Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
anyone with a half decent immune system can get covid and recover easily so no need for healthy people to get the vax and the yearly booster
Not how it works. There's a lot of damaging COVID outcomes you don't hear about -- where people don't die or get hospitalized, but walk away with permanent damage (such as lung damage).

Your argument is exactly why I wasn't bothering with the flu shot, because almost everyone my age who got the flu would just get sick and fully recover, so no big deal.

If you had Pfizer but no booster, you're protected a lot from death and really severe illness, but the mid-grade illnesses which put you through a miserable two weeks followed by lung damage are back on the table for middle-aged people.

People who had no known long-term issues from the second shot can feel confident that the third shot is unlikely to do anything besides sicken them, and often not even that. I just ran bad with being in the 12% who got sicker from the third than the second. Why not do this instead of risking getting COVID and possible permanent lung damage?

Even our booster-hating soyboy Sloppy Joe got lung damage, and he's only like 34. Between that and his wife refusing to have sex with him, 2020 wasn't one of his better years.