Nate Silver plays the WSOP every year, but hasn't had much success. He has three lifetime cashes -- all for under $4400.

He entered the $10k Limit Holdem event, which had only 78 entrants, and will definitely be cashing at least 5 figures this time.

There are a number of "name" players at this table, but this time it was short on known limit holdem pros. When I made that final table 8 years ago, it was populated by all limit players, aside from Justin Bonomo, who is also a good limit player because he's been advised by a lot of very good limit players in his Magic friends group.

This final table features Nate Silver, Jason Somerville, and John Racener -- none of whom are known for their LHE prowess. There are some players at the table known for their limit poker skill, including "Angry John" Monnette, Ray Dekharghani, Kevin Song, and Terrence Chan. There are two other guys at the table who are mostly unknown.

Terrence Chan has a weird situation going on with this event, where he has cashed 4 times, but never finished better than 8th.

https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/chi...of=197433&rr=5

Lifelong liberal Nate Silver has pissed off the left at times. When he rocketed to fame in 2012, the left was thrilled to learn that he was gay, and looked to push the triumphant story of a successful, young, gay statistician. However, Silver got angry at this attempt to play identity politics, and told them that he wanted to be known as "Nate Silver, notable statistician", not "Nate Silver, gay statistitican". He also stated that being gay was not part of his identity, and he simply saw it as an unremarkable personal attribute. This irritated lefty media and social media types who wanted him to embrace their celebration of his homosexuality. Instead, he made them look foolish.

Silver got the left even angrier in late 2020 when he broke from left-wing COVID dogma, and called out Democrats for "frequently being anti-science". While he has also been highly critical of right-wing anti-vaxx types, Silver has also repeatedly called out the left for creating a needless sense of panic involving COVID, and for misleading the public into believing dangers exist where they mostly don't. He was also highly critical of the planned "racial equity" method of vaccine distribution, again calling it "anti-science". After COVID hit its peak in January 2021, wipng out old people at an alarming rate, panicky state governors mostly backed away from the planned "equity" methods, and did it mostly by age.

Anyway, while I sometimes don't agree with Silver, and while I think his skills are sometimes overrated, I respect him for speaking out against his own party, and being willing to get his former supporters mad at him for doing so.

GL to him.