Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin shoots director

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Yeah, uh, unlike the crow, he killed someone behind the camera.

Baldwin is a nutjob and I'm guessing he will be charged here.
    Odd take

Baldwin was brought the gun by armorer, COLD GUN was yelled when handed ot was handed to him. During take, Baldwin aimed the gun at the camera and fired. As the scene called for.

Tragic for all involved, but the criminal act (of negligence?) seems to have been committed by the professional firearm consultant.

BINGO......Alec lawyer$ are getting their chops whetted.....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Yeah, uh, unlike the crow, he killed someone behind the camera.

Baldwin is a nutjob and I'm guessing he will be charged here.
    Odd take

Baldwin was brought the gun by assistant director, NOT the armorer, COLD GUN was yelled when handed ot was handed to him. During take, Baldwin aimed the gun at the camera and fired. As the scene called for.

Tragic for all involved, but the criminal act (of negligence?) seems to have been committed by the professional firearm consultant.
    FYP, and it’s a big fix, as the armorer is supposed to be one handling such props. But many of the crew had walked off the set about a half hour before in protest over several issues, including lax gun safety practices.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Union member replaced the blanks with the real thing to show those scabs what’s what.

At least that’s what they do in the movies or the 50s

Load Metric
    They must have accidentally swapped this gun with other guns during preparation
    Yeah, Druff … they mixed up this gun with all the other guns on the set loaded with live ammo

Read the thread for a credible and interesting idea

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    I'm actually a judge and he's probably gonna get the electric chair
    JUDGE ZAP, how is this not a show already?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Maybe he thought the lady was a pig like his daughter.

Comments

Sanlmar: Father of the Year.

Load Metric
    Ya, it seemed obvious from the start it likely wasn’t criminal, but he seemed to be intertwined in ownership of the project, and with rumors of bad safety practices and general low budget shit before this happened, this thing is going to be financially a real hit to all involved with the business end. I don’t know about insurance with something like this, but I’m guessing it’s dependent on following the proper guidelines. This feels like a decade long civil suit nightmare.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Ya, it seemed obvious from the start it likely wasn’t criminal
    How can you make such a statement? Obvious?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Ya, it seemed obvious from the start it likely wasn’t criminal
    I dont know what you mean? I meant I didn’t think he killed someone intentionally. That seemed very unlikely.

Maybe intentional is the better word than criminal. Lots of things are criminal.

All of Baldwin’s troubles have been with women and reporters and family.

He’s a complete hot head.

I don’t mean he couldn’t get caught up in some legal shit that involved being negligent in some criminal way, and I said I hope he wasn’t fucked up as that’s legal, but he’s ownership here. He probably hired these people.

Could he get charged with something? Sure, but I mean criminal in terms of doing something intentional that had him dying in jail like Spector or Blake.

When I first read about it my thought was this might cost him everything possibly, but more from paying off family and the liability rather than he killed some people on purpose. We’ve had a number of celebrities kill people drunk driving and other criminal ways through the years, but few do any real time in jail.

Had there been some domestic incident with his wife ending up dead at his home and him claiming it was accidental, I’d assume he killed her. That seems consistent with his personality.

Load Metric

I dont know what you mean? I meant I didn’t think he killed someone intentionally. That seemed very unlikely.

Maybe intentional is the better word than criminal. Lots of things are criminal.

I don’t mean he couldn’t get caught up in some legal shit that involved being negligent in some criminal way, and I said I hope he wasn’t fucked up as that’s legal, but he’s ownership here. He probably hired these people.

Could he get charged with something? Sure, but I mean criminal in terms of doing something intentional that had him dying in jail like Spector or Blake.

When I first read about it my thought was this might cost him everything possibly, but more from paying off family and the liability rather than he killed some people on purpose. We’ve had a number of celebrities kill people drunk driving and other criminal ways through the years, but few do any real time in jail.

Had there been some domestic incident with his wife ending up dead at his home and him claiming it was accidental, I’d assume he killed her. That seems consistent with his personality.
    Not Baldwin, of course. Baldwin’s gravitational pull is distracting people. Someone on the set. Labor both union and non union is very unhappy. I heard crew members walked off set just prior. Gripes about low pay and rotten hours.

The presence of live rounds on the set makes zero sense to me. This strikes me as something other than carelessness,

Admittedly, I haven’t read very much if anything on the story. I will.

Wish Harry Hollywood would weigh in on this and not Saved By the Bell. The mood in Hollywood and all that.

Load Metric

Not Baldwin, of course. Baldwin’s gravitational pull is distracting people. Someone on the set. Labor both union and non union is very unhappy. I heard crew members walked off set just prior. Gripes about low pay and rotten hours.

