Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colin Powell DD

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric

Colin Powell DD

The anti vaxxers are gonna have a field day with this one. Fully vaccinated and still succumbs to covid. They will conveniently leave out that he has been suffering from multiple myeloma, a cancer of white blood cells in the bone marrow which affects the body’s ability to fight infections. Research has shown that the vaccine is far less effective in those with multiple myeloma.

Either way, RIP. And shout out to world star hip hop for breaking the story (to me).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    #ToddsPlan

Load Metric
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    He was immunocompromised.. He had Multiple Myeloma he had been battling for awhile.. So he fits in the typical demographics of those who've died from Covid.. Over 65 and had a major comorbidity.. Anybody who doesn't know what MM is its cancer which affects the bone marrow.. Its especially notorious for affecting immunity in individuals thus making them more susceptible to infections both bacterial and..... VIRAL... He likely got the shots and they didn't really take well.. If he got Pfizer which is already known to wane in effectiveness.. Well.. He probably wasn't protected worth a damn.. He's the poster child for those who actually are at risk from dying from Covid..

Load Metric
    He admitted his reputation suffered after he made “faulty” claims to the UN. Faulty claims?

Welcome to hell, buddy.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Just another dead guy who committed very public war crimes that nobody (in power) cares a lick about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The left is getting pissed off today that right wing anti-vaxxers are citing Powell's death as an example of how the vaccine doesn't work.

The left then rightfully points out that he had multiple myeloma and was 84 years old, and his body likely wasn't able to mount an immune response which healthy/younger vaccinated people would.

Funny how logical the left can be about science when the facts are on their side, yet they constantly lie/mislead about the COVID danger to kids, and support mandatory masking & COVID vaccinations of young children when the science doesn't back it.

BUT THEM ERS WERE SO FULL OF KIDZ IN AUGUST THO

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The left is getting pissed off today that right wing anti-vaxxers are citing Powell's death as an example of how the vaccine doesn't work.

The left then rightfully points out that he had multiple myeloma and was 84 years old, and his body likely wasn't able to mount an immune response which healthy/younger vaccinated people would.

Funny how logical the left can be about science when the facts are on their side, yet they constantly lie/mislead about the COVID danger to kids, and support mandatory masking & COVID vaccinations of young children when the science doesn't back it.

so if your kid died from covid you would be cool with it? I mean it's not killing that many kids as a percentage

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

so if your kid died from covid you would be cool with it? I mean it's not killing that many kids as a percentage
    If my kid died of anything at a young age I wouldn't be "cool with it".

But that doesn't mean potentially harmful measures should be forced upon him, in order to reduce what is already a tiny chance of death.

Every day is a series of risk calcluations. When I chose to take my kid on a road trip in July to Colorado and Arizona, I was definitely increasing the chance that he would die in a car accident during those two weeks. However, the benefit of the trip versus the low chance he'd die in a car accident made the tradeoff worth it.

Similarly, I do not feel the need for oppressive masking and distancing rules (which have definite social costs to developing kids), nor do I feel the state should mandate vaccination for a disease which is handled very well by almost all kids, and where it appears they are rarely transmitting.

Why didn't you support mandatory masking during the 2018-19 flu season, which killed a similar number of kids per month as COVID has?

Knee-jerk idiots are casting the COVID danger of older adults onto kids, and it's not at all comparable. We wouldn't be talking about COVID if the general population was dying from it at the low rate kids are. It would be a non-issue, like the Swine Flu was.

99% of all COVID deaths in the US are people over 35 years old, even though people 35+ make up only a little more than half the population. Kids under 18 make up 0.06% of all COVID deaths, despite being about 23% of the population.

Mathematics doesn't seem to mean much to the SCIENCE left, though.

Load Metric

But that doesn't mean potentially harmful measures should be forced upon him, in order to reduce what is already a tiny chance of death.

