Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Micon BACK!!!!!

Platinum
    Load Metric

Micon BACK!!!!!

Kid is having a solid start to the WSOP.

Name:  Capture1.JPG
Views: 889
Size:  47.1 KB

Kind of a brutal beat he took on the final table bubble AIPF. Couldn't fade a 4.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 901
Size:  70.2 KB

Godspeed Sweet Prince.

Load Metric
    micon crushing Druff in every way, in net worth, in poker results and not being scared of catching a cold!

DOING BIG THINGS BOYS

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    micon crushing Druff in every way, in net worth, in poker results and not being scared of catching a cold!

DOING BIG THINGS BOYS
    You’s trollin

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

DOING BIG THINGS BOYS
    You’s trollin
    always

but looks like Druff REDACTED Sloppy Joe's post from this thread

yikes pfa has really fallen lately

Load Metric
    Micon sitting next to kid poker himself today. Day 2 of 10k championship. That should be a fun table. DN hates micon because of his trolling of choice center among other things
    -Allergic to the struggle

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Kid’s playing great. Peacefully grinding.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Somewhere around there I asked him on Twitter, when was the last year he turned a profit at the WSOP. I've been blocked ever since. After he made that HORSE final table I'm pretty sure he lost every year. Remember he would sell packages? Who in their right mind would buy a piece?

Anyway, he seems to be having a good series so far this year, happy for him. From his recent interview, he seems to have changed alot.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Kid’s playing great. Peacefully grinding.

Our friendship ended about a month after that.

I blame the peaceful grinding.
    Druff, can you reference any material that explains your fallout w Micon for some of us that hadn't been PFAers at that time? Perhaps some best part of a podcast or something from years ago or a post?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post

Our friendship ended about a month after that.

I blame the peaceful grinding.
    Druff, can you reference any material that explains your fallout w Micon for some of us that hadn't been PFAers at that time? Perhaps some best part of a podcast or something from years ago or a post?
    listen to the very first few untitled episodes of pfa radio where Druff is just whining about micon, they're still good and cringe

Load Metric
    Somewhere around there I asked him on Twitter, when was the last year he turned a profit at the WSOP. I've been blocked ever since. After he made that HORSE final table I'm pretty sure he lost every year. Remember he would sell packages? Who in their right mind would buy a piece?

Anyway, he seems to be having a good series so far this year, happy for him. From his recent interview, he seems to have changed alot.
    Not to disparage Micon, but, back in the day I had only played a few hands against "name pros" online. It was the late 2000's. I wasn't anything better than average at poker back then (made money when it was easy/fishy and lost when it got pro-infested --- I decided I didn't want to put in the miserable lifestyle to be a true grinder and left the scene).

I was in a heads up hand against Micon after he became "Poker Famous", in a hand that would basically guarantee one of us made the final table of some middle stakes tourney and one of us was would basically be done. I three bet shoved all in with AQ, with plenty of chips left. He took literally until the last second (I was thinking this was bad news, I thought Micon was "pro" remember). He finally called with A-10, I held, and have always thought of him as amateurish at poker since.

Love to know the bit-worth of him now, though! Look, he didn't say anything, but you could just feel that he needed the $ and it really hurt him from some of the people commenting in chat.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Well some things have changed, obviously. He's a decade older and has a kid, so obviously there has been an increase in maturity. He's now doing well financially, so there's no more pressure of frequently being broke. He approached the bitcoin community in a more serious manner, and earned respect by doing so, rather than the clownish demeanor he originally took in poker. Then crypto blew up huge and everyone in poker got to love crypto, so people in poker started to respect him more, especially those who didn't know or remember much about him from the 2000s.

So now he can play poker for fun without worrying about making rent, has respect from the crypto-loving poker people, and naturally acts more like a grown-up now.

That's basically the difference between Micon of 2011 and 2021 in a nutshell.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 541
Size:  84.5 KB

Pretty gross hand again actually. In there against the ole t75 in 7 stud split.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah that is a bad one, especially because the K-K he picked up when it dealt out put him in really good shape to take the high, as he's only losing to an A on 7th, and then that's what hits. Lots of outs on 7th after that to split the pot and bricks.

These small field $10k events can be tough because you've got to consistently win hands to cash. You can't just coast into the money while barely winning any real pots, like you can in big field NL events. On the bright side, your chance at a bracelet is a lot higher, but the rungood is essential to cash at all.

