Thread: Shaun Deeb claims someone broke into his Rio room at 6am and tried to steal from him

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Shaun Deeb claims someone broke into his Rio room at 6am and tried to steal from him

https://twitter.com/shaundeeb/status/1447215029758033922

Now.. I have a few issues here. I don't think Shaun is lying, because he doesn't really have a history of outright fabricating stories. However, he said the guy was "robbing" him, but doesn't explain what that means. He doesn't detail what was stolen, if anything. He does say that the guy ran off as soon as he woke up.

However, the Rio also has a history of stupidly double-assigning rooms. This happened to Eric Sonstegard in 2013, where they double checked-in someone to Eric's room, and the guy stole from him when he got to Eric's room and found cash and an iPad laying out.

There have been similar instances like this over the years, and others in the Deeb thread have also told similar stories.

If you're looking to target Shaun Deeb, why would you do it at 6am, when he'd likely be in the room and sleeping? In fact, 6am is the WORST time to target a room for theft, because that's one of the most likely times that the person will be there. If you have access to Shaun's room, the simplest way to steal is to wait for him to be in an event, and then break in while he's gone! It's pretty easy to figure out a time to waltz into his room and steal, if that's the goal.

Clearly this wasn't a strongarm robbery, as the guy ran away when Shaun woke up. So you can't even say that this was an attempt to force Shaun to open his safe.

I think this was more likely a double checkin, and the guy ran off in fear when Shaun sat up. It is possible that the guy decided to try to steal something upon finding the opportunity (not even knowing whose room he was in), similar to what happened to Sonstegard in 2013 (though Sonstegard clearly wasn't there, while Deeb was sleeping in this case).

Load Metric
    Hotel room latches can easily be defeated by a pro. If you’re really concerned about someone trying to get into your room while your asleep in it, carry and use a portable door alarm.

Name:  997176B1-35FE-4956-8DA3-5EEBC74F275F.jpeg
Views: 680
Size:  32.5 KB

Or a portable door jammer if you don’t want to be awakened by an alarm.

Name:  CD71ED36-F320-4585-B7D3-B28FAE6B10BC.jpeg
Views: 644
Size:  39.7 KB

Each of these items is less than $20 on Amazon.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    DO NOT STAY AT THE RIO HOTEL IN LAS VEGAS...EVER!!!

THE RIO HOTEL NEEDS TO BE IMPLODED!!!

Comments

Shizzmoney: rio nastyaf rep

Load Metric
    In before Dwai correctly blames Joe Biden.

Load Metric
    I know this kid has been around forever, and if he was not reputable, would likely be unable to find backing. You seem skeptical without straight up accusing him of something.

In general though, I’d assume someone dusted off a backers money in the pits and is claiming he got robbed. Good luck trying to explain to some backer your room got robbed, if that’s what happened. Even if true, no one is believing you.

I know this kid has crushed tournaments forever, so I have no idea if he is worth 20 million or backed for $1500 buy ins?

Just to be honest, sounds like a story I’d tell my wife back in the day when I got drunk and dusted off $50k in the pits.

Thread Information