Thread: Time for MLB to become more cow friendly.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Time for MLB to become more cow friendly.

When the crazy people go unchecked they just get crazier. Who could have seen this coming?

https://www.newsweek.com/peta-calls-...m-barn-1643596

"Words matter, and baseball 'bullpens' devalue talented players and mock the misery of sensitive animals," PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman said in the statement. "PETA encourages Major League Baseball coaches, announcers, players, and fans to change up their language and embrace the 'arm barn' instead."

PETA wrote in its statement that the term "bullpen" is used in the meat industry, and it's an area where "cows are hung upside down and their throats are slit" before they are processed into food products.

The organization also noted the term is used in rodeos. PETA said, "gentle bulls are tormented into kicking and bucking by being electro-shocked or prodded—all are typically held in a 'bullpen' while they await their cruel fate."

The group also changed its display name on Twitter to "Arm Barn" on Thursday to promote its latest effort.

A tweet announcing the call for a name change said "bullpen" is "a word with speciesist roots & we can do better than that." PETA added that using "arm barn" would be "a home run for baseball fans, players and animals."

Elsewhere on Twitter, reaction ranged from people saying minor league pay and instant replays should be of bigger concern to MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred, while others seemed amused by "arm barn" as a suggestion.

One user compared "arm barn" to Facebook's reported name change.

While many social media users mocked the suggested name, "arm barn" had its fair share of fans. Some people even said that while they don't support the rationale for PETA's initiative, they prefer the proposed term over "bullpen."

Thursday's statement isn't the first time this year that PETA has offered a suggestion to MLB. In August, the PETA requested that Cleveland Indians GM Mike Chernoff add a vegan hot dog to the team's between-innings hot dog race.

Noting that the team would be changing its name to the Cleveland Guardians at the start of the 2022 season, PETA said it would also be a good occasion to introduce a non-meat entrant into the between-innings mascot race.

"Will you please add a vegan hot dog mascot to your Hot Dog Derby?" PETA President Ingrid Newkirk wrote in an open letter to Chernoff. "If you agree, we'll gladly buy the Veggie Dog's costume and veggie dogs (sold in your stadium) for all the players."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    When the crazy people go unchecked they just get crazier. Who could have seen this coming?

"Words matter, and baseball 'bullpens' devalue talented players and mock the misery of sensitive animals," PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman said in the statement. "PETA encourages Major League Baseball coaches, announcers, players, and fans to change up their language and embrace the 'arm barn' instead."

PETA wrote in its statement that the term "bullpen" is used in the meat industry, and it's an area where "cows are hung upside down and their throats are slit" before they are processed into food products.

The organization also noted the term is used in rodeos. PETA said, "gentle bulls are tormented into kicking and bucking by being electro-shocked or prodded—all are typically held in a 'bullpen' while they await their cruel fate."

The group also changed its display name on Twitter to "Arm Barn" on Thursday to promote its latest effort.

A tweet announcing the call for a name change said "bullpen" is "a word with speciesist roots & we can do better than that." PETA added that using "arm barn" would be "a home run for baseball fans, players and animals."

Elsewhere on Twitter, reaction ranged from people saying minor league pay and instant replays should be of bigger concern to MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred, while others seemed amused by "arm barn" as a suggestion.

While many social media users mocked the suggested name, "arm barn" had its fair share of fans. Some people even said that while they don't support the rationale for PETA's initiative, they prefer the proposed term over "bullpen."

Thursday's statement isn't the first time this year that PETA has offered a suggestion to MLB. In August, the PETA requested that Cleveland Indians GM Mike Chernoff add a vegan hot dog to the team's between-innings hot dog race.

Noting that the team would be changing its name to the Cleveland Guardians at the start of the 2022 season, PETA said it would also be a good occasion to introduce a non-meat entrant into the between-innings mascot race.

"Will you please add a vegan hot dog mascot to your Hot Dog Derby?" PETA President Ingrid Newkirk wrote in an open letter to Chernoff. "If you agree, we'll gladly buy the Veggie Dog's costume and veggie dogs (sold in your stadium) for all the players."

