Got a social media mystery on our hands. Let's see if the smart folks at PFA can figure it out.

Today, conservative social media was all abuzz about this supposed Twix Halloween commercial:

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1453225912015724549

Indeed, the commercial has a number of disturbing elements to it, most notably the (adult) goth nanny apparently murdering a boy simply for saying that boys wearing dresses is "weird".

Conservative social media was also generally bothered by what seems to be a message to little boys that public cross-dressing is totally cool.

However, I looked past the outrage and noticed two things:

1) The "Twix" portions of the commercial only appear at the beginning and end, and seem to be very crudely edited in.

2) There is no mention of this commercial on any of Twix's pages or social media accounts, nor are any websites covering this commercial's existence, aside from some small, fringe right-wing outlets. So why aren't we seeing left-leaning websites covering the "beauty" of this woke commercial?

I believe it's because the commercial is fake, and Twix had nothing to do with it. It's probably a troll job of some sort, and a lot of people are falling for it.

But this made me curious about something else. If this didn't come from Twix, where did it come from? The production value of the video itself (minus the Twix edits) is fairly good, and it looks like it was probably made by professionals. So if this wasn't a Twix commercial, what was it, and why hasn't anyone recognized it yet?

The closed captioned subtitles might be a clue. It looks like it was lifted from somewhere. If this had been made specifically to troll people, they wouldn't have bothered with the needless closed captioning.

Any ideas? I tried some googling, and I'm stumped. But I'd be shocked if this is a real Twix commercial.