View Poll Results: What should Brianne and Tommy do in this situation?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree to pay the $2000

3 10.00%
  • Negotiate it down to $1000, or otherwise refuse to pay

1 3.33%
  • Negotiate it down to $500, or otherwise refuse to pay

3 10.00%
  • Demand a full accounting of verifiable replacement cost, and not pay otherwise

15 50.00%
  • Agree to pay only for damage Brianne's kids caused (not Marie's)

1 3.33%
  • Refuse to pay anything

4 13.33%
  • Other

3 10.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You Make the Call: Damaged Banquet Chocolates Edition

Load Metric
    Just very lucky a $1300 bill is all they got. Perhaps child services should be called in. Worse things happen in Vegas hotels to 13 YO kids left unattended so parents can go gamble and party.

https://nypost.com/2015/01/29/saudi-...-in-las-vegas/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Other. Being banned should not be part of the thought process. The parents fucked up and are to blame and must buck up.

Agree to the 1300 and chalk it up to experience. A full accounting? Be serious. Do you want them to itemize the cost of each chocolate at retail or wholesale? And what about the time and money put into this event that was trashed and will have to be repeated?

BTW if I was one of those kids I would have done the same shit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Those chocolate decorative pieces look quite exquisite. $25 a piece for them is probably the true replacement cost the vendor would charge Resorts World.
    That’s what they’d pay. You or I would pay $50+ for a couple.

I’m not much of a chocolate eater. Wasn’t even when I ate crap young. Was surprised when I googled it looking for replacement costs

Load Metric
    They should easily be able to produce an event order that shows the cost of the chocolates.

I would pay it if they did - the drop to $1,300 is super sketchy and I wouldn't move forward until I saw the cost.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    So, I chose other. I would do a Credit card dispute, so the charges don't go through. I would demand to see the video to see how many were destroyed and then ask for a bill showing what they actually paid per item. Then I would offer them half of that or tell them I won't give them any action. I give enough action that they wouldn't want to piss me off.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Pay the money and wrap up those busted up chocolates for the kids Christmas gifts come December.

Comments

Pablo:

MumblesBadly: :this

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Cool

Brianne call Marie,tell her we go 650 apc. fahgedaboudit......supervise children better. do not bring to Vegas to young....totally on Brianne/marie 50/50...imo

Load Metric
    Issue 1: Was a crime committed? Probably not, when young minors are involved, many states hold that they cannot form the requisite criminal intent as a matter of law.

Issue 2: Was it negligent to delegate the duty of supervision of the children to a 13 year old? This could go either way, but they were in a hotel room, the parents were on the property, and it probably wasn’t foreseeable that the kids would take off. I say no. Thus no liability for the 13 year old’s parents.

Issue 3: Are the children liable for conversion of personal property? They will be held to the standard of an average age child of reasonable intelligence. Would such a child know not to take the candy? I think so.

Issue 4: Are the parents of the children that ate the chocolate liable for their actions? In Nevada they are for the “willful misconduct” of their children. I’m not going to research the case law, but this seems like such a situation.

Issue 5: Damages. Actual cost of candies eaten. Defendants entitled to an accounting in that regard.

The People’s Court is now adjourned.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: 5 minutes til Wapner

gimmick:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Issue 6: Are hotel guests responsible for the actions of the children of their visitors, when in common areas? Should Brianne be expected to pay for all of the damage, or only for the damage caused by her kid?

Silver
    Load Metric
    The appropriate consequence should be for the kids to have to each work 3 to 5 hours at the Resorts World, perhaps washing dishes or bussing tables or sweeping the floors and taking out the trash. Sort of like community service and teaching the kids a lesson.

Not the greatest PR for Resorts World to demand full repayment from the parents and community service seems like a good story and ending for all involved.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    The appropriate consequence should be for the kids to have to each work 3 to 5 hours at the Resorts World, perhaps washing dishes or bussing tables or sweeping the floors and taking out the trash. Sort of like community service and teaching the kids a lesson.

Not the greatest PR for Resorts World to demand full repayment from the parents and community service seems like a good story and ending for all involved.
    I was President and Judge Pro Tem of Teen Court in Kern County for 5 years. The jurors were other kids who were previous offenders. Working off the debt would be the most just result IMO.

Comments

ftpjesus:

tigerpiper: working off the debt how, you sicko, rep

Silver
    Load Metric

Forcing CHILDREN to do Community Service such as doing cleaning for Resorts World is charges and Lawsuits waiting to happen against Resorts World, Child Labor laws to be more exact, especially if the Children get hurt while doing the Community Service for Resorts World. Remember, all of the Children involved are under 13. Let's say the Children do have to do Community Service buy washing dishes. A dish is dropped by one of the Children and pieces fall into the Child's eyes. Ouch. Resorts World could be held liable for the accident and have charges and Lawsuits for that.

Comments

ftpjesus: So how should these children be held accountable Karen?? Give them a timeout with their blankie? Ohh I know take their cellphone away for a day. JFC. That’s why we have the issues with kids these days. No fucking accountability for their actions.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Nathan View Post

Forcing CHILDREN to do Community Service such as doing cleaning for Resorts World is charges and Lawsuits waiting to happen against Resorts World, Child Labor laws to be more exact, especially if the Children get hurt while doing the Community Service for Resorts World. Remember, all of the Children involved are under 13. Let's say the Children do have to do Community Service buy washing dishes. A dish is dropped by one of the Children and pieces fall into the Child's eyes. Ouch. Resorts World could be held liable for the accident and have charges and Lawsuits for that.
    I got something to drop in your eye

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Nathan View Post

Is anyone surprised you’re a fucking Karen?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    So theft, vandalism and trespassing.

But it's fine since they were all minors. Everything about this thread sounds so stupid i have no idea what really happened.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Hotel overcharging itself at banquet is very Vegas.

Load Metric
    You do realize that if this had occurred in California, you could just claim the hotel was being racist for asking you to pay for this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Brianne's daughter wrote an apology letter to Resorts World.

I don't think it's going to help much, but I think it was more of a lesson to the girl regarding taking responsibility for actions.

I'll post an update when this matter is finally settled. I believe Tommy wants to settle it, so he can return there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Issue 6: Are hotel guests responsible for the actions of the children of their visitors, when in common areas? Should Brianne be expected to pay for all of the damage, or only for the damage caused by her kid?
    Yes, because as the hotel’s contracted guest, Brianne accepted responsibility for the damages caused by HER visitors to the room, and leaving the children unsupervised to wreak havoc in the hotel is the responsibility of the party who paid for the room. But Brianne could then sue her adult friends of the minor who participated in the crime for her share of the damages.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Brianne's daughter wrote an apology letter to Resorts World.

I don't think it's going to help much, but I think it was more of a lesson to the girl regarding taking responsibility for actions.

I'll post an update when this matter is finally settled. I believe Tommy wants to settle it, so he can return there.

At least one of the kids took responsibility for this. Hopefully, the other kids will follow her good example and apologize too.

Thread Information