Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pfizer Booster Shot Report

Bronze
    Load Metric

Pfizer Booster Shot Report

Had it this last Sunday. Zero side effects.

The earlier ones made me somewhat tired (nothing major).

Once Druff gets his injection - I predict a bracelet this year.

Load Metric
    To what age group do you belong dmndkutr?

Was your initial vax Pfizer or did you mixnmatch?

Comments

dmndkutr: Early 40's Pfizer, Pfizer, Pfizer

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was going to talk about this on radio, but I'll give a little preview here.

First off, if it's been 6 months since your second shot, it is recommended by the CDC that you get a booster if you "live or work in high risk settings". That's not the only reason they recommend one (being over 65 or having certain medical conditions also qualifies), but the "high risk settings" is important for this crowd.

Why?

Because pro poker players definitely work in high risk settings, especially given the WSOP going right now. A "high risk setting" is defined as any setting where you are indoors for long periods of time and involuntarily exposed to a lot of people, especially those which may be unvaccinated.

Therefore, if you are a poker pro, and you want the vaccine booster after 6 months, you fit the qualifications. I'm only saying this because some people are either afraid to get the booster before recommended by the CDC, or are afraid of an akward incident at the drugstore or hospital when they are told they aren't allowed.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...-boosters.html

Anyway, it's been over 6 months for me, so I got it. Unfortunately, I had a hard time with the side effects, which was a lot of the reason radio was delayed (though other unrelated factors caused that as well). It was similar to the second shot, but worse.

The timetable was extremely similar for both:

Second shot: Almost no side effect for first 13 hours, sudden fatigue around 13 hour mark, rest of side effects around 16 hour mark, peak of symptoms around 40 hour mark, first significant improvement at 63 hour mark, mostly better by 72 hour mark, lingering issues for 3 more days

Third shot: Almost no side effect for first 11 hours, sudden fatigue around 11 hour mark, rest of side effects around 14 hour mark, peak of symptoms around 29 hour mark, first significant improvement at 60 hour mark, mostly better by 72 hour mark

Here's a list of side effects I had from both shots:

Fatigue
    Second: Very high
    Third: Extremely high -- would be exhausted after being up for a few minutes

Muscle and Joint Pain
    Second: High
    Third: Very high -- could not sleep during the worst part due to this, even though I was extremely tired

Fever
    Second: Mid-grade -- sat around 101.2-101.7 for a long time, then slowly declined. Overall had fever about 48 hours.
    Third: Mid-high -- sat around 102.1-102..8 for a long time, then slowly declined. Overall had fever about 48 hours.

Chills
    Second: Significant
    Third: Consistent but not terrible

Dizziness
    Second: None
    Third: Significant

Nausea
    Second: Intense for about 30 minutes about two days in, but no vomiting, then went away
    Third: Never intense but present for about 2 full days, no vomiting

Anyway, the bottom line was that I was fine for 11 hours, then terrible for 2 full days, then kinda sick but a lot better the next day. Shitty. I was also refusing to take any kind of pain reliever.

If I have to do this again, I think I'm going to lose my hard line attitude against the pain relievers, beacuse those two days were really terrible.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

First off, if it's been 6 months since your second shot, it is recommended by the CDC that you get a booster if you "live or work in high risk settings". That's not the only reason they recommend one (being over 65 or having certain medical conditions also qualifies), but the "high risk settings" is important for this crowd.

Why?

Because pro poker players definitely work in high risk settings, especially given the WSOP going right now. A "high risk setting" is defined as any setting where you are indoors for long periods of time and involuntarily exposed to a lot of people, especially those which may be unvaccinated.

Therefore, if you are a poker pro, and you want the vaccine booster after 6 months, you fit the qualifications. I'm only saying this because some people are either afraid to get the booster before recommended by the CDC, or are afraid of an akward incident at the drugstore or hospital when they are told they aren't allowed.

Anyway, it's been over 6 months for me, so I got it. Unfortunately, I had a hard time with the side effects, which was a lot of the reason radio was delayed (though other unrelated factors caused that as well). It was similar to the second shot, but worse.

