Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Henry Ruggs hires Chesnoff and Schonfeld

Bronze
    Load Metric

Henry Ruggs hires Chesnoff and Schonfeld

"The player's lawyers, David Z. Chesnoff and Richard Schonfeld, asked the public to withhold judgment."

"I can't fold, I have top top" Jamie Gold.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...?ocid=msedgntp

Load Metric
    Micon collects a referral bonus.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Chesnoff and Schonfeld are miracle workers.

Do they have some kind of extra "influence" which might help clients? Possible. It's Las Vegas, after all, and we know the history of that town.

Micon made the right hire. If I got into trouble in Las Vegas, that's who I'd be hiring, as well.

Comments

jsearles22: But you’re a square

garrett: =).. I was told 2 very important things in life you will need a great accountant, and lawyer

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Chesnoff and Schonfeld are miracle workers.

Do they have some kind of extra "influence" which might help clients? Possible. It's Las Vegas, after all, and we know the history of that town.

Micon made the right hire. If I got into trouble in Las Vegas, that's who I'd be hiring, as well.
    Problem is for this guy.. No probation is possible in DUI resulting in death its a minimum 2 to as much as 20yrs in Prison.. I doubt theyre gonna be able to plead him down as much as a miracle worker as they are.. This wasnt a traffic stop he smashed into another vehicle fucking shitfaced no excuses no mitigating circumstances.. Theyre only hope is to keep him on the low side of the sentencing range with a plea deal.. Also I hope hes got his money tied safely the Raiders now have perfect rights to void his contract and not pay him another dime especially if Goodell Commissioner Exempt lists him which I think is a lock.. Reality is hes screwed and now anything in his bank not tied up in a trust of some sort is going to the victims family because thats a lock for multimillion dollar civil suit..

Load Metric
    156MPH before crash and .161 BAC.

Like most of the sentiment on here, he's toast. I was originally thinking if he was in the 0.11 range they could maybe plead it, but with speed and double the limit he is completely done.

My guess is he will get somewhere around 8-12 yrs.

Load Metric
    It is a shame there is no excuse for him for this so rich and young. Could hire a driver, uber/lyft its a shame but I dont think is gone to end well for him, and being only 22 so rich, and now publicly, he may have to pay the big price here, and the Topside of that 20 years, it was clearly reckless and even worse, his backstory about his freind dying this way too and who he memorialized. Its just a bad story and i just in no way, see this ending with the lowside of the possible 2-20+ honestly, hes done for sure, shame but its his own fault. Reckless, and he has all the money in the world to hire a driver, uber lyft anything, just reckless just a shame.

Load Metric
    He still will be catching balls in prison.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Zing

Load Metric
    Assuming he was at the bar say 3 hours. He likely pounded down 4 doubles which is 8 shots. Given his weight, he was probably hammered when he left, and this is assuming he was sober when he walked into the bar, unlikely. He is in a world of hurt, since the Raiders have a drive service for their players and he did not use it. I see a 3 or 4 year prison term.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: pretty much

Diamond
    Load Metric
    sad. probably doesn't happen to him if he doesn't get drafted to vegas. i mean good grief suddenly he was 21 & had millions in vegas, who has that worked out for

Comments

country978: yes

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    sad. probably doesn't happen to him if he doesn't get drafted to vegas. i mean good grief suddenly he was 21 & had millions in vegas, who has that worked out for
    Alex Leatherwood
    Clelin Ferrell

I could go on. Point is it’s a retarded excuse. These guys have so much support. So many people telling them what not to do. Plenty of temptations. Driving 150+ hammered drunk at 4am has nothing to do with being young rich in Vegas. We have another thread for this type of behavior.

Comments

Tellafriend: bringing the hard truth
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Alex Leatherwood
    Clelin Ferrell

I could go on. Point is it’s a retarded excuse. These guys have so much support. So many people telling them what not to do. Plenty of temptations. Driving 150+ hammered drunk at 4am has nothing to do with being young rich in Vegas. We have another thread for this type of behavior.

FACT: henry ruggs is the first professional athlete to be given millions at 21 and "forced" to live in vegas. if im his lawyer i can get him out in 2 years

Diamond
    Load Metric
    fagsearles arent u a chiefs fan? no opinions from haters plz

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I'm growing more and more skeptical of Chesnoff and Schonfeld's status as "miracle workers" especially in cases like fatal DUIs where the law precludes probation. For cases like Micon's, where there is a lot more wiggle room to reduce charges and offer deals and such, I can see them adding significant value. But here?

I mean, do you really think Scott Gragson would've gotten much worse than 8-20 years had he retained someone other than C & S?

Also, if this somehow does not result in a guilty plea, how do you think jurors will feel about him paying six-fig retainers to C & S instead of just taking a $40 uber?

Load Metric
    Can someone explain the Gragson case? How does he get 8-20 yrs?

What determines 8 versus 20?

Load Metric
    He’s probably fucked.

I had occasion earlier this year to drive a friend to a victims advocate office in a courthouse. She wasn’t the victim or perpetrator. It was a weird case where she was just a coworker giving a statement. The case was about a mentally handicapped kid who a special ed aide got too rough with while restraining him.