This is also what I find annoying about playing events with such a variance in buyin. Look at what happened here. Micon finished 11 out of like 950 players in $1k PLO and cashed like $10.5k, and bang, after this single event he's back in the red for the two combined. Maybe he doesn't care, but I find it annoying to feel like I had a "good" series and still lose money.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Personally I think Micon is MEGA RICH. Many many many millions of dollars. He is probably living like a king in Aruba or Antigua or where he is.

I listened to a video he did with Doug Polk on YouTube. Micon was also ahead of the game on the NFT thing. He’s been out in front of a lot of us. We can only assume he made a ton of money there as well. Sounded like he was claiming to literally be on the ground floor of NFTs and was in the game years ago. I just found out about it a few months ago. Who is the chump?

Anyways, I think it’s very hard for Druff to see this success.

In many ways, nobody on earth would have predicted Micon would be the one to wind up incredibly rich and Druff knows it.

I’ve noticed it’s hard for Druff to admit Micon is rich.

Micon rents $500 night suites and is not satisfied with the quality and heads down the street to a nice spot for a more expensive suite,

That is the Nicky Pipes Lifestyle

He probably didn’t complain to management or spend hours on the phone trying to get on the line with a “decision maker”. He posted a funny video on YouTube that also doubled a self promotion tool, and bounced to a nicer spot, wasn’t bitching and moaning for a refund or a “bill adjustment”

A few months ago I was in Miami for the night. Got a suite at a place on the beach I thought would be real nice.
    It was nice, but the blonde I was with called down and asked for a wine glass, none in the room.

They said they couldn’t send up a wine glass due to “Corona regulations” but could provide a “paper cup”

I said to her that this was the most ridiculous thing I’d ever heard. They had a nice bar right in the lobby. The whole Corona virus nonsense annoyed me as well, what type of regulation?

Anyways, I said let’s leave lots of nice places in Miami this is not the Nicky Pipes Lifestyle

So we left immediately and went to a nicer spot and had a great time at the pool and beach, I saw a dolphin from the balcony in the morning

No complaints to management, no refund, no “online reviews”

Micon has been practicing the Nicky Pipes Lifestyle for a while now brothers

Do you think he ever neglects sunning his balls down there in Aruba? Guess again pal

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Brother, he made a video complaining about the Rio suite he rented.

That sounds a lot more like the "Druff lifestyle" than the "Nicky Pipes lifestyle"!

Comments

NickyPipes: Brother you can not afford the suite, don’t worry they have budget options in town

Gold
    Load Metric
    Brother I addressed that in my post and gave him credit for his marketing skills. A lot of the fellas on the forum enjoyed the video and it was popular on social media. Once again we witness Druffs inability to avoid bias when discussing Micon.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Brother I addressed that in my post and gave him credit for his marketing skills. A lot of the fellas on the forum enjoyed the video and it was popular on social media. Once again we witness Druffs inability to avoid bias when discussing Micon.

Nicardo with another absolute banger. Great to see Micon making moves, he's clearly come a long way.

Comments

NickyPipes: Thanks brother, I am also happy for Micon.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Could NickyPipes possibly be Micon?

Comments

NickyPipes: Brothers you can always count of this guy to be dead wrong
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Brother, he made a video complaining about the Rio suite he rented.

That sounds a lot more like the "Druff lifestyle" than the "Nicky Pipes lifestyle"!
    Except the video was hysterical.

Load Metric
    Micon definitely is the ultimate hustler and I am certainly jealous. Personally speaking I don;t have lots of respect for him though.

He was always shilling some crap trying to rip people off like the Micon system 1 and 2 which remain some of the worst poker instructionals ever. He hired a spam company to mass market it through emails. Oh ya and stats over 1k pokerstars tourneys showed he was break even poker player. Even for 2006 he was not considered a good player. He really never seemed to have any morals or ethics when it came to business and money.

Micon has never come across as very loyal and honestly hated the forum. I think he only really liked it as a way to further his reputation in the poker world. When he realized the poker forum no longer benefited him he ran off fast. Its zero surprise he disappeared from forums.

When Micon ran seaslwith clubs he was head of security but also one of their highest volume players. Not saying he cheated but damn he certainly put himself in a position to prosper from it.

Micon is extremely charismatic but I always got the sense that he didn;t have a lot of really close friends or at least friendships that lasted a long time. I could be completely off on this point.

Thread Information