Thread: Twix "boy in a dress" Halloween commercial appears to be a fake -- but where is it really from?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Twix "boy in a dress" Halloween commercial appears to be a fake -- but where is it really from?

Got a social media mystery on our hands. Let's see if the smart folks at PFA can figure it out.

Today, conservative social media was all abuzz about this supposed Twix Halloween commercial:

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1453225912015724549

Indeed, the commercial has a number of disturbing elements to it, most notably the (adult) goth nanny apparently murdering a boy simply for saying that boys wearing dresses is "weird".

Conservative social media was also generally bothered by what seems to be a message to little boys that public cross-dressing is totally cool.

However, I looked past the outrage and noticed two things:

1) The "Twix" portions of the commercial only appear at the beginning and end, and seem to be very crudely edited in.

2) There is no mention of this commercial on any of Twix's pages or social media accounts, nor are any websites covering this commercial's existence, aside from some small, fringe right-wing outlets. So why aren't we seeing left-leaning websites covering the "beauty" of this woke commercial?

I believe it's because the commercial is fake, and Twix had nothing to do with it. It's probably a troll job of some sort, and a lot of people are falling for it.

But this made me curious about something else. If this didn't come from Twix, where did it come from? The production value of the video itself (minus the Twix edits) is fairly good, and it looks like it was probably made by professionals. So if this wasn't a Twix commercial, what was it, and why hasn't anyone recognized it yet?

The closed captioned subtitles might be a clue. It looks like it was lifted from somewhere. If this had been made specifically to troll people, they wouldn't have bothered with the needless closed captioning.

Any ideas? I tried some googling, and I'm stumped. But I'd be shocked if this is a real Twix commercial.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Question

Idea! IMO, IMO, some genius kid got a hard-on for TWIX co.et al. melted bar? bugs? no satisfaction from 800#?

Load Metric
    It's too long to be a commercial, so I googled "Twix short film" - this pops up from three years ago:

Starburst and Twix are both owned by Mars, so apparently it is real and they sponsor some kind of short film festival or contest annually. Notice how this one is actually a horror short, not liberal agenda bullshit like literally everything now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Once again, PFA brings the goods.

This is a short film called "The New Nanny": https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15533268/

It was indeed part of the "Bite Size Halloween" series, but it's something they've run since 2020 on Hulu in October: https://www.hulu.com/series/bite-siz...5-e075ab26a68b

There is no evidence at all that this is going to be a Twix commercial.

There is an association with Mars, which is Twix's parent company:

Continuing a partnership now in its third iteration, select films feature Mars candy integrations and/or will air on broadcast networks Freeform, FX, and FXX with sponsorship from Twix, Skittles, and Snickers.
    Source: https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news...ize-halloween/

It is likely that the actual film is more like 10 minutes long, as most of the other films in the series are in that range.

Load Metric
    Shorts are often entered into all kinds of contests, festivals etc. I imagine what's happened here is that Mars sponsors this thing and attaches various products to the intros as they are played in ads or accessed directly on Hulu and probably across other platforms globally as well. The short was purposefully edited down to meet a time limit probably to be an intro ad on some things. I do remember seeing these shorts on Hulu before too now that I think about it. Their film festival definitely predates 2020 also.

Load Metric
    https://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/bi...es-1201950949/

At this year’s inaugural Canneseries television festival, one of last year’s most ambitious — and straight up chilling — digital short film series is getting a splashy new premiere. “Bite Size Shorts” were initially created as a campaign by Fox Networks Group’s integrated agency, led by All City’s Chief Content Officer Tony Sella and Executive Vice President David Worthen Brooks, along with + Fox Digital Studio producers Arbi Pedrossian and Steven Johnson.

The 10-part series, meant to creatively show off Mars candies, was first rolled out on the FOX broadcast network and FX last October in the lead up to Halloween. Each two-minute episode is a standalone horror short, featuring new offerings from filmmakers like Ben Franklin & Anthony Melton, Toby Meakins, John William Ross, Andrew Laurich, Michael Thelin, Jerome Sable, Chris Leone, Jack Bishop & Justin Nijm, Rob Savage, and Chris Leone. Ten shorts will be screened at the festival, out of competition.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here it is: https://www.hulu.com/series/bite-siz...bundle_details

Name:  twix3.png
Views: 231
Size:  471.4 KB

You need a Hulu account to see it though, which I don't have.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Glad that Skatz and PFA could get together to put this one to bed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    EPISODE 15

Freebirth

A lesbian couple’s all-natural birth in the woods turns into a nightmare.
    Not going to lie, I kinda want to see this one too.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    Shorts are often entered into all kinds of contests, festivals etc. I imagine what's happened here is that Mars sponsors this thing and attaches various products to the intros as they are played in ads or accessed directly on Hulu and probably across other platforms globally as well. The short was purposefully edited down to meet a time limit probably to be an intro ad on some things. I do remember seeing these shorts on Hulu before too now that I think about it. Their film festival definitely predates 2020 also.
    Oh and I think you're onto something.

The Twix probably wasn't edited in by trolls. This was probably just a poor edit by people at Hulu, as the horror short you posted from a previous year has a similar one involving Starburst.

So I think we have our complete answer now.

This 2-minute short was probably ripped as-is from Hulu's "Bite Size Horror 2021", and posted as if it's a commercial.

Comments

1marley1: You’re weird, your sites weird, you’re all just weird!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    EPISODE 15

Freebirth

A lesbian couple’s all-natural birth in the woods turns into a nightmare.
    Not going to lie, I kinda want to see this one too.
    Baby probably looks like Trump.

Comments

Dan Druff: that would actually be a great film

Load Metric
    Twix and Milky Way my favs. Couldn't find link but I like the babby carriage pig in blanket football commercial

Thread Information