Every day is a series of risk calcluations. When I chose to take my kid on a road trip in July to Colorado and Arizona, I was definitely increasing the chance that he would die in a car accident during those two weeks. However, the benefit of the trip versus the low chance he'd die in a car accident made the tradeoff worth it.

Similarly, I do not feel the need for oppressive masking and distancing rules (which have definite social costs to developing kids), nor do I feel the state should mandate vaccination for a disease which is handled very well by almost all kids, and where it appears they are rarely transmitting.

Why didn't you support mandatory masking during the 2018-19 flu season, which killed a similar number of kids per month as COVID has?

Knee-jerk idiots are casting the COVID danger of older adults onto kids, and it's not at all comparable. We wouldn't be talking about COVID if the general population was dying from it at the low rate kids are. It would be a non-issue, like the Swine Flu was.

99% of all COVID deaths in the US are people over 35 years old, even though people 35+ make up only a little more than half the population. Kids under 18 make up 0.06% of all COVID deaths, despite being about 23% of the population.

I agree with your math for younger adults + kids.

However the problem is if you let covid run wild from age 35 downwards, what do you think is going to happen when they visit grandparents or other family?

Or they get in close contact with their basketball coach or whatever.

If your answer is to vaccinate 35+ at a rate of 100% I'm slightly more interested but what do you do about the idiots who won't get vaccinated?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

However the problem is if you let covid run wild from age 35 downwards, what do you think is going to happen when they visit grandparents or other family?

If your answer is to vaccinate 35+ at a rate of 100% I'm slightly more interested but what do you do about the idiots who won't get vaccinated?
    it's a flu faggot, where were you two years ago with your masks and mandates dweeb, if you're scared, stay home(which Canada is forcing you to do anyway, and if you're poor you're not allowed to travel without high fees for tests and quarantine hotels)

Load Metric
    I just got word from his sister. Here I was posting arguments one second and get a kick in the nuts the next second. Fuck. This is fucking terrible. He seemed to be doing ok last I saw him. Shocked and now starting to cry. A great guy he was. Fuck

Comments

dwai: gottem

Walter Sobchak: This post is the new little black dress
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

People who choose not to vaccinate take the risk into their own hands. I don't think we should work policy around them. Everyone in the US over 12 can get a vaccine if they want it.

It does not appear kids transmit COVID much. See other thread. There have not been any known student-transmitted school outbreaks in the first 2 months of the 21-22 school year. There have been a few where the teacher has infected the class, but not many because most teachers are vaccinated. The only pediatric outbreaks have been community-related, in areas with high general transmission, where kids likely got it from infected parents.

It appears kids can get COVID as easily as adults, but they don't transmit it much, and they rarely have worse than flu-like symptoms.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Sorry for your loss Jack Daniels. I know this has been a tough year for you. Thank you Sanlmar for not allowing his death to pass without mentioning that he died in shame for his role in the invasion of Iraq. Also, now Joe Biden walks through a restaurant with no mask even though one is required. If everyone would just stop pushing these masks on everyone else most of the conflict due to covid would be over. FFS even the democrat president flaunts the mask rule.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Can I add a little side note? How much of a pretentious douche do you have to be to have a fairly run of the mill name like Colin be pronounced differently than what is standard?

Colon??
    #ToddsPlan

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Sorry for your loss Jack Daniels. I know this has been a tough year for you. Thank you Sanlmar for not allowing his death to pass without mentioning that he died in shame for his role in the invasion of Iraq. Also, now Joe Biden walks through a restaurant with no mask even though one is required. If everyone would just stop pushing these masks on everyone else most of the conflict due to covid would be over. FFS even the democrat president flaunts the mask rule.

You mean flout.

Load Metric

Actually I support this fully, everyone should wear a mask when they are sick & stay the fuck home. but our work culture has this bullshit mentality engrained where people absolutely have to work even when they are sick. look at Asian countries during the flu season vs the US and you can see that masking up can stop a lot of this shit

Also why are you referring to masking up as "harmful measures?" What is more harmful, masks or the flu? Masks or covid?

