Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nicky Pipes Guarantee Tampa Bay Rays World Series Champs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    I think he’s a great manager but I did not agree with the pitching decisions Kevin Cash made. Some real head scratchers. Few games like that last postseason. I agree very bad loss, have to take advantage of that massive and emotional first inning. Could have been the type of magic to propel them to World Series. Still like their chances but right now
    things set up a bit better for Sox
    tampa only needs 1 in boston to be playing with lcs on the line at home. they're not out by a long shot. These next 2 at fenway are going to be fun. Are fenway and wrigley the last 2 really old parks?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    What this ownership group is doing to my beloved Red Sox is a travesty.
    Daly’s reaction was typical. He didn’t know about Chiam Bloom.

I don’t think anyone questions that Tampa Bay is ground zero for all baseball genius. The Dodgers years of failure sorta ended after the McCourt/Ned Colletti regime transitioned to Andrew Friedman (Tampa Bay). I’m not tagging Friedman as genius but he benefitted from Tampa on his resume. Zaidi was the genius (another story).

One thing I find absolutely fascinating is that we have heard ABSOLUTELY ZIP from owner John Henry. Not a breath. Not during the run. The unexpected playoffs. The wildcard win. This is historic silence.

John Henry will buy proven front office talent. Theo Epstein, Dombrowski, Chiam Bloom. Tampa spots the talent at birth.

I’m all in Tampa but the Sawks schedule for success may happen quicker than I thought. Ouch, this playoffs and my bets.

Load Metric
    Tampa Bay Rays/Boston Red Sox under 4½ -115 for 1st 5 Inning

Rasmussen & Eovoldi.

I may be spinning as my stress level rises but I think this is smart…. even in the face of these two offensive juggernauts.

Avoid the under would be your take-away, I suppose.

Signed,
    Mush

Comments

Pablo: 3 in the first

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Tampa Bay Rays/Boston Red Sox under 4½ -115 for 1st 5 Inning

Rasmussen & Eovoldi.

I may be spinning as my stress level rises but I think this is smart…. even in the face of these two offensive juggernauts.

Avoid the under would be your take-away, I suppose.

Signed,
    Mush
    Fenway is a special place for sure. Hoping sanlmar will tell us what it was like to be there for this great game 3!

Load Metric
    I think he’s a great manager but I did not agree with the pitching decisions Kevin Cash made. Some real head scratchers. Few games like that last postseason. I agree very bad loss, have to take advantage of that massive and emotional first inning. Could have been the type of magic to propel them to World Series. Still like their chances but right now things set up a bit better for Sox

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    I think he’s a great manager but I did not agree with the pitching decisions Kevin Cash made. Some real head scratchers. Few games like that last postseason. I agree very bad loss, have to take advantage of that massive and emotional first inning. Could have been the type of magic to propel them to World Series. Still like their chances but right now things set up a bit better for Sox
    The sox are hot right now. It doesn't matter they only won 92 games they're putting it all together at the right time. That park is the best home field advantage in baseball.

Load Metric
    Tampa CHOKED end of story.. 2 Straight walk off losses and their manager should be fired he makes Dave Roberts with the Dodgers look comptent this time around.. Horrible Pitching decisions among alot of other shit.. Could give a shit less about the American League Cheating Series likely to be Houston against Boston.. Hell Im probably done with baseball till 2022 Spring.. I cant stand LA or SF and its a lock whoever wins this NLDS is going to the World Series so my give a shit is done..

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Pipes I would like to extend an invitation to you to suck it.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Rubbing it in, but funny
    #ToddsPlan

Load Metric
    Please keep posting your guaranteed winners, so I can bet the other side.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Please keep posting your guaranteed winners, so I can bet the other side.
    Hoping he predicts Trump in a landslide in ‘24.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Tough loss brothers. I am beginning to think betting on one team no matter what and no matter the circumstances may not be the best strategy. What’s your opinion?

The Rays blew a golden opportunity. It’s hard to imagine after game 1 and the first inning of game 2 that the Rays would lose 3 straight and get eliminated. That’s why they play the game.

My deeply hidden concern about the Rays came to light: starting pitching

The starters did quite well in the regular season but a “patch work” rotation, even when it’s filled with all pretty solid guys, just doesn’t work in the post season. Last years rotation was much better suited for post season series. Not having ace Glasnow hurts a lot in short series

You really need a top level ace to win the work series, most champs have 2 or 3

Even if Rays made game 5, would have been tough shape with pitching

The Red Sox are a great team and the crowd really impacted games. Can’t remember a crowd like that anytime recently maybe I am “Covid bias” bc recent seasons no crowds

Sox offense is dangerous, Kike is a really clutch guy, many big hits in his career. JD Martinez is an legend

I hope Sox beat Astros. Not sure who will win

AL East is stacked for years to come. Hope Rays keep their young core for a few more runs, the team has heart and a lot of talent. Seemed almost weirdly outmatched but Boston and still fought back again and again. Was fun to watch. Dramatic. Blue Jays we’re 4th in the east. If they made playoffs they would have had a legit World Series shot

Baseball is so much fun because it’s on every day for half a year. It’s a grind

The Tampa Bay Rays are the only team I feel any emotion when watching, it makes me feel like a kid

Otherwise as Uncle Joey Diaz says “I LIKE WHO COVERS THE SPREAD!!!!!”

Gold
    Load Metric
    Tough loss brothers. I am beginning to think betting on one team no matter what and no matter the circumstances may not be the best strategy. What’s your opinion?

The Rays blew a golden opportunity. It’s hard to imagine after game 1 and the first inning of game 2 that the Rays would lose 3 straight and get eliminated. That’s why they play the game.

My deeply hidden concern about the Rays came to light: starting pitching

The starters did quite well in the regular season but a “patch work” rotation, even when it’s filled with all pretty solid guys, just doesn’t work in the post season. Last years rotation was much better suited for post season series. Not having ace Glasnow hurts a lot in short series

You really need a top level ace to win the work series, most champs have 2 or 3

Even if Rays made game 5, would have been tough shape with pitching

The Red Sox are a great team and the crowd really impacted games. Can’t remember a crowd like that anytime recently maybe I am “Covid bias” bc recent seasons no crowds

Sox offense is dangerous, Kike is a really clutch guy, many big hits in his career. JD Martinez is an legend

I hope Sox beat Astros. Not sure who will win

AL East is stacked for years to come. Hope Rays keep their young core for a few more runs, the team has heart and a lot of talent. Seemed almost weirdly outmatched but Boston and still fought back again and again. Was fun to watch. Dramatic. Blue Jays we’re 4th in the east. If they made playoffs they would have had a legit World Series shot

Baseball is so much fun because it’s on every day for half a year. It’s a grind

The Tampa Bay Rays are the only team I feel any emotion when watching, it makes me feel like a kid

Otherwise as Uncle Joey Diaz says “I LIKE WHO COVERS THE SPREAD!!!!!”
    I like how you said you feel emotion when watching the Rays. They're gonna be good for years to come. I respect your boldness in making the prediction. I thought it was sad in Tampa to see the trop not full. Wander is a star.

Thread Information