Load Metric

I'm on French poker show "Club Poker TV" right now

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    will there be a re broadcast?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Brother I watched just now. Previously I did not know what you look like.

1) I would suggest getting a “crisper” shirt for on camera interviews
    2) who is the broad? That your side piece?
    3) you should redesign the Poker Fraud hats. This takes 5 minutes on any number of websites. You can have nice hats made for a reasonable price, I do it for my companies all the time. They have to look a bit sharper brother.
    4) I have wondered why I haven’t seen you on some of the YouTube poker shows. Are you “black balled” for being outspoken?
    5) you talked about confronting “Fat” Howard Led, I am glad to hear that brother. Let’s just say I would also “confront” Howeie if I saw him in person. Same with that Ferguson guy. Can’t believe these guys play at the WSOP. It’s mocking the community in a very sick and demented way.
    6) would you do a live stream type broadcast with Nicky Pipes? I’ll be on camera with you it’s
    No problem

Comments

shoeshine box: I got # 3 a donation when you ready.

gimmick:

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Brother I watched just now. Previously I did not know what you look like.

1) I would suggest getting a “crisper” shirt for on camera interviews
    2) who is the broad? That your side piece?
    3) you should redesign the Poker Fraud hats. This takes 5 minutes on any number of websites. You can have nice hats made for a reasonable price, I do it for my companies all the time. They have to look a bit sharper brother.
    4) I have wondered why I haven’t seen you on some of the YouTube poker shows. Are you “black balled” for being outspoken?
    5) you talked about confronting “Fat” Howard Led, I am glad to hear that brother. Let’s just say I would also “confront” Howeie if I saw him in person. Same with that Ferguson guy. Can’t believe these guys play at the WSOP. It’s mocking the community in a very sick and demented way.
    6) would you do a live stream type broadcast with Nicky Pipes? I’ll be on camera with you it’s
    No problem

Good post.

#3 im in

#5 I be honest I heard/then saw a lotta guys say they was gonna tell Jesus this and Howard that...no one..100x I seen them at table and some ppl talk to him others nothing...til u at table you dont know bro..tbh.. Not that I Bet against you doing /saying something.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    This link might get you to the right place...

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1176724857

...around 2 hour mark is Druff's interview.

So far i prefer the French lady when she's asking questions in thick accent. Also she appears far more dominant. For future refence Druff should get closer to the camera. Men really can't pull off what she's doing, but you can't appear to be a kid that's being scolded whenever she is translating what you just said.

I might change my opinion after more than 10 minutes of the interview.

Comments

Cerveza Fria: Wow, gimmick actually brought something useful here to the forums. Rep earned.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Druff looked homeless.

French lady did not.

Load Metric
    druff you could've tried to look a little better bro but I like your not giving a fuck kinda style

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I had a very short time to get ready for the interview because I was somewhere else all day since early in the morning, and just got home about 15 minutes before it started. That's also why I didn't post here with more notice. I had believed I would be back a few hours beforehand, but I wasn't.

I also hadn't shaved in awhile, so I did what I could in about 5 minutes. With that said, I just looked at how I appeared on the broadcast, and I think it was fine. I am a guy near 50, and not trying to be a poker sex symbol or a fashion plate.

BTW, what you see there is what I use to broadcast radio, and I do so in that exact spot. I know it's kinda blurry in the background, but if you're curious where I broadcast radio from and what I look like doing it, that's pretty much it.

It will be up on YouTube later, but I haven't been sent the link yet.

I would be happy to do a video show with NickyPipes if he's up for it. I'm much more of an audio guy, but I'll make an exception here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    For future refence Druff should get closer to the camera.
    Science has shown he should stay 6 feet away from the camera.

Load Metric
    My take of a completely unnecessary image analysis...

Name:  unnecessary02 - Copy.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  251.8 KB

...fairly sure we're all here for this.

The red lines are just for scale, mostly nothing magical happens there.

The white lines split the images in thirds and blue lines only show the center lines.

The image was only sharpened a bit since it's fairly neutral effect for both sides.

So what we see in her image is keeping her eye level cleanly on the upper 3rd divider. Her shoulder line is straight and in the middle. Her figure covers about 6/9ths of the screen at all times. There's very little variance with any of this in the video. For the most part she plays a very professional and clean game.

What we see in Druff's worst moment is a slouching posture. Barely covering 2/9ths of his screen. We'll avoid mentioning the shoulders. The upper 3rd of the screen is empty. There's massive variance with movement. We would have needed some dirty tricks to come back from this position.

What causes all of the above is her leaning forward towards the camera and Todd leaning backwards when listening. With a steady camera you should basically never lean backwards. Just do what you're not supposed to do at a dinner table. Rest on your arms.

What saves Druff here is her unfortunate wardrobe choice. The lack of contrast. What ever you do don't match your outfit with the background. Druff won the contrast war in multiple ways. He is the one that stands out. Where as on her screen the microphone has the most visual weight while also sabotaging any chance to leverage her cleavage to victory.

With the social interaction part Druff won a smile out of her in the end and the cameraman cut out when she started playing with her hair.

Fairly sure they've never read the forum. That must count as a plus. Would love to know what they said in the last 4 minutes after the interview. Oh and if you haven't figured out yet i'm not going anywhere with this. I had 30 minutes to spare and this was the least productive way i could think of wasting it.

