View Poll Results: What would you do in this situation?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Attempt to reach the owner and find out what's going on

3 11.11%
  • Your business isn't appreciated/wanted -- quit going

2 7.41%
  • Quit going AND write bad Yelp review

1 3.70%
  • Just pay the extra $8 each time for the substitution and swallow your pride

18 66.67%
  • Just quit the substitution entirely and swallow your pride

1 3.70%
  • Don't know / don't care

2 7.41%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jew Make the Call: Revoked Substitution Edition

Load Metric
    I have 3 go to restaurants if they changed menu to something reasonable or did something simular I would still keep going. Do they at least put tomato on side? 1 is a chinese restaurant which is best thru atrition. Really amazing by husband and wife , sometimes son delivers. Super hard workers seven days a week 11am to 10 pm. She can barely speak english takes a while to place order lol. Best of six in neighborhood.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 10-20-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Load Metric
    There’s literally a note with your name by the register saying “give this obese Jew his fries!”

And you’re proud of that.

Comments

Jayjami:
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    There’s literally a note with your name by the register saying “give this obese Jew his fries!”

"Obese"

Name:  jsearles-cposter.png
Views: 163
Size:  463.2 KB

Comments

GrenadaRoger: even haggles about the note--okay: "Overweight"

Load Metric
    If you're getting something extra, you're getting something extra.

In my 20s used to go to bars 3 times a week. I got to know some people for just being a regular. Others i knew from other stuff and they just ended up being working in the field. People that started from the bottom became managers or just better known by everyone in the same field.

For years i enjoyed the same benefits that employees did. I payed 20-50% for drinks. At the very least happy hour lasted till last call. I payed nothing for coats or entry.

Sometimes a new employee was at the door, coats or counter. I payed what everyone else did. I didn't even think about wasting anyone's time to save a few bucks.

And when anyone was off the clock, few rounds were on me. I haven't been a regular anywhere for more than a decade, but that still holds true.

I don't expect the same treatment a decade later. I still get it with most people i knew from those days.

Mildly related random rambling.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Cogent counter-example to Druff’s tale of anger at a lost entitlement.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Would you consider it okay if I paid for the fries but yelled at the staff because they wouldn't give my kid a free cookie?

Trying to understand the lofty standards of jsearles takeout etiquette.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Would you consider it okay if I paid for the fries but yelled at the staff because they wouldn't give my kid a free cookie?

Trying to understand the lofty standards of jsearles takeout etiquette.
    https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...ht=Kfc+edition

Quote Originally Posted by DanDruff
    This isn't about entitlement or a free cookie.

An employee promised something to a 3-year-old kid, and her manager rudely overruled it AFTER it was offered, even though the item was worth less than a dollar.

That's a really, really shitty thing to do, even in fast food.

It would have been different if jsearles asked, "Hey, can I have a free cookie for my 3-year-old?", and then was told no. In THAT case, the manager would have every right to deny it, because it would have been jsearles' fault for asking for something free. In this case, the cookie was already offered, the 3-year-old got excited, and the manager then reversed the offer. Awful.
    One guy expects something for free every time. Another guy clearly doesn’t. And you stone cold agreed.

Keep spinning Druff. It’s entertaining. You big mad
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Funny how you left out this part:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff
    With that said, LOL at denying your 3-year-old the cookie over this. Even I wouldn't have done that. Why disappoint your kid over something this? The correct play would have been to buy the cookie, then call back during business hours on a weekday and ask for the general manager of the store, and tell him/her what happened. I guarantee that you would get far more than the value of the cookie at that point -- likely an invitation to come back for a free meal.

You should also not call "corporate". Corporate doesn't give a shit about this, for two reasons. First, the store is likely franchised. Second, even if it's not franchised, this is not a big enough issue to warrant corporate involvement/interference.

This was 5 1/2 years ago, so forgive me if I forgot all the details of KFC Cookie Welchgate.

So to clarify, jsearles was in the right that the manager was being a bitch by denying his 3-year-old a free cookie after an employee offered it, the kid got excited, and then the manager overruled it.

However, instead of just buying the promised cookie at that point, jsearles saw it fit to make his 3-year-old cry about the cookie by refusing to buy it because it was no longer free.

Then he laughably wanted to "call corporate", as if corporate KFC was going to care about this absurd cookie story involving a franchised location.

So to summarize, I'm a jerk for wanting my continued french fry substitutions which had been done for 3 years, but he was totally reasonable to both make his kid cry and call corporate over a not-free cookie at a KFC.

Load Metric

With that said, LOL at denying your 3-year-old the cookie over this. Even I wouldn't have done that. Why disappoint your kid over something this? The correct play would have been to buy the cookie, then call back during business hours on a weekday and ask for the general manager of the store, and tell him/her what happened. I guarantee that you would get far more than the value of the cookie at that point -- likely an invitation to come back for a free meal.

You should also not call "corporate". Corporate doesn't give a shit about this, for two reasons. First, the store is likely franchised. Second, even if it's not franchised, this is not a big enough issue to warrant corporate involvement/interference.

This was 5 1/2 years ago, so forgive me if I forgot all the details of KFC Cookie Welchgate.

So to clarify, jsearles was in the right that the manager was being a bitch by denying his 3-year-old a free cookie after an employee offered it, the kid got excited, and then the manager overruled it.

However, instead of just buying the promised cookie at that point, jsearles saw it fit to make his 3-year-old cry about the cookie by refusing to buy it because it was no longer free.

Then he laughably wanted to "call corporate", as if corporate KFC was going to care about this absurd cookie story involving a franchised location.

So to summarize, I'm a jerk for wanting my continued french fry substitutions which had been done for 3 years, but he was totally reasonable to both make his kid cry and call corporate over a not-free cookie at a KFC.
    Like I said, you’re a bitch for expecting something. My situation I didn’t ask for anything. See the difference. I’m sure you don’t.

Load Metric
    Name:  94C84A6E-F5CA-47EA-B89A-8BFC42E79217.jpeg
Views: 127
Size:  20.7 KB

Load Metric

Brother Micon's personal growth and success look even more impressive now when we see where fellow NWP titans are in life presently!
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information