Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Youngkin / McAuliffe rail thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well I was able to bail out of my 1-2% NO on Predictit, but it wouldn't let me buy any YES. But that might break me even if it falls 1-2%.

Right now Youngkin has been called the winner, and is up 2.5 with about 4% left to count.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Youngkin distanced himself as much as possible from the Orange retard and won. This is the path forward that the sane people were hoping for.

Godspeed brother Youngkin, Godspeed.
    Last edited by nightmarefish; 11-02-2021 at 10:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Youngkin distranced himself as much as possible from the Orange retard and won. This is the path forward that the sane people were hoping for.

He didn't distance himself, he just KEPT his distance. Big difference. He made sure to come off neither as a Trump lackey nor a never-Trumper. It worked, as neither camp was offended, and both voted for him.

However, in addition to that, he stumbled upon a huge vulnerability in 2020s Democrats, and I expect the GOP to seize upon this going forward.

Dems are basically owned by the teachers union, and at the same time, they are under pressure by progressives to include some sort of systemic racism message in school curriculums. There's also a lot of pressure from progressives to include all the extreme trans stuff into curriculums, basically teaching kids that little boys can be little girls (and can use each other's bathrooms!)

This shit doesn't go over well with most parents, including centrist/independent voting ones, and also including normally-Dem-voting minorities.

Youngkin kept challenging McAuliffe to explain why parents can't have a say in this stuff. This put McAuliffe in a horrible position -- either angering both teachers unions and progressives by saying that parents should be able to object to shit like this and get it removed/prevented -- or backing this stuff and pushing independents/centrists to the right.

He chose the latter, and you see what happened. But it would have been hard to do the former without creating a huge stink within the party (and the teachers union), so he was kinda stuck. It was beautiful.

This is exactly what the GOP needs to do going forward. There's an incorrect perception that most Democrats are for CRT and the extreme trans stuff. But many aren't. White, centrist (and moderately liberal) parents hate the CRT type stuff, while the extreme trans stuff is hated by both minorities and the white working class.

If you attack this stuff head first and force Dem candidates to answer to these things, with tough questions such as, "Should parents have a say in their kids' education?", you score huge.

I've mentioned 1994 a lot lately. I saw something similar back then, except with different issues. In the early '90s, the big concerns were high crime (much worse than today) and high taxes. Newt Gingrich correctly saw that the centrists and moderate liberals were getting frustrated in these areas, and he got the feuding GOP to coalesce into one unified message, which challenged Democrats on these issues. Republicans had a clear plan, Democrats were trying to avoid talking about it, because they didn't want to lower taxes, and didn't want to hit violent criminals with tougher sentences. Huge landslide for the GOP, and Bill Clinton moved from left-center to center for the next two years, fearing a beatdown.

The GOP has found their issues which can win (and win back) new voters. They need to keep utilizing this weapon for as long as the Dems keep aligning themselves with the progressive nutjobs.

November 2022 is a year away, but I have a good feeling about this. Biden isn't getting any sharper, and the progressives aren't getting any quieter.

Comments

nightmarefish:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Youngkin distranced himself as much as possible from the Orange retard and won. This is the path forward that the sane people were hoping for.

He didn't distance himself, he just KEPT his distance. Big difference. He made sure to come off neither as a Trump lackey nor a never-Trumper. It worked, as neither camp was offended, and both voted for him.

However, in addition to that, he stumbled upon a huge vulnerability in 2020s Democrats, and I expect the GOP to seize upon this going forward.

Dems are basically owned by the teachers union, and at the same time, they are under pressure by progressives to include some sort of systemic racism message in school curriculums. There's also a lot of pressure from progressives to include all the extreme trans stuff into curriculums, basically teaching kids that little boys can be little girls (and can use each other's bathrooms!)

This shit doesn't go over well with most parents, including centrist/independent voting ones, and also including normally-Dem-voting minorities.

Youngkin kept challenging McAuliffe to explain why parents can't have a say in this stuff. This put McAuliffe in a horrible position -- either angering both teachers unions and progressives by saying that parents should be able to object to shit like this and get it removed/prevented -- or backing this stuff and pushing independents/centrists to the right.

He chose the latter, and you see what happened. But it would have been hard to do the former without creating a huge stink within the party (and the teachers union), so he was kinda stuck. It was beautiful.

This is exactly what the GOP needs to do going forward. There's an incorrect perception that most Democrats are for CRT and the extreme trans stuff. But many aren't. White, centrist (and moderately liberal) parents hate the CRT type stuff, while the extreme trans stuff is hated by both minorities and the white working class.