Comments

country978: lol

dwai: ROFL

JACKDANIELS: avoiding mentioning the shoulders

Dan Druff: quality work

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

This link might get you to the right place...

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1176724857

...around 2 hour mark is Druff's interview.

So far i prefer the French lady when she's asking questions in thick accent. Also she appears far more dominant. For future refence Druff should get closer to the camera. Men really can't pull off what she's doing, but you can't appear to be a kid that's being scolded whenever she is translating what you just said.

I might change my opinion after more than 10 minutes of the interview.
    Thanks Gimmick. I was able to watch there. This appearance was definitely better than the last one where Druff was on a podcast with vital vegas. That one wasn't his fault though.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

good to see you..you look good...She is very nice and they gave u a good break.
    dodgers just went ahead 2-1

Comments

country978: ya this is a great game go dodgers

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Gaelle is dam fine, her lazy brown eye is sexy as heck.. she likes Todd. Bravisimo
    Last edited by shoeshine box; 10-15-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    WTF was the start of the video about, bunch of goofy dudes sitting around?

Fast forwarded to Druff and then turned it off because the interview was dull.

She’d speak French for two minutes…then English for 10 seconds, she and her accent were both kinda sexy but Druff looked liked he’d been blowing dudes for crack money…and I couldn’t bear to see him like that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Still not up on YouTube. Guess it takes awhile to edit?

Just skimmed through it again. Not going to watch the entire thing because I just lived it, and I don't need to see it again in full. I still think I looked fine there for the most part, aside from the camera being too low, as gimmick already pointed out. I probably would've noticed, but Skype puts a tiny version of me on my screen, and a big version of the people I'm talking to, so I couldn't see that I was only occupying the bottom half of the frame. On my next video appearance, I'll be more mindful of that.

The show won't be too exciting for anyone who already knows me. It's a repeat of stuff you already know. Just posted it here for anyone who might be interested in seeing it.

FYI, I don't seek any of this stuff out. Maybe I should, to get my own show more exposure. When I do appear on a show like this, they always find me somehow. Even my 2008-2009 appearances on 60 Minutes and CNBC were cases where I was approached by them. This was also true regarding my appearance in the Blu Ray Extra on "Runner Runner" when they did a documentary about poker cheating.

Load Metric
    My take of a completely unnecessary image analysis...

Name:  unnecessary02 - Copy.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  251.8 KB

...fairly sure we're all here for this.

The red lines are just for scale, mostly nothing magical happens there.

The white lines split the images in thirds and blue lines only show the center lines.

The image was only sharpened a bit since it's fairly neutral effect for both sides.

So what we see in her image is keeping her eye level cleanly on the upper 3rd divider. Her shoulder line is straight and in the middle. Her figure covers about 6/9ths of the screen at all times. There's very little variance with any of this in the video. For the most part she plays a very professional and clean game.

What we see in Druff's worst moment is a slouching posture. Barely covering 2/9ths of his screen. We'll avoid mentioning the shoulders. The upper 3rd of the screen is empty. There's massive variance with movement. We would have needed some dirty tricks to come back from this position.

What causes all of the above is her leaning forward towards the camera and Todd leaning backwards when listening. With a steady camera you should basically never lean backwards. Just do what you're not supposed to do at a dinner table. Rest on your arms.

What saves Druff here is her unfortunate wardrobe choice. The lack of contrast. What ever you do don't match your outfit with the background. Druff won the contrast war in multiple ways. He is the one that stands out. Where as on her screen the microphone has the most visual weight while also sabotaging any chance to leverage her cleavage to victory.

With the social interaction part Druff won a smile out of her in the end and the cameraman cut out when she started playing with her hair.

Fairly sure they've never read the forum. That must count as a plus. Would love to know what they said in the last 4 minutes after the interview. Oh and if you haven't figured out yet i'm not going anywhere with this. I had 30 minutes to spare and this was the least productive way i could think of wasting it.
    ROFL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Why did it appear to be daytime where she was? This was recorded at 11:30pm France time.

I guess it's possible she was in Quebec (5:55pm sunset, and it was 5:30 there when we started) but it just seemed too bright for that.

Load Metric
    The mildly more useful part 2...

Name:  designthings06 - Copy.png
Views: 141
Size:  1.32 MB

...assuming you want to do more things like this.

You're just looking to have some headroom and align your eyes roughly on the upper third line. Having a somewhat balanced background without too many distractions is preferable.

The reason why most talking head shows have the host centered is because it gives a more authoritative presence. You appear sincere, someone who knows his shit and all eyes are on you.

That's the reason why the image on the left is framed the way it is. I might have preferred slightly more headroom and few other things. About everything i did to it was the laziest possible solution to fix a problem. Vignetting, increasing clarity and other things that darken the image are far from optimal, but they take about 3 seconds.

The image on the right is more interesting but not really for the right reasons.

For video your baseline should have your eyes in a nice horizontal line and your nose in a vertical line. You can and should move a bit, but the previous alignment is how you set the camera and where you return in resting position.

When you read something from a screen in front of you it should be in a place where your eyes don't visibly wander from the center. It should never cause you to tilt your head to any direction.

Guess that should do for now.

Load Metric
    also having two eyes that are the same size would help

Thread Information