Thread: Bet365 San Antonio Spurs Free to Play

Load Metric

Bet365 San Antonio Spurs Free to Play

Remember Party Poker used to run ads for PartyPoker.net back in the day? There was some kind of tag line that it was NOT a gambling site.

Well, Texas has not legalized sports wagering yet but the Spurs are partnering with Bet365 on a “free play game”

Fans can make predictions for every Spurs regular-season game, earning credits for correct predictions. These credits will allow players opportunities to enter raffles for prizes including courtside seats, suite packages, autographed items and team jerseys.
    Free to play games are as if a tobacco company came to town and had a 'learn how to smoke' campaign for when cigarettes become legal

The following pegs my bullshit meter beyond Max
    Finding groundbreaking and exciting ways to engage with our fans has long been a priority for our organization,” said Frank Miceli, Chief Revenue Officer for SS&E. “Our partnership with Bet365 is part of our vision to provide innovative and memorable experiences for Spurs fans everywhere.”
    We are getting into some very weird territory with teams, gambling sites and official data providers.

Load Metric
    Our partnership with Bet365 is part of our vision to provide innovative and memorable experiences
    You know what will be a memorable experience? Going broke trying to beat the legalized wagering juice and taxes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Too many entities want a piece of the legalized gambling pie. That has led to the dreaded 15-cent lines in some (but not all) new markets.

If they are willing to be less risk averse than brick and mortar books typically are, they can somewhat make up for it by not attempting to force even action on both sides, but rather induce the ploppies into firing on the wrong side.

The sad truth is that the ploppies also don't care so much if the line is -115 rather than -110.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Too many entities want a piece of the legalized gambling pie. That has led to the dreaded 15-cent lines in some (but not all) new markets.

If they are willing to be less risk averse than brick and mortar books typically are, they can somewhat make up for it by not attempting to force even action on both sides, but rather induce the ploppies into firing on the wrong side.

The sad truth is that the ploppies also don't care so much if the line is -115 rather than -110.
    I have to say for legalized betting, PA has done well. The MLB games have been like -108/-103 money lines. The football is straight -110. I almost always have better liens than most who post here. That night the Dodgers had the walkoff in the play in, I had it at -107 when others had it -115.

Ohio is moving forward, and doing it through lottery commission. Have a feeling it will be a clown show. Hope I’m wrong as it’s a pain to jump in car to bet even when it’s only a minute done the street. Miss a lot of live betting lines which I have been doing well on if I feel like driving down the street to PA. I’m tempted right now as I expect Dodgers to close 5-2 deficit and can get them +2.5 +125, but I’m too lazy tonight. Maybe it will save me $ if they can’t get something going. Took Astros +6 -130 the other night as a hedge when they were down 9-3 for -125 as I had sox straight up. Was nice to scoop both.

Nice to not have to deal with the online books. Had a lot of bad experiences with them through the years back when. If I was betting heavily though, the tax implications would obviously be an issue.
    Last edited by BCR; 10-19-2021 at 04:23 PM.

Thread Information