She went in to talk to the prosecutor and I was just sitting in the office. The office was basically where a rape victim would go or any case where you need a victims advocate.

So as I’m sitting there, a couple walks in, late fifties I’d guess. Another prosecutor walked in, and said I’d need to step out. I apologized for even being there and went to the hall. There was one chair and I sat down.

Those old courthouses with all the marble, I’m sitting there, but it’s like I’m sitting next to them as the sound travels. As they start to talk I could hear the conversation and it’s all about their son who got killed with his buddy drunk.

Friend was super drunk like this, early 20s, had a few previous DUIs.

Family still in tremendous pain about it a year later or whatever it had been.

I instantly feel like I’m invading their privacy even though I’m in the hallway outside the office, so I get up and walk down to the end of the hallway. This victims office is in the basement though and kind of hidden away for obvious reasons, so even standing at the end of the hall it’s like I’m sitting with them. Poor design for such private conversations.

He was giving them a lot of input into whether 4 years was acceptable to them. This was different as these two dudes were best friends together partying, rather than some stranger they rear-ended. The prosecutor was basically asking them if they were ok with the 4, and they were just so tore up that dad really wasn’t, but would accept it so his wife could try to get past it.

She’s sitting there sobbing. Just brutal.

The kid on trial was upstairs in a courtroom waiting to be sentenced. This was like a last talk. The prosecutor is asking if they want to say anything? They declined. He’s telling them obviously your son and the defendant were best friends, so there will be other young people in the gallery who you also know here showing support for the defendant. Awkward and painful all at once for these parents to go up and stir it all up and see a bunch of kids who were friends with both their son and defendant.

This kid had a few previous DUIs which matters, and was driving reckless as fuck, but not anywhere 150+. They also were friends and partying together. Tbh, given that, I was a little surprised he was getting 4 years. I mean the kid knew and got in the car with him.

This is much worse. This guy has $ and great lawyers, but I have to think he’s in deep trouble as I’ve already saw the victims family gathered and didn’t look forgiving, so I don’t think they’ll be happy with some slap on the wrist.

Girl was 23 and didn’t jump into the car with him. This type of case is political and local judges are voted on. Great lawyers work best when they can maneuver on lower profile cases behind the scenes or have a jury to make a case to.

This strikes me as hard to defend.

That said, this has happened to other players who got off light in the past. Donate Stallworth signed a big contract with the Browns, and then this happened down in Florida. He came to financial arrangement with the family and did like 30 days iirc.

How much the family pushes the matter is big on these cases. He’s not that rich yet also. Stallworth had millions already. This dude being second year and just hiring high $ attorneys, he might not even have the resources to make some offer they’ll accept if they’re not a strapped family. Iirc, Stallworth’s victim was an immigrant or construction worker or something where they probably needed the $.

The Raiders, as promising as he is, probably will cut him. The Browns did immediately after a year suspension from league. He was a big free agent signing and it didn’t even happen in Cleveland, but he was still gone.

So fucking dumb with the team driver and ride share resources in Las Vegas. Dude wasn’t in Topeka.

I remember listening to that family and thinking it could have been me a hundred times. Taxis only downtown and no ride share back when I was out drunk every night with buddies. We drove. I was the opposite though from the reckless drunk driver. I was always move to right lane and more likely to get pulled for going too slow. Got into a car with a few though.

Comments

country978:
    Last edited by BCR; 11-03-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    He should be locked up for at least 10 years imo. If he can plea down to 2 years somehow and try to work to rehab his image maybe he could play in the NFL again. Vick was able to. But honestly, if you are both that privileged and do something so dumb that kills another person, which is completely avoidable, you should go to prison for a decent stint. And being punished by having your prime years taken from you is pretty light, considering that someone else is dead.

Load Metric
    Zero patience or empathy for drunk drivers. He should go away for life.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The 156 MPH thing is the (literal) killer here.

If he were just very drunk and drove erratically, resulting in a fatal accident, he could argue that he simply didn't realize how drunk he was, and thought he was driving normally. That's not going to get him out of criminal liability, but it can be used as a basis to bring the sentence down.

The 156 MPH part is impossible to explain other than complete recknlessness and disregard for human life. Nobody can be driving 156 and say, "I didn't know I was drunk, I thought everything was fine, sorry!"

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The 156 MPH thing is the (literal) killer here.

If he were just very drunk and drove erratically, resulting in a fatal accident, he could argue that he simply didn't realize how drunk he was, and thought he was driving normally. That's not going to get him out of criminal liability, but it can be used as a basis to bring the sentence down.

The 156 MPH part is impossible to explain other than complete recknlessness and disregard for human life. Nobody can be driving 156 and say, "I didn't know I was drunk, I thought everything was fine, sorry!"
    gross negligence. I'm always amazed when someone who seemingly has it all going on in life throws it all away in an instant. Reminds me of Aaron Hernandez.

Load Metric
    How does car insurance vs personal liability work in these cases? Will insurance cover at all? Can they get off the hook for gross negligence? I assume he had full coverage top of the line insurance.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information