Second shot: Almost no side effect for first 13 hours, sudden fatigue around 13 hour mark, rest of side effects around 16 hour mark, peak of symptoms around 40 hour mark, first significant improvement at 63 hour mark, mostly better by 72 hour mark, lingering issues for 3 more days

Third shot: Almost no side effect for first 11 hours, sudden fatigue around 11 hour mark, rest of side effects around 14 hour mark, peak of symptoms around 29 hour mark, first significant improvement at 60 hour mark, mostly better by 72 hour mark

Fatigue

Muscle and Joint Pain
    Third: Very high -- could not sleep during the worst part due to this, even though I was extremely tired

Fever
    Second: Mid-grade -- sat around 101.2-101.7 for a long time, then slowly declined. Overall had fever about 48 hours.
    Third: Mid-high -- sat around 102.1-102..8 for a long time, then slowly declined. Overall had fever about 48 hours.

Chills

Dizziness

Nausea
    Second: Intense for about 30 minutes about two days in, but no vomiting, then went away

Anyway, the bottom line was that I was fine for 11 hours, then terrible for 2 full days, then kinda sick but a lot better the next day. Shitty. I was also refusing to take any kind of pain reliever.

If I have to do this again, I think I'm going to lose my hard line attitude against the pain relievers, beacuse those two days were really terrible.

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Why all the facepalms, dwai?

This thread is to discuss the third Pfizer, which I just got. So I told people my experiene with it.

If I'm going to spend significant time in places like the WSOP, poker rooms, and even Dodger stadium (outdoors, but over 50k people crammed in), I want to be protected as well as possible becuase I'm not young.

Gold
    Load Metric

This thread is to discuss the third Pfizer, which I just got. So I told people my experiene with it.

If I'm going to spend significant time in places like the WSOP, poker rooms, and even Dodger stadium (outdoors, but over 50k people crammed in), I want to be protected as well as possible becuase I'm not young.
    How old are you?

Load Metric

Got the double Moderna back in the spring, wife and I were both sicker than hell after the first similar to your experience. She was the same after the 2nd whereas I had no side effects. I’m now in my later 50’s.

But I have decided against getting the booster even though I’m in probably more high risk situations than you. I’ve lost faith in believing in the CDC, the government and the pharmaceutical companies. It’s a game where they keep changing their mind on who and what is needed. I’m of the opinion most of us had it by now and didn’t even know we did.

Too much money and politics going on at this point in my mind to believe we need the “booster”. My life, my choice and my consequences if I’m wrong. Same as you making what you feel is the right choice for you. Everyone should respect each other’s choices but we know that isn’t happening.

Comments

splitthis: Diet and exercise ftw

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

How old are you?

My risk is substantially higher of that of a 30-year-old, while also substantially lower than that of a 70-year-old.

This is different from something like the flu, where the risk of a 30-year-old is relatively similar to mine. COVID is one of the few communicable diseases where its danger to middle-aged adults is much great than the danger to young adults.

This includes a lot of non-lethal-but-life-changing consequences, such as permanent lung damage. No thanks.

BTW, how old is PIPES?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

Got the double Moderna back in the spring, wife and I were both sicker than hell after the first similar to your experience. She was the same after the 2nd whereas I had no side effects. I’m now in my later 50’s.

But I have decided against getting the booster even though I’m in probably more high risk situations than you. I’ve lost faith in believing in the CDC, the government and the pharmaceutical companies. It’s a game where they keep changing their mind on who and what is needed. I’m of the opinion most of us had it by now and didn’t even know we did.

Too much money and politics going on at this point in my mind to believe we need the “booster”. My life, my choice and my consequences if I’m wrong. Same as you making what you feel is the right choice for you. Everyone should respect each other’s choices but we know that isn’t happening.
    You're okay for now because Moderna is doing better than Pfizer regarding holding up over time.

Some believe it's because Moderna's dose is 3 times higher than Pfizer -- something I never understood.