The presence of live rounds on the set makes zero sense to me. This strikes me as something other than carelessness,

Admittedly, I haven’t read very much if anything on the story. I will.

Wish Harry Hollywood would weigh in on this and not Saved By the Bell. The mood in Hollywood and all that.
    That’s our misunderstanding. I read the first page and saw kunts response to gut and made my post.

I was only referring to Baldwin. Gut had kind of implied Baldwin is nuts and he expected him to be charged. And I was thinking like Kunt where that seemed unlikely to me. He’s nuts, but not that type of nuts.

I didn’t think he lost his his shit and shot some people. It sounds like the set was a mess and it wouldn’t shock me if someone did something criminal at all.

It almost makes more sense that someone did something to sabotage a weapon rather than than getting unlucky right after having a labor dispute where gun safety was one of the issues. That seems more than coincidental. It’s really unlucky if so.

Someone probably didn’t mean for someone to die, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if there was some sabotage that ended tragically.

As a veteran of organized labor disputes, I saw shit that could have ended up killing people in auto plants. There was garden variety shit like people not putting the soundproofing in car doors that was typical during tense times, but I also saw people not properly installing brakes and letting shit go down the line that could hypothetically have ended up killing someone worst case.

There were safe guards in place, and shit was double-checked, and the person sabotaging was just trying to cause more down time and repairs. But if you ran into a spot where those guys were also mailing it in, bad things could happen.

I never saw it get to that level as mgmt was usually aware there were problems and tensions were high; but it made me cringe when guys in certain jobs were sabotaging shit.I’d think that’s not an area you want to fuck around. There are plenty of other areas to make a point, not there.

On some small set without a number of safeguards, I can see this being a labor dispute gone tragically wrong.

Comments

shoeshine box: AYE.

Load Metric
    Admittedly, my post was made not knowing all the details, I leapt to a few conclusions there. I assumed he flipped out.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Supposedly this is all true but i haven't personally verified it. Also there's mention of some people quitting because of gun safety issues.
    Name:  RedOctober.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  573.4 KB
    Incredible coincidences ftw.
    Imo
    If Baldwin was a rabid Trumptard he might be charged, since he's the opposite he's safe from criminal charges.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

Sanlmar: Now we are getting somewhere. I heard Bannon is a partner in the film too. Bannon had a piece of “Friends” which is trivia I always loved

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Honestly pretty shocking that it could even happen that a prop gun would be loaded. They must have accidentally swapped this gun with other guns during preparation, but you'd think there would be a procedure in place to absolutely never let this happen.

The person killed was a Ukranian immigrant who had slowly moved up in the Hollywood scene, and was killed at age 42. I bet when she left Ukraine for the apparently safer US, getting shot dead by Alec Baldwin wasn't very high on her list of possible dangers here.

You just never know.

i like him, wish he would take out many more

Load Metric
    I would think Baldwin would face some criminal charge even if its Involuntary Manslaughter. He was the one who after all aimed the and pulled the trigger and killed someone and maimed another. But even moreso, he was the Executive Producer and Union Workers were walking off the set complaining about worker and safety conditions and replaced by scabs. If this is not criminal negligence, then what is?

Obviously the civil litigation is going to be extreme, I had no idea Baldwin was 68 years old, I figured he was 10 years younger. His golden years are now wrecked, his career is done and while I feel bad for his victims, this could not have happened to a nicer guy. Fuck him, guess no more terrible and unfunny Trump parodies on SNL anymore.

Load Metric
    New Public Service Message from Baldwin for the Vid Vaccine

“Just take the shot”

Load Metric
    The assistant director who handed Baldwin the gun, David Halls, was previously fired for a gun safety fail on another movie set in 2019.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Alec Baldwin lets his antivaccine freak flag fly by interviewing RFK Jr.

Load Metric
    I knew Druff & PFA would find the above the most salient aspect of this story.

For you mumbles, this story is a classic case where “The Five Rules of Stupidity” are so perfectly reflected. Enjoy.

Let’s pick one from the list although all apply here.

Rule 2: The probability a person is stupid is independent of any other characteristics

Baldwin may be a fine actor and comedian but that has nothing to do with the likelihood he is stupid. Think about the initial press coverage.

Load Metric
    Yeah, the assistant director and the armorer were clowns. I want to ask you this. I hire an inept lifeguard. Your kid gets in trouble and ends up drowning cause my lifeguard was fascinated by the cloud formations that day. Am I culpable?

That set was a monumental shit show. The issues were endless and kind of interesting to dig into. I suspect Alec Baldwin might have been aware how it differed from other sets he’s been on in his 40 years in the business. All evidence indicates he’s just stupid.

Thread Information