For the record, I'm a proud member of PETA....People Eating Tasty Animals.

Load Metric
    Someone once told me she was a vegetarian and I said I’m a second degree vegetarian. She asked what’s that mean I said the animal eats the vegetable and I eat the animal.

Once a colleague suggested I order a meat substitute, I said I use a meat substitute substitute, it’s called meat.

I am a vagitarian though.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Gold
    Load Metric
    the suggested replacement name for bullpen is as or more gay than starting extra innings with a runner on 2nd. I had a vegan buffalo chix sandwich for lunch today, Walter. It was really good. You might just try some of these things one day.

Load Metric
    PETA and vegetarian threads always turn into 'Listen to My Old, Dumb, Tired, Unoriginal Jokes' thread.

Not your fault, nightmarefish, just how it goes.

Load Metric
    Don’t ever date militant vegetarians, women who are overly involved in organizations like Angels for Animals or Humane Shelters, or women who have Love & Baketball listed under their favorite movies.

You can ignore this hard learned advice or suffer the consequences.

I’m not talking someone who occasionally donates and is nice to animals or just prefers to eat that way, that’s a positive, but someone who has 10 posts about animals for every picture of a friend or recommends donating $ animal causes instead of human-centric charities.

One of the scariest red flags.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Don’t ever date militant vegetarians, women who are overly involved in organizations like Angels for Animals or Humane Shelters, or women who have Love & Baketball listed under their favorite movies.

I’m not talking someone who occasionally donates and is nice to animals or just prefers to eat that way, that’s a positive, but someone who has 10 posts about animals for every picture of a friend or recommends donating $ animal causes instead of human-centric charities.

I wouldn't want to be with someone who ate a lot of meat so I'd think the feeling of the vegans would be mutual. They'd probably want to be with other vegans, no? For something like 20 years I've eaten no pork, beef, chicken or turkey. From time to time I would see a cheeseburger and think it looked good but never had one. Until about 8 months ago I decided that if the burger looked good and I wanted one I would have one and I have. About 5-10 of them in all. But watching a date or a person I'm potentially interested in eat off a bone would probably be the end for me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

I wouldn't want to be with someone who ate a lot of meat so I'd think the feeling of the vegans would be mutual. They'd probably want to be with other vegans, no? For something like 20 years I've eaten no pork, beef, chicken or turkey. From time to time I would see a cheeseburger and think it looked good but never had one. Until about 8 months ago I decided that if the burger looked good and I wanted one I would have one and I have. About 5-10 of them in all. But watching a date or a person I'm potentially interested in eat off a bone would probably be the end for me.
    I was mostly joking, except for the part about people who view animal rights as almost religion. I’ve found those people to be incredibly shitty people overcompensating in my experience.

Comments

country978: theyre obnoxious

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BCR is correct.

BTW, I once attempted to reason with a bunch of vegans on Facebook. They were posting insane things such as, "If you eat meat, or even dairy, you are no better than the Nazis. You are a willing participant in the animal holocaust."

I asked them what they were trying to achieve. I asked if they thought such extreme language would convince a sinlge meat-eater to go vegan, or if it perhaps would have the opposite effect and just make them appear crazy and easier to dismiss.

I said to them, "I actually understand where you're coming from regarding abuse of animals for the food industry, and I think if a lot of average people knew what went on behind the scenes, they might go vegetarian or vegan. However, if you approach them like this, you will get zero converts. Don't you think you should approach the issue in language to which non-vegans can relate?"

Not a single one agreed with me. I was chided for asking them to "hide the truth" and "tone down the animal holocaust".

I gave up. I told them that eventually technology will get us to where fake meat is just as tasty as real meat (and cheaper to produce), and the problem will solve itself. I told them this will occur long before they convince any sizable portion of the population. Then I bid them farewell.

Load Metric
    LOL at caring about animals. I don't even care about Chinese eating dogs, bigger things to worry about than some unethical factories.