If you attack this stuff head first and force Dem candidates to answer to these things, with tough questions such as, "Should parents have a say in their kids' education?", you score huge.

I've mentioned 1994 a lot lately. I saw something similar back then, except with different issues. In the early '90s, the big concerns were high crime (much worse than today) and high taxes. Newt Gingrich correctly saw that the centrists and moderate liberals were getting frustrated in these areas, and he got the feuding GOP to coalesce into one unified message, which challenged Democrats on these issues. Republicans had a clear plan, Democrats were trying to avoid talking about it, because they didn't want to lower taxes, and didn't want to hit violent criminals with tougher sentences. Huge landslide for the GOP, and Bill Clinton moved from left-center to center for the next two years, fearing a beatdown.

The GOP has found their issues which can win (and win back) new voters. They need to keep utilizing this weapon for as long as the Dems keep aligning themselves with the progressive nutjobs.

November 2022 is a year away, but I have a good feeling about this. Biden isn't getting any sharper, and the progressives aren't getting any quieter.
    History always has been the last several decades the party in the WH loses seats in Congress with very little margin for error the Dems are a lock to lose Congress both sides in 2022.. The question will be how badly.. Some and I agree that unless something changes the Dems will get boatraced (were talking potentially 40-50 seat pickup) in the House and could lose more then 2-3 seats in the Senate easily (Kelly here in AZ and Warnock in GA likely gone I think the Dem Senator in CO could be vulnerable and depending if the GOP can find a middle of the road candidate Van Hollen in MD also could be in trouble and Maggie Hassan in NH won by 0.1% last election).. (Mark Kelly is DOA in AZ already pretty much given his refusal to even play nice with his fellow Democrat Sinema and barely playing lip service to giving a shit about Arizona when he should be calling out Bidens actions on the border especially.. That alone is gonna kill his re-election here in 2022).

Load Metric
    Decency and common sense prevails.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Tomatoooooooo

dwai: offset
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Kudos to the GOP strategists who making the teaching of CRT (and related racist notions) in K-12 public schools relevant for moderate voters! Civil rights leaders of the 1960s, like MLK, Jr., would be proud! Onward with one’s character, not the color of their skin, to define someone’s worthiness! Now if only the GOP would a actually embrace that notion when it comes to voting rights.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    This is a good loss for dems. They needed a wake up call. I can’t imagine Biden or Harris running in 2024 so they better start prepping candidates.

Republicans also need to wake up though and realize that running a candidate that can’t win the popular vote is a horrible strategy. The only way they possibly lose 2024 is by trump.

Keep in mind that as terrible as Biden is, his relatively low approval ratings are equal to trumps highest….

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    This is a good loss for dems. They needed a wake up call. I can’t imagine Biden or Harris running in 2024 so they better start prepping candidates.

Republicans also need to wake up though and realize that running a candidate that can’t win the popular vote is a horrible strategy. The only way they possibly lose 2024 is by trump.

Keep in mind that as terrible as Biden is, his relatively low approval ratings are equal to trumps highest….
    Wrong again. You usually are. Trump was hovering around 47% and cruising to re-election before the virus hit. Biden is at 43% and going lower.

This is without a doubt the most left leaning poll on the planet from yesterday:

President Biden Job Approval Harvard-Harris Approve 43, Disapprove 51 Disapprove +8

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Wrong again. You usually are. Trump was hovering around 47% and cruising to re-election before the virus hit. Biden is at 43% and going lower.

This is without a doubt the most left leaning poll on the planet from yesterday:

President Biden Job Approval Harvard-Harris Approve 43, Disapprove 51 Disapprove +8
    There ya go 47 percent is around his highest. Pretty much worst rating for president. Every other president has broken 50 percent during their 4 years but him. 47 percent is not cruising to re-election. The guy was always disapproved of by majority of America. Even with electoral college he barely got in against Hillary and lost popular vote.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

There ya go 47 percent is around his highest. Pretty much worst rating for president. Every other president has broken 50 percent during their 4 years but him. 47 percent is not cruising to re-election. The guy was always disapproved of by majority of America. Even with electoral college he barely got in against Hillary and lost popular vote.
    Not going to debate you on your points other than the fact your post was about approval ratings, which you were clearly wrong on with Biden/Trump. If you want to have the 100th discussion on the Electoral College and the merits of if, start another thread.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Damnit. I went to sleep believing I'd slightly win my bet overall, as Youngkin was just a hair over 2%, with a little left to count which favored McAuliffe.