It is clear now that Pfizer's vaccine already has a significant decline in protecting you at the 5-month mark, and it keeps declining fairly rapidly from there. However, it does seem to still work to prevent death or serious illness in most people, even after 8 months. I mainly got the booster because it seems to reset me back to being unlikely to get things like lung damage or a 2-week long stint of feeling absolutely miserable. Without the booster, I could be pretty confident I wouldn't die from COVID, but that would be about it.

Gold
    Load Metric

How old are you?

My risk is substantially higher of that of a 30-year-old, while also substantially lower than that of a 70-year-old.

This is different from something like the flu, where the risk of a 30-year-old is relatively similar to mine. COVID is one of the few communicable diseases where its danger to middle-aged adults is much great than the danger to young adults.

This includes a lot of non-lethal-but-life-changing consequences, such as permanent lung damage. No thanks.

BTW, how old is PIPES?
    I am in my early 30s, I think I’ve said that many times.

A few months ago we hired a girl who graduate from UGA, a DAWG

In her first few months I noticed she took off several times because she was “sick”

I said to my assistants “what is the deal with the new girl why is she always sick? Does she have a condition or something?”

They said “no Nicky she seems like a nice and normal girl.”

I said “we should not be hiring people who are “sick” all the time, ask her is she ever thought of just not “getting sick”

So they asked her

“Did you ever think, just don’t get sick”

Guess what?

She hasn’t “been sick” since

Did you ever think of that?

Load Metric

are you going to the wsop?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

Why?

Fatigue

Muscle and Joint Pain

Fever

Chills

Dizziness

Nausea

Have to agree - everyone should get vaxxed but boosters are for cucks.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

BTW, how old is PIPES?

In her first few months I noticed she took off several times because she was “sick”

I said to my assistants “what is the deal with the new girl why is she always sick? Does she have a condition or something?”

I said “we should not be hiring people who are “sick” all the time, ask her is she ever thought of just not “getting sick”

So they asked her

Guess what?

Don't hire sick leave scammers, bro.

Do you understand?

Gold
    Load Metric

So they asked her

Guess what?

Don't hire sick leave scammers, bro.

Do you understand?
    You seem to be the one who does not understand

Load Metric
    given todgers immune system he is prob in a high risk group and should be getting a booster jab every 6 months for the rest of his life
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    anyone with a half decent immune system can get covid and recover easily so no need for healthy people to get the vax and the yearly booster
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric

BTW, how old is PIPES?

So they asked her

Guess what?

LOL. She must be really dumb, because if you had any legit business and she had an IQ over 100, you'd be sued in lightning speed, and you would lose. Hey I don't disagree with you but you would not beat that one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

So they asked her

Guess what?

LOL. She must be really dumb, because if you had any legit business and she had an IQ over 100, you'd be sued in lightning speed, and you would lose. Hey I don't disagree with you but you would not beat that one.
    Pipes may have blasted one in her eye and she had to take a couple days off.

Gold
    Load Metric

So they asked her

Guess what?

Listen pal that’s not how the real world works

About two years ago we placed an ad online to hire

A Moroccan girl called some candidates to “pre qualify them” then I would call the good ones

I called one and it was some old lady, first thing she said to me is

“Do you know what the first thing the girl who called me asked?”

I said no I’d not know

“She asked how old I was!”

The lady sounded about 70, I didn’t know why I was even on the phone with her. I said oh sorry

After I hung up my assistant asked if she would sue us

I said no, she didn’t sue us

Life’s not some lawyer “movie” pal

Load Metric

Listen pal that’s not how the real world works

About two years ago we placed an ad online to hire

A Moroccan girl called some candidates to “pre qualify them” then I would call the good ones

I called one and it was some old lady, first thing she said to me is

“Do you know what the first thing the girl who called me asked?”

I said no I’d not know

“She asked how old I was!”

The lady sounded about 70, I didn’t know why I was even on the phone with her. I said oh sorry

After I hung up my assistant asked if she would sue us

I said no, she didn’t sue us

Life’s not some lawyer “movie” pal
    My bad I forgot you outsource your employees from Cambodia, I was thinking about the US.

Thread Information