Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Understanding Anti-Intellectualism in the U.S.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Oh, never considered that. We" are simply too sensitive. Back to your grade ten home schooling from someone you call mom
    sometimes. i mean so what he calls people names and doesnt want to take the vaccine? He's entertaining. What he said to khalwat I would never in my life say to anyone but it was funny and made me laugh.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

sometimes. i mean so what he calls people names and doesnt want to take the vaccine? He's entertaining. What he said to khalwat I would never in my life say to anyone but it was funny and made me laugh.

kinda like you but don't trust any newbie
    The Elaine clip was a shot at you
    and I hate the Cure like any band you could name

Gold
    Load Metric

kinda like you but don't trust any newbie
    The Elaine clip was a shot at you
    and I hate the Cure like any band you could name
    thanks for saying that. I can relate to that scene and thought it was funny. I'm like that on purpose. I want to make it through my day with as much happiness and as little stress as possible every day. I dont always succeed but I do try.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Another problem with running for office is how everything you ever wrote on the internet comes back to bite you. If you're going to be a politician, you need to just stay off social media or be very careful with every tweet, starting from a young age. This will only get worse over time.

I cringe whenever anyone is raked over the coals for tweeting the word "faggot" or "retard" back when they were 17.

There is indeed a problem right now with having to pacify the loud, extreme voices on both sides, or otherwise you often won't make it past the primary. On the right, you can't say that the 2020 election was legit, nor can you say that the anti-COVID-vax movement is dumb, without seriously hurting your political chances. On the left, you can't challenge any wacky stuff from the progressive left (such as the belief that parents should let 3-year-olds choose their gender and start transitioning), without also hurting your political chances and losing the primary.

All politicians today have to either repeat the crazy or stay out of its way, and that's sad.

Youngkin chose the "stay out of the way" strategy, and it worked for him. But it would really be nice if the nutjobs on both sides were pushed into the background again.
    When there is almost no requirements to run for office, including educational achievement, your gonna get some scum like Trump who see an opportunity to further their personal gain or agenda.

That's why the quality of candidates is so weak. It has to be the most boring job in the world unless you like to see your name in the paper or have the code to the big button.

The attacks from the opposition makes the job a 3 out of ten
    One sentence he bemoans the lack of educational requirements. The next he can’t even use your/you’re correctly.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

When there is almost no requirements to run for office, including educational achievement, your gonna get some scum like Trump who see an opportunity to further their personal gain or agenda.

That's why the quality of candidates is so weak. It has to be the most boring job in the world unless you like to see your name in the paper or have the code to the big button.

The attacks from the opposition makes the job a 3 out of ten
    One sentence he bemoans the lack of educational requirements. The next he can’t even use your/you’re correctly.
    What about then/than?

I heard some users here have a problem with that one, as well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

What about then/than?

I heard some users here have a problem with that one, as well.
    Also directly after bemoaning lack of educational requirements? If so, than I digress.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    As PFA's biggest intellectual, it's only fair for me to chime in that intellectuals enjoy an extreme genetic and economic privilege and I expect non intellectuals to find them insufferable and gay regardless of political ideology. I know I've said some shit on here, but I also think like even having a political ideology is gay as hell and the kind of people that are really preoccupied with politics, hot debates are basically prisoners of their own misused brains and I'm not saying that's bad, but I don't necessarily respect a dude because he can spew about religion, science, led zeppelin
    I have definitely been trying to figure out who amongst us is the biggest intellectual so thank you for clearing that up. I have so many questions.
    Book smart-wise? I’d vote for TheShrink.
    Mixing Street smarts and book smarts? Gotta be sanlmar.

Comments

country978: ok but zap can keep biggest intelectual title. i know already sanlmar is a legend

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: MAGA
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Mumbles I tease a lot but he's smart and i respect his intellect

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    As PFA's biggest intellectual, it's only fair for me to chime in that intellectuals enjoy an extreme genetic and economic privilege and I expect non intellectuals to find them insufferable and gay regardless of political ideology. I know I've said some shit on here, but I also think like even having a political ideology is gay as hell and the kind of people that are really preoccupied with politics, hot debates are basically prisoners of their own misused brains and I'm not saying that's bad, but I don't necessarily respect a dude because he can spew about religion, science, led zeppelin
    I have definitely been trying to figure out who amongst us is the biggest intellectual so thank you for clearing that up. I have so many questions.
    It’s Druff of course, just ask him. If you disagree he’ll set you straight with a three page diatribe.

Thread Information