I woke up to see that an error was found in the reporting in Fairfax (lol), which heavily leans D, and Youngkin got more of a lead BACK. So now it's probably toast.

I probably would've just bailed out with a small profit, but Predictit is idiotic and I can't see how to bail out of a contract with all NO without having to load more money on there. Whole site is so user-unfriendly.

Oh well.

Load Metric
    Damnit. I went to sleep believing I'd slightly win my bet overall, as Youngkin was just a hair over 2%, with a little left to count which favored McAuliffe.

I woke up to see that an error was found in the reporting in Fairfax (lol), which heavily leans D, and Youngkin got more of a lead BACK. So now it's probably toast.

I probably would've just bailed out with a small profit, but Predictit is faggot and I can't see how to bail out of a contract with all NO without having to load more money on there. Whole site is so user-unfriendly.

Oh well.
    Go figure count issues in a blue county in VA and one in NJ both favoring the Dem Gov candidates.. (I didnt hear if it was double counting in Fairfax but it was indeed that in NJ).

Gold
    Load Metric

Name:  JINPING.gif
Views: 192
Size:  2.35 MB
    You're a bit out of touch and it's a good thing, it means you're doing quite well. I'm pretty sure voters will run with horror once the GOP makes policy, just as they're running from the Dems now. The challenge for voters will be to get money out of politics, it's not looking good.

Load Metric
    The blame game is in full swing among the Dems over why McAuliffe lost to Youngkin.

A corporatist’s angle:
    Democrat strategist James Carville: What went wrong in Virginia election was 'stupid wokeness'
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/james-...tupid-wokeness

A progressive’s perspective: (McAuliffe was McAwful)

Gotta say I believe that it’s probably a bit of both.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It actually was both in Virginia.

McAuliffe ran a terrible campaign. He kept owning himself repeatedly. It wasn't just that one comment he made during the debate about the parents. When confronted about it, he just kept affirming it, and would never fully walk it back. Career politician was married to the teachers union narrative, and didn't realize how badly it was fucking him in the election, especially when coupled with the bathroom rape which just amplified the entire school issue.

I think he was largely in denial for awhile that he could lose, and once he took the possibility seriously, he decided that just calling Youngkin a Trump proxy was going to get him out of it. Total fail.

At the same time, New Jersey was indicative that this wasn't just limited to Virgina-related issues. There was definitely a rejection of woke politics. I think the left underrates how much this stuff turns most people off, because everyone's been trained to keep quiet about it publicly.

Well, we will see how much Democrats adjust, or if they beat themselves again in 2022.

Load Metric
    Hey, where are all the allegations of stolen elections, voter fraud, rigged voting machines? Where are all the conspiracy theories? Where are all the complaints about early voting (broke all records in VA for early voting) and mail-in voting? Where are the riots, the plot to storm the statehouse and overthrow the government?

Oh, the losing candidate accepted it, as it should be in a civilized democratic society?

Huh.

Good thing they un-rigged all those voting machines so quickly.

Amazing how the Republicans don’t have a problem with the system when they win and they think it’s rigged when they lose. Convenient excuse for gerrymandering and voter suppression.

Comments

country978: a sore loser on either side is unseemly

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Hey, where are all the allegations of stolen elections, voter fraud, rigged voting machines? Where are all the conspiracy theories? Where are all the complaints about early voting (broke all records in VA for early voting) and mail-in voting? Where are the riots, the plot to storm the statehouse and overthrow the government?

Oh, the losing candidate accepted it, as it should be in a civilized democratic society?

Huh.

Amazing how the Republicans don’t have a problem with the system when they win and they think it’s rigged when they lose. Convenient excuse for gerrymandering and voter suppression.
    shut up dweeb you bitched about Russia for 5 years

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

Huh.

Because a crime was committed.

I never said Trump stole the election, I never said the government should be overthrown and I didn’t advocate violence to install the candidate I wish had won as a dictator.

Nice false equivalence though.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Because a crime was committed.

I never said Trump stole the election, I never said the government should be overthrown and I didn’t advocate violence to install the candidate I wish had won as a dictator.

Nice false equivalence though.
    you said Trump and Russia stole the election, and btw it was all made up by Clinton, nice fake news guy

Comments

Cerveza Fria: True, but you gotta admit the Golden Showers bit was funny

Gold
    Load Metric

Huh.

Brothers I noticed this guy is always crying

Comments

splitthis: He is a brain dead drone

Thread Information