he acted in self defense? I'm sure there have been many instances where a person kills another person and sufficient evidence exists to prove the innocence of the person doing the killing and this leads to a dismissal of charges or no charges at all. He's not entirely innocent but charging him in the killing itself seems politically motivated in whats supposed to be a country free from such injustice.
    your objections are well founded---this should be an easy win for the defense imo...yet, local government fears loss of control so they will try this case even though they know they have poor chance of conviction; their goal is to discourage the public from using firearms by subjecting Rittenhouse to a drawn out, expensive trial; 130 years ago in the American frontier this is a matter that goes no farther than an inquest, no trial brought--it's just that social forces in the law have tilted against firearms and citizen on citizen violence.

Comments

country978:
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Gold
    Load Metric
    I think you are still severely underestimating how much politics is playing a role in this.

In Chicago a couple weeks ago there was a shootout between rival gangs with multiple fatalities and noone was even charged. They didn't even charge the shooters with illegally having firearms, despite the fact Chicago has strict gun laws; never mind the fact multiple people actually died.

If the politics are different this doesn't go to trial at all IMO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    I think you are still severely underestimating how much politics is playing a role in this.

In Chicago a couple weeks ago there was a shootout between rival gangs with multiple fatalities and noone was even charged. They didn't even charge the shooters with illegally having firearms, despite the fact Chicago has strict gun laws; never mind the fact multiple people actually died.

black privilege

Gold
    Load Metric
    Brothers I saw the videos mentioned earlier in the thread with the kid being chased and potentially having a gun pulled on him. Personally not a fan of this going to trial but I am also not a fan of showing up to a violent protest armed. Can only lead to trouble. Pipes doesn’t protest one way or the other. Not a good thing to be involved with!

Comments

country978: really well said. he was asking for trouble

Walter Sobchak: Wisdom

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Funny how the media massages what happened, nowhere does cnn mention skateboard guy trying to bash the kid in the head…also states the guy with the gun just had his hands up while holding a pistol and had no real intent to shoot the kid

Huber appeared to reach for Rittenhouse's gun with his hand while holding his skateboard in the other, the criminal complaint said. As Huber tried to grab the gun, Rittenhouse pointed it at his body and fired one round, according to the complaint. Huber was seen staggering away and then fell to the ground, the complaint said. He died from his gunshot wound.
    Huber was "completely indescribable" and stood by his beliefs and convictions, Gittings said last year.
    "He was an incredibly intelligent person, literally the smartest person I've ever met," Gittings said. "He knew exactly what was at risk for him chasing down somebody with a weapon."

He put his hands in the air and then began to move toward Rittenhouse, who then fired one shot, hitting Grosskreutz in the arm, according to the complaint. Grosskreutz was holding a handgun but had his hands up, the complaint says.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Funny how the media massages what happened, nowhere does cnn mention skateboard guy trying to bash the kid in the head…also states the guy with the gun just had his hands up while holding a pistol and had no real intent to shoot the kid

Huber appeared to reach for Rittenhouse's gun with his hand while holding his skateboard in the other, the criminal complaint said. As Huber tried to grab the gun, Rittenhouse pointed it at his body and fired one round, according to the complaint. Huber was seen staggering away and then fell to the ground, the complaint said. He died from his gunshot wound.
    Huber was "completely indescribable" and stood by his beliefs and convictions, Gittings said last year.
    "He was an incredibly intelligent person, literally the smartest person I've ever met," Gittings said. "He knew exactly what was at risk for him chasing down somebody with a weapon."