I actually have been vegetarian for 10 years after getting ravaged by food poisoning while living abroad, simply lost my taste for it and kept off a bunch of weight.

Obviously it's fine to eat in moderation but most Americans eat far too much of the worst kinds.

Comments

Jayjami: This
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There are a lot of twisted sub-movements which spawn from veganism, too.

I was shown one of them which were "anti-birthers". These were a group of vegans who felt that humans were all evil and highly damaging to both the earth and the animal population. Therefore, they all committed not to have kids (or more kids if they already had them), and would both aggressively promote abortion and cheer about miscarriages. I saw some really nasty shit from them where they would post on the Facebook pages of "friends" who had miscarriages that it was a good event, and that the women should be happy that they didn't bring more evil into the world.

I coudln't help but ask some of them why they don't just kill themselves if human beings are so terrible to the point where they cheer miscarriages and pressure women into abortions "for the environment". None of them had any logical answer. The best I got was, "I didn't choose to be born. Since I'm here, I am going to live out my life."

I became aware of this subset of vegans because someone I knew from Facebook was briefly in this crazy community, and she was harassed by them when she accidentally got pregnant (by her husband) and chose to keep the baby. The horror!

Amazingly these people mostly had normal jobs and otherwise functioned just fine in traditional society. But then they'd go home on Facebook and do this shit. It was about a 50/50 gender split, by the way.

Weird shit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

For the record, I'm a proud member of PETA....People Eating Tasty Animals.
    They are even tastier when you kill, dress, and cook them yourself!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Someone once told me she was a vegetarian and I said I’m a second degree vegetarian. She asked what’s that mean I said the animal eats the vegetable and I eat the animal.

Once a colleague suggested I order a meat substitute, I said I use a meat substitute substitute, it’s called meat.

I am a vagitarian though.
    ROFLMAO ok for all our differences Walter that shit was hilariously funny..

Load Metric

My Stepdaughter went through a Vegan/Vegatarian phase.. IT blew up in her face she developed major medical issues including a protein deficiency that was unresolvable until she started eating... MEAT again.. Kinda had to laugh.. But I didnt, I knew better..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    There are a lot of twisted sub-movements which spawn from veganism, too.

I was shown one of them which were "anti-birthers". These were a group of vegans who felt that humans were all evil and highly damaging to both the earth and the animal population. Therefore, they all committed not to have kids (or more kids if they already had them), and would both aggressively promote abortion and cheer about miscarriages. I saw some really nasty shit from them where they would post on the Facebook pages of "friends" who had miscarriages that it was a good event, and that the women should be happy that they didn't bring more evil into the world.

I coudln't help but ask some of them why they don't just kill themselves if human beings are so terrible to the point where they cheer miscarriages and pressure women into abortions "for the environment". None of them had any logical answer. The best I got was, "I didn't choose to be born. Since I'm here, I am going to live out my life."

I became aware of this subset of vegans because someone I knew from Facebook was briefly in this crazy community, and she was harassed by them when she accidentally got pregnant (by her husband) and chose to keep the baby. The horror!

Amazingly these people mostly had normal jobs and otherwise functioned just fine in traditional society. But then they'd go home on Facebook and do this shit. It was about a 50/50 gender split, by the way.

Weird shit.
    The good news is with them living by their asinine cult logic theyll just disappear off the planet since they wont reproduce at all nor raise any other people with such whacked out mentalities.. As Rush would say.. Theyll abort themselves out of existence..

On a side note.. Any chance our illustrious KidPoker is in this weird hyper vegan no children cult?? Would make sense I mean the dude has literally flipped a lid on video before.. Although I think thats more roid rage from T replacement and his dose being too high..

Bronze
    Load Metric
    for fucks sakes .... wait until they find out what baseballs are made out of :/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yeah what are they're gloves made of?
    Recent trip through cattle country Canada you see cattle eating, eating or laying down. Not one instance of copulation.

Rodeos take a hit regularly but this has got to be cattle heaven
    Last edited by limitles; 11-03-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Thread Information