Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SHIB (and other altcoins)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Im out of SHIB at the moment, but just dropped about $800 into Loopring (LRC) a little while ago at .66.

Rumor has it that they "may" be teaming up with Gamestop.

In any case, I always thought that Loopring always had a pretty low price, market cap and shares available vs most of the crypto market these days. I always thought they were primed for a run up anyway, and the current hype might add to it for a nice quick return

Edit: BTW, stay away from "squid game" crypto. I had zero intention of buying it, but i just read that its apparently a scam

Edit2: correction, it was about $875 at .66. (1326 LRC)
    BUMP

So, did anyone get in on the LRC train?

It skyrocketed right after I posted this.

Currently at about $1.50. Went as high as $1.93 so far today!

Frankly I think it's poised to go higher. One factor, I'm imagining how many WSB apes could be attracted to this investment because of the possible GME deal.

Plus, like i said, it has pretty good financials compared with others and it has a platform that appears promising

Load Metric
    Good financials ? Shares available ?

You know this isn't the stock market gordo ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    Good financials ? Shares available ?

You know this isn't the stock market gordo ?
    Ha ha

You know what I mean

Anyway, the entire circulating supply of Loopring is about 1.3 billion COINS.

It just traded almost 4x that in the past 24h

LRC is primed to blast off at this rate imo

Load Metric
    ya thats crazy volume they are giving it away on coinbase earn right now tho so idk how much that has to do with anything
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Platinum
    Load Metric
    ya thats crazy volume they are giving it away on coinbase earn right now tho so idk how much that has to do with anything

IMO its pretty likely that its virtually no effect at all.

You get a total of $1.50 for 3 questions (.50 a piece). That would buy someone about 1 LRC right now. Even if people were selling off from earlier, i just cant see that moving much of anything given the already massive volumes on this coin.

Ive already heard from some who recently signed up for CB, that they have to sometimes wait for a number of days for the promotions to show up; so im thinking its not like you can just sign up and get the promotion coin right away - but idk for sure.

I thought there was another round of quiz money late last year for LRC for like $1 per question or something, but I cant find any transaction history so im probably wrong. Perhaps I was thinking of a different coin

Gold
    Load Metric
    Took at look at loopring. its at $1.32 right now. I could convert my shiba but probably wont. Going to add it to my watch list. Thanks Gord

Load Metric

IMO its pretty likely that its virtually no effect at all.

You get a total of $1.50 for 3 questions (.50 a piece). That would buy someone about 1 LRC right now. Even if people were selling off from earlier, i just cant see that moving much of anything given the already massive volumes on this coin.

Ive already heard from some who recently signed up for CB, that they have to sometimes wait for a number of days for the promotions to show up; so im thinking its not like you can just sign up and get the promotion coin right away - but idk for sure.

I thought there was another round of quiz money late last year for LRC for like $1 per question or something, but I cant find any transaction history so im probably wrong. Perhaps I was thinking of a different coin

yeah not so much that the small amount they are giving away is the reason, more that its new coins to coinbase that are given away so new listing + free coins could lead to more people buying idk if thats the case just throwing it out

Gold
    Load Metric
    having made 100% return I took half out and let the rest ride...until it went down 20%. then i sold out. loopring is down since i considered but didnt buy it so I'm happy with that decision. Have cash to put to work so if anyone has a good idea I'm listening

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    having made 100% return I took half out and let the rest ride...until it went down 20%. then i sold out. loopring is down since i considered but didnt buy it so I'm happy with that decision. Have cash to put to work so if anyone has a good idea I'm listening

Yes. Since you asked, consider dropping a comfortable amount on LRC. You're at a even better price range than before. You're merely seeing a pullback after a massive run on the rumors. Things don't just go straight up.

Now, please understand that my bullishness is primarily based on an announcement during the 4th quarter (this quarter) of a partnership with Gamestop. A few sources ive been watching indicate that this is a really good possibility.

This may or may not come to fruition. If it does, I can see LRC skyrocketing at least initially from the news.
    If it doesn't, welp, then it is what it is. Im wrong.

I just see at this juncture a big upside potential vs downside.

That's my take

Comments

country978:

Gold
    Load Metric
    shiba turned into a double dog and so im very happt to be out of that gonna see if i can call the bottom in lrc before I take my shot with it. imo theres still lots of profit taking in both shib and lrc next few days

Gold
    Load Metric
    I noticed a further 20% drop in shiba and put my profits back to work. I'm hoping my timing was right. Current position initiated at $.00004475. At least thats what I was quoted. Coinbase has no option for a limit order.

Gold
    Load Metric
    and i just paid $1.15 for loopring

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    well i hope you're keeping track of things. crypto to crypto is a taxable event

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post

actually, not at all. lol! I figured coinbase would be able to provide whatever I needed for tax purposes whenever I need it. Not true?

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: yeah 100 they provide you with tax forms

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Source?

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    all i'm doing now is staking eth on coinbase and holding a few hundred dollars worth of btc for 6 dollar tourneys. i will report what i staked i and God please don't let us crash to shit before the merge and that will be the first time i ever paid taxes on crypto

Load Metric
    Source?
    You are just gonna love some of the crypto stuff tucked into Biden’s Build Better Infrastructure Bill.

Not since the UIGEA Safe Port bullshit, son. Not good.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Source?
    You are just gonna love some of the crypto stuff tucked into Biden’s Build Better Infrastructure Bill.

hey sanlmar from reading the btc thread i noticed you were a proponent of nvidia several years ago and also that its had a huge run since you mentioned it. Do you still have it? That thread goes on for years and years and I read most of it and was curious about how that worked out for you. It was like being in a time capsule reading what you all had to say about a particular thing over the course of many years. I both enjoyed and learned a lot from that thread.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Source?

Basically makes everyone a criminal.

Mix/wash your coins? Criminal.
    Mining pool that doesn't provide tax forms and have all your info? Criminal.
    NFTs > 10k you don't report? Seeya in jail
    Programming payments to keep them <10k to avoid tax forms? Say hi to Bubba.

The benefit of regulation is the big boys will get in and everything will go to the moon. But is it worth all this?

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

I know a jerk who sold it 16 days ago at 0.43 after 2 yrs of stagnant 0.

Thread Information