Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Pfizer Booster Shot Report

  1. #21
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7269
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44,979
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    anyone with a half decent immune system can get covid and recover easily so no need for healthy people to get the vax and the yearly booster
    Not how it works. There's a lot of damaging COVID outcomes you don't hear about -- where people don't die or get hospitalized, but walk away with permanent damage (such as lung damage).

    Your argument is exactly why I wasn't bothering with the flu shot, because almost everyone my age who got the flu would just get sick and fully recover, so no big deal.

    If you had Pfizer but no booster, you're protected a lot from death and really severe illness, but the mid-grade illnesses which put you through a miserable two weeks followed by lung damage are back on the table for middle-aged people.

    People who had no known long-term issues from the second shot can feel confident that the third shot is unlikely to do anything besides sicken them, and often not even that. I just ran bad with being in the 12% who got sicker from the third than the second. Why not do this instead of risking getting COVID and possible permanent lung damage?

    Even our booster-hating soyboy Sloppy Joe got lung damage, and he's only like 34. Between that and his wife refusing to have sex with him, 2020 wasn't one of his better years.

  2. #22
    now look here todge sure there are some damaging long term outcomes of covid no doubt but its a very small % chance

    most people your age will make a full recovery from the flu and also from covid, if you wanna get double jabbed and infinite boosters then go for it but lets be real this is a very survivable virus for 99.9% of people
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

  3. #23
    Watching the Sawks

    Red Sox ace Eduardo Rodriguez missed 2020 with Myocarditas (heart inflammation) after Covid-19

    He was fat and out of shape though.

    It’s random

  4. #24
    genuine question tho is there a number of booster jabs when you say enough is enough or are you going to keep on taking them indefinitely ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

  5. #25
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7269
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44,979
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    now look here todge sure there are some damaging long term outcomes of covid no doubt but its a very small % chance

    most people your age will make a full recovery from the flu and also from covid, if you wanna get double jabbed and infinite boosters then go for it but lets be real this is a very survivable virus for 99.9% of people
    It's not a "very small % chance" for those over 40.

    I personally know several. We even have one on this forum, who isn't even old.

    If this really were a "99.9% are fine" thing, I wouldn't worry about it.

  6. #26
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7269
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44,979
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    genuine question tho is there a number of booster jabs when you say enough is enough or are you going to keep on taking them indefinitely ?
    I'll decide as it goes along.

    I'm already making one change in the future. I have refused all painkillers because they can potentially interfere with the vaccine working, but the 2nd & third shot were so miserable that I promised myself I would take them next time as needed.

    I'm not going to go through 3 days of misery every 6 months, that isn't worth it.

  7. #27
    im not firing shots todge you can make your own decision but you gotta be aware that once you start getting jabbed then you gotta get boosters every 6 months or its a waste of time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

  8. #28
    ive had covid and came out the other side, literally everyone else i know who had it was alright in the end too, unless you are like 80 years old or chronically ill you will most likely be fine

    cos lets be real vaccine or no vaccine everyone is gonna get it at some point you cant hide from it forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

  9. #29
    Gold Cerveza Fria's Avatar
    Reputation
    305
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,159
    So, thinking about waiting on a booster for a while until there's more date, including my own. I'll be 55 later this year, and in in reasonable shape. No meds, I mostly eat healthy, and will be running 4 half marathons and a 10k race between now and April. Had 2 rounds of the Funky Cold Moderna, with some side effects. Round 1: severe hip pain (no prior history) for several hours. Also knee pain (no previous history in this knee). Round 2: Nada.

    Need more info on why the CDC thinks mixing makes a good idea. I think if one had Moderna, the stronger shot, why not get it again. Even at 50% dose, it still is stronger than Pfizer and J&J.

  10. #30
    JACKDANIELS SPITTING FACTS YALL

  11. #31
    Diamond Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Reputation
    1243
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Alley
    Posts
    8,875
    Quote Originally Posted by dmndkutr View Post
    Had it this last Sunday. Zero side effects.

    The earlier ones made me somewhat tired (nothing major).

    Once Druff gets his injection - I predict a bracelet this year.
    Be careful doing the right thing, that is not appreciated in these parts.

    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

    PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dmndkutr View Post
    Had it this last Sunday. Zero side effects.

    The earlier ones made me somewhat tired (nothing major).

    Once Druff gets his injection - I predict a bracelet this year.
    Be careful doing the right thing, that is not appreciated in these parts.
    You get your booster yet? Moderna says you would qualify, given your Adult Diabetes, severe Hypertension and high probability of a stroke.

     
    Comments
      
      PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Lack of mobility to the laundrie list of ailments.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    anyone with a half decent immune system can get covid and recover easily so no need for healthy people to get the vax and the yearly booster
    Not how it works. There's a lot of damaging COVID outcomes you don't hear about -- where people don't die or get hospitalized, but walk away with permanent damage (such as lung damage).

    Your argument is exactly why I wasn't bothering with the flu shot, because almost everyone my age who got the flu would just get sick and fully recover, so no big deal.

    If you had Pfizer but no booster, you're protected a lot from death and really severe illness, but the mid-grade illnesses which put you through a miserable two weeks followed by lung damage are back on the table for middle-aged people.