You say that covid hits kids at a lower rate than those older - fine, but with your method kids are still going to die but you find that acceptable over wearing masks? Why?

Also we wouldn't be talking about covid if a huge portion of right wing retards got their fucking vaccination. That's the real truth. If everyone got vaccinated this shit would be fucking eradicated. SCIENCE BITCH

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Actually I support this fully, everyone should wear a mask when they are sick & stay the fuck home. but our work culture has this bullshit mentality engrained where people absolutely have to work even when they are sick. look at Asian countries during the flu season vs the US and you can see that masking up can stop a lot of this shit

Also why are you referring to masking up as "harmful measures?" What is more harmful, masks or the flu? Masks or covid?

You say that covid hits kids at a lower rate than those older - fine, but with your method kids are still going to die but you find that acceptable over wearing masks? Why?

Also we wouldn't be talking about covid if a huge portion of right wing retards got their fucking vaccination. That's the real truth. If everyone got vaccinated this shit would be fucking eradicated. SCIENCE BITCH

There are several countries with very high vaccination rates. None are anywhere near rid of COVID. This isn't an argument against vaccination. I got vaccinated myself, and I try to convince other right wingers to do so (especially ones over 45). However, it's false to state that their failure to vaccinate has caused COVID to remain.

Regarding your "what is more harmful" argument, that can apply to anything.

If we reduced speed limits to 30 mph, there would be a lot fewer auto deaths. If we outlawed backyard pools, there would be a lot fewer drowning deaths. If we disallowed legal sales of alcohol, we would have fewer drunk driving deaths.

Rather than asking what harm it causes, why not ask if it's necessary to mandate? Masks suck and almost nobody likes them. We shouldn't be mandated to wear them unless we are getting a real, tangible benefit from them. I am seeing zero tangible benefit to children wearing masks in school, yet a lot of potential harm from it.

Load Metric

There are several countries with very high vaccination rates. None are anywhere near rid of COVID. This isn't an argument against vaccination. I got vaccinated myself, and I try to convince other right wingers to do so (especially ones over 45). However, it's false to state that their failure to vaccinate has caused COVID to remain.

If we reduced speed limits to 30 mph, there would be a lot fewer auto deaths. If we outlawed backyard pools, there would be a lot fewer drowning deaths. If we disallowed legal sales of alcohol, we would have fewer drunk driving deaths.

Rather than asking what harm it causes, why not ask if it's necessary to mandate? Masks suck and almost nobody likes them. We shouldn't be mandated to wear them unless we are getting a real, tangible benefit from them. I am seeing zero tangible benefit to children wearing masks in school, yet a lot of potential harm from it.
    I am asking what harm it causes because that was a central point in your argument.

Also reducing speed to 30 mph would not mean fewer auto deaths, backyard pools being outlawed would not mean fewer drowning deaths, and making alcohol illegal sure as fuck would not stop drunk driving deaths. They would actually increase.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I am asking what harm it causes because that was a central point in your argument.

Also reducing speed to 30 mph would not mean fewer auto deaths, backyard pools being outlawed would not mean fewer drowning deaths, and making alcohol illegal sure as fuck would not stop drunk driving deaths. They would actually increase.
    Yes they would, yes they would, and yes they would.

Load Metric

making alcohol illegal literally increases drunk driving lol I love how you spout off these facts when they have literally been proven to be false and then you base your whole argument on that. Well the foundation is shit and your arguments lately have been shit

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

making alcohol illegal literally increases drunk driving lol I love how you spout off these facts when they have literally been proven to be false and then you base your whole argument on that. Well the foundation is shit and your arguments lately have been shit
    Since there hasn't been prohibition in 89 years, I don't know how you can make this argument.

You're also straying from the point. Just because a decision leads to less death doesn't mean it's good public policy. All rules, laws, and personal decisions contain a certain risk/benefit calculation, and sometimes the risk part includes a small chance of death. Designing policy around absolutely minimizing death at any cost is terrible public policy.

Thread Information