Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PFA Radio listener Ari Engel big chip leader with 5 left in $10k O8 WSOP event (and Hellmuth is there, too)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

PFA Radio listener Ari Engel big chip leader with 5 left in $10k O8 WSOP event (and Hellmuth is there, too)

Here's the WSOP update page: https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/upd...tid=19736&rr=5

It's the final 5, and Ari has about 43% of the chips on the table, more than double of his closest competitor.

Phil Hellmuth is the only short stack of the bunch.

Ari is a great O8 player, a regular PFA listener, and a very nice guy.

Hope he gets this!

Comments

country978: nice!

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Wish him the best, a really nice guy, met him at a famous 4th July party bash by Lederer.....down to earth and genuine....
    Hope Ari gets the bracelet.....

Load Metric
    They are carrying FT live on poker go while I hate paying I just bought the 3mo for 29.99. I figure if they bad beat phil and he wines like a baby it’s worth 30 bucks
    -Allergic to the struggle

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hellmuth DD

Ari more than 60% of chips in play with 4 left.

I think he's got this one.

Load Metric
    TAKE IT DOWN!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Didn’t he advertise some poker training place back in the day.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Final 2 is tight $4.2 vs $3.9…Ari hanging on

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Phil another final table. How is this possible? All I hear about is how terrible he is at poker, especially games not NLH. He must to the luckiest guy in the world.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Phil another final table. How is this possible? All I hear about is how terrible he is at poker, especially games not NLH. He must to the luckiest guy in the world.
    Anyone who says he's terrible is stupid.

He has a very good feel for where he is in hands. He plays a style where he lets others hang themselves, and it works. The guy has major personality issues, but poker-wise he really does have tremendous talent -- a lot more than people give him credit for.

Comments

nightmarefish:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't know this opponent of Ari's heads up. Zachary Milchman. Never heard of him.

Anyway, the guy is really hanging tough. Ari had over 60% of chips on the table 4-handed, and then Milchman parlayed it into a 2-1 lead heads up. Now they're very close to even.

I really hope Ari pulls this off.

Something you may not know about Ari is that he's homeless. I'm not kidding you. But he's voluntarily homeless, and he doesn't sleep under bridges. He travels around the world playing poker, and staying in hotels. I could never do this, even if I were his age (mid-30s). Anyway, he seems to enjoy it.

Ari is a very mild-mannered, nice guy. He listens to every single PFA Radio episode, and when I see him, he makes a point to tell me that he really enjoys the show. I know he especially liked those Sherif segments (the Nigerian scammer). We need to bring those back.

Anyway, I really want him to win here.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's Zachary Milchman.

Load Metric
    Phil Hellmuth Jr. promoted UltimateBet.com for over a decade which scammed millions of dollars from it's players.

When Absolute Poker and UltimateBet got seized by the U.S. government they owned $50 million. I wonder how much the players got back.

Phil Hellmuth is running a con.
    He uses this con to fool people that having more bracelets means your better than everyone else. Do you think Phil Ivey or Doyle Brunson give a shit about WSOP bracelets?

Phil then tries to claim that because he has won 15 WSOP bracelets companies should pay him more money for endorsements.

If Aria gives Phil more than a free room for his endorsement, they paid too much.

It doesn't matter how many bracelets at the WSOP you win.

It only matters how much money you make.

Comments

1marley1: Wrong. On every point.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Phil Hellmuth Jr. promoted UltimateBet.com for over a decade which scammed millions of dollars from it's players.

When Absolute Poker and UltimateBet got seized by the U.S. government they owned $50 million. I wonder how much the players got back.

Phil Hellmuth is running a con.
    He uses this con to fool people that having more bracelets means your better than everyone else. Do you think Phil Ivey or Doyle Brunson give a shit about WSOP bracelets?

Phil then tries to claim that because he has won 15 WSOP bracelets companies should pay him more money for endorsements.

If Aria gives Phil more than a free room for his endorsement, they paid too much.

It doesn't matter how many bracelets at the WSOP you win.

It only matters how much money you make.

Quit derailing the reason for the thread.

LOOKS LIKE 7 MIL TO 1 MIL IN ARI'S FAVOR

TID

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Anyone who says he's terrible is stupid.

He has a very good feel for where he is in hands. He plays a style where he lets others hang themselves, and it works. The guy has major personality issues, but poker-wise he really does have tremendous talent -- a lot more than people give him credit for.
    Phil a beast in Tourny, eh eh in last time ,yrs ago CASH games///I got a 15$ tip for having the PLO pot correct when called out...
    I am a Man... I am the cloth Nicky Pipes and the other men are cut the cloth from.. .. We Live Good, We die Well, We are our own Bosses.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't know this opponent of Ari's heads up. Zachary Milchman. Never heard of him.

Anyway, the guy is really hanging tough. Ari had over 60% of chips on the table 4-handed, and then Milchman parlayed it into a 2-1 lead heads up. Now they're very close to even.

I really hope Ari pulls this off.

Something you may not know about Ari is that he's homeless. I'm not kidding you. But he's voluntarily homeless, and he doesn't sleep under bridges. He travels around the world playing poker, and staying in hotels. I could never do this, even if I were his age (mid-30s). Anyway, he seems to enjoy it.

Ari is a very mild-mannered, nice guy. He listens to every single PFA Radio episode, and when I see him, he makes a point to tell me that he really enjoys the show. I know he especially liked those Sherif segments (the Nigerian scammer). We need to bring those back.

Anyway, I really want him to win here.
    Wow, really? That just seems insane to me. He must, if not in his own name, have a quasi-homebase to go back to when wanting to take a break? Friends/family house or something? I'd have to imagine that somewhere there is at least a room containing some personal stuff where he spends at least like 50 days a year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He did it. Heads up match was something like 6 hours, but he finally did it a few minutes ago.

Great job Ari!

Comments

gimmick:

Load Metric
    If you would like to get a WSOP bracelet without playing in poker tournaments try the nearest pawn shop in Las Vegas.

Load Metric
    Congrats Ari!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    If you would like to get a WSOP bracelet without playing in poker tournaments try the nearest pawn shop in Las Vegas.

Music putting me on tilt.

Load Metric
    Congratulations radio faggot, now get a career and an apartment before its too late and you're grinding keno in a power chair at the Orleans.

Contact Druff for some wicked investment opportunities with some of that money.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information