He put his hands in the air and then began to move toward Rittenhouse, who then fired one shot, hitting Grosskreutz in the arm, according to the complaint. Grosskreutz was holding a handgun but had his hands up, the complaint says.
    Brother the news is fake

Load Metric

Comments

DJ_Chaps: …

1marley1: Chaps is dum
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Can you link to this Chicago case? A quick, cursory Google using your descriptives comes up blank for me.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post

Can you link to this Chicago case? A quick, cursory Google using your descriptives comes up blank for me.
    I believe that brother Kalam is referring to this story. Note: it really is disgusting and a tragedy what is going on in Chicago.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-m...s-war-of-words

Comments

gimmick: sounds like self defense

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post

I believe that brother Kalam is referring to this story. Note: it really is disgusting and a tragedy what is going on in Chicago.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-m...s-war-of-words
    what a horrible story! I've never been to Chicago and I'm pretty sure I never will. There is one mitigating factor; the person killed was firing into a house. He was killed when those inside the house fired back. He got what he deserved and the DA pretty much chalked it up to street justice. I'd just as soon go to Bridgeport.

Gold
    Load Metric

There is your problem. The google algorithm is increasingly becoming woke and it is becoming harder and harder to search for any news story that doesn't fit the preferred narrative. I would suggest using duck duck go.

Comments

Sanlmar: If we learn anything in this thread it is this

Bronze
    Load Metric

There is your problem. The google algorithm is increasingly becoming woke and it is becoming harder and harder to search for any news story that doesn't fit the preferred narrative. I would suggest using duck duck go.
    I found it immediately by googling "Chicago gang shootout" You must be doing something wrong

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbodoggins View Post

I found it immediately by googling "Chicago gang shootout" You must be doing something wrong
    What he was doing wrong was not linking to what he was posting about. It's simple forum etiquette that I was trying to remedy. JoeD already took care of it.

Load Metric

There is your problem. The google algorithm is increasingly becoming woke and it is becoming harder and harder to search for any news story that doesn't fit the preferred narrative. I would suggest using duck duck goo.
    I would think only the old timers like Druff still used Google with their Facebook.

Tighten up your game Kunt

Fuck Google.

Silver
    Load Metric
    New footage / angle of the shooting of Joseph Rosenbaum, where he chases Kyle across the lot, throws the bag, and corners him between a few burned out cars, only to get blasted from about a foot away.

Kyle retreated until he couldn't retreat anymore.

Shit should be a wrap, this is an injustice.

The Kenosha Kid shouldn't have been out there, but he was, and has a right to defend himself. Had an angel watching over him that night.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    New footage / angle of the shooting of Joseph Rosenbaum, where he chases Kyle across the lot, throws the bag, and corners him between a few burned out cars, only to get blasted from about a foot away.

Kyle retreated until he couldn't retreat anymore.

Shit should be a wrap, this is an injustice.

The Kenosha Kid shouldn't have been out there, but he was, and has a right to defend himself. Had an angel watching over him that night.
    Name:  Screenshot_20211108-052057_Reddit.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  303.8 KB

this guy should worry about his relatives that didn't OD on fentanyl and stop tampering with a jury.

imagine this idiot thinking anyone gives a fuck what he has to say.

KYLE RITTENHOUSE IS GOD

Comments

v12cl: God mode

splitthis: Surprise surprise

Gold
    Load Metric
    When do they expect this trial to be over? Wrap it up is he guilty or not?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    I think the prosecution is still going. I dont think the defense has even started yet.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    I think the prosecution is still going. I dont think the defense has even started yet.
    Prosecution wrapped today. Probably best for them, the more evidence and witnesses testimony they have presented, the more clear it has become self defense.

30 rounds in the mag, and he only spent 8 with amazing efficiency, on targets who were directly attacking him.

Violent people came to Kenosha for a spectacle and got what they wanted. After watching all the rioting and leftist violence for 6 months, I'm glad someone finally had the balls to play the "best defense is a good offense" game.

Zero apologies to the dead bipolar pedo wigger, the woman beating skater bro, and the revolutionary partially armed paramedic.

Good guys get a W, here.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This has been one of the biggest prosecution self-owns in high-profile case history.

What we learned this week is that violent Antifa is violent, and most of these people have skeletons in their closets and fucked up histories. Normal people don't show up at night to riot.

Shocking, I know.

Comments

splitthis: Yep

Thread Information