    People who had no known long-term issues from the second shot can feel confident that the third shot is unlikely to do anything besides sicken them, and often not even that. I just ran bad with being in the 12% who got sicker from the third than the second. Why not do this instead of risking getting COVID and possible permanent lung damage?

    Even our booster-hating soyboy Sloppy Joe got lung damage, and he's only like 34. Between that and his wife refusing to have sex with him, 2020 wasn't one of his better years.
    2021 is looking up though; that lung damage you love joking about didn't prevent me from climbing mountains and am getting it in a bit more.

    Have also avoided completely annihilating my reputation, abandoning all of my purported principles, watching a former rival be embraced as I become a footnote and continue paying for a website where the community isn't laughing with me, but rather at me, almost to a person.

    Good luck with those booster symptoms.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    Not how it works. There's a lot of damaging COVID outcomes you don't hear about -- where people don't die or get hospitalized, but walk away with permanent damage (such as lung damage).

    Your argument is exactly why I wasn't bothering with the flu shot, because almost everyone my age who got the flu would just get sick and fully recover, so no big deal.

    If you had Pfizer but no booster, you're protected a lot from death and really severe illness, but the mid-grade illnesses which put you through a miserable two weeks followed by lung damage are back on the table for middle-aged people.

    People who had no known long-term issues from the second shot can feel confident that the third shot is unlikely to do anything besides sicken them, and often not even that. I just ran bad with being in the 12% who got sicker from the third than the second. Why not do this instead of risking getting COVID and possible permanent lung damage?

    Even our booster-hating soyboy Sloppy Joe got lung damage, and he's only like 34. Between that and his wife refusing to have sex with him, 2020 wasn't one of his better years.

    Have also avoided completely annihilating my reputation, abandoning all of my purported principles, watching a former rival be embraced as I become a footnote and continue paying for a website where the community isn't laughing with me, but rather at me, almost to a person.


    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

  15. #35
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7269
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44,979
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    Not how it works. There's a lot of damaging COVID outcomes you don't hear about -- where people don't die or get hospitalized, but walk away with permanent damage (such as lung damage).

    Your argument is exactly why I wasn't bothering with the flu shot, because almost everyone my age who got the flu would just get sick and fully recover, so no big deal.

    If you had Pfizer but no booster, you're protected a lot from death and really severe illness, but the mid-grade illnesses which put you through a miserable two weeks followed by lung damage are back on the table for middle-aged people.

    People who had no known long-term issues from the second shot can feel confident that the third shot is unlikely to do anything besides sicken them, and often not even that. I just ran bad with being in the 12% who got sicker from the third than the second. Why not do this instead of risking getting COVID and possible permanent lung damage?

    Even our booster-hating soyboy Sloppy Joe got lung damage, and he's only like 34. Between that and his wife refusing to have sex with him, 2020 wasn't one of his better years.
    2021 is looking up though; that lung damage you love joking about didn't prevent me from climbing mountains and am getting it in a bit more.

    Have also avoided completely annihilating my reputation, abandoning all of my purported principles, watching a former rival be embraced as I become a footnote and continue paying for a website where the community isn't laughing with me, but rather at me, almost to a person.

    Good luck with those booster symptoms.
    Guess I struck a nerve.

    My "reputation" hasn't been affected at all by PFA drama. If you went around the WSOP, asked people if they've heard of me, and then asked those that had if there's been any news about me lately, almost every one of them would say "no" or "I think he's getting sued by Postle or something". Only a handful of people care about poker forums anymore.

    Good point about the last part though. I am aware that a certain percentage of this community consists of miserable trolllish cowards, who despite being grown men, are here mostly to hassle me rather than contribute anything of value. At the same time, most are afraid to say who they are, and open themselves to the same scrutiny. I'm glad you seem to understand this, and won't be upset when I decide to just ban these people.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

    2021 is looking up though; that lung damage you love joking about didn't prevent me from climbing mountains and am getting it in a bit more.

    Have also avoided completely annihilating my reputation, abandoning all of my purported principles, watching a former rival be embraced as I become a footnote and continue paying for a website where the community isn't laughing with me, but rather at me, almost to a person.

    Good luck with those booster symptoms.
    Guess I struck a nerve.

    My "reputation" hasn't been affected at all by PFA drama. If you went around the WSOP, asked people if they've heard of me, and then asked those that had if there's been any news about me lately, almost every one of them would say "no" or "I think he's getting sued by Postle or something". Only a handful of people care about poker forums anymore.

    Good point about the last part though. I am aware that a certain percentage of this community consists of miserable trolllish cowards, who despite being grown men, are here mostly to hassle me rather than contribute anything of value. At the same time, most are afraid to say who they are, and open themselves to the same scrutiny. I'm glad you seem to understand this, and won't be upset when I decide to just ban these people.
    Ok Jewdonk.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. did you know "AIRED OUT" = getting shot (cops shot in compton)
    By thesidedish in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2020, 09:24 PM
  2. Drone shot down
    By FRANKRIZZO in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-20-2019, 11:41 PM
  3. Gobboboy & Joe Tall report obnoxious Doug Lee angle shot at Planet Hollywood
    By Dan Druff in forum Scams, Scandals, and Shadiness
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-30-2014, 11:17 PM
  4. Flu Shot?
    By vegas1369 in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 01:25 PM
  5. HI Def Video of Cameras Attached To Shuttle Booster Engines
    By WillieMcFML in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 02:48 PM