Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urban Meyer

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    His team is a disaster and the laughing stock of the NFL, while his kid is spending his money left and right playing fantasy wrestling booker.
    The wrestling company makes money for the family already, it doesn't lose money.
    And you read that where? I didn’t know it was a public company that releases quarterly financial reports. If so, I stand corrected.

Otherwise it’s as legit as what I read on the internet he made his boyfriend champion.

Load Metric
    The wrestling company makes money for the family already, it doesn't lose money.
    And you read that where? I didn’t know it was a public company that releases quarterly financial reports. If so, I stand corrected.

Otherwise it’s as legit as what I read on the internet he made his boyfriend champion.
    Considering it IS public that they get ~$45 mil a year for tv, they'll do half a million ppv+ buys a year, they have foreign TV deals, they sell tons of merch, etc, you can believe either the credible sources that present solid evidence & analysis of their finances, or you can read about TK's bf being champ. Up to you, guy.

Load Metric
    If only you guys knew the real reason he resigned form being head coach at University of Florida, and it wasn't his health.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    If only you guys knew the real reason he resigned form being head coach at University of Florida, and it wasn't his health.
    So enlighten us.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    So enlighten us.

His wife made him quit over something minor like getting a co-ed pregnant.

Load Metric

Considering it IS public that they get ~$45 mil a year for tv, they'll do half a million ppv+ buys a year, they have foreign TV deals, they sell tons of merch, etc, you can believe either the credible sources that present solid evidence & analysis of their finances, or you can read about TK's bf being champ. Up to you, guy.
    Story from June where they would be profitable except for an investment in video game development.

https://wrestlenomics.com/2021/06/22...tiable-is-aew/

So it’s possible they are profitable but if do, it’s not a huge number. The point goes back to is this a worthwhile “investment” or is it a hobby for the kid?

Not sure what you consider “credible” sources, but the guy that says he is fucking Omega is about as reliable as Meltzer or any other wrestling “insider”.

Either way, doesn’t take away from the original story that Pops seemed to have made a bad decision in hiring Urban. A coach who no one else considered and one has to ask if it was made thinking Meyer would sell tickets to a team struggling to sell them with his Florida connections? Which is just another bad decision in his 10 years of ownership of the Jags. Either way he tripled in investment just in net worth of the team.

Which is what made me bring up the kid, maybe he will make money too with his plaything. By plaything I mean the wrestling promotion, not the champ.

Load Metric

Story from June where they would be profitable except for an investment in video game development.

https://wrestlenomics.com/2021/06/22...tiable-is-aew/

So it’s possible they are profitable but if do, it’s not a huge number. The point goes back to is this a worthwhile “investment” or is it a hobby for the kid?

Not sure what you consider “credible” sources, but the guy that says he is fucking Omega is about as reliable as Meltzer or any other wrestling “insider”.

Either way, doesn’t take away from the original story that Pops seemed to have made a bad decision in hiring Urban. A coach who no one else consideredand one has to ask if it was made thinking Meyer would sell tickets to a team struggling to sell them with his Florida connections? Which is just another bad decision in his 10 years of ownership of the Jags. Either way he tripled in investment just in net worth of the team.

Which is what made me bring up the kid, maybe he will make money too with his plaything. By plaything I mean the wrestling promotion, not the champ.
    Urban was constantly pursued by NFL teams. Considering his style isn’t particularly conducive to the NFL and he won because he was an excellent recruiter, it was always a bit befuddling to me, but he could have had ten jobs through the years. You don’t just become the second highest paid coach in the league, only $500k behind BB, because you don’t have leverage and a ton of options.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

So enlighten us.

His wife made him quit over something minor like getting a co-ed pregnant.
    Some people will complain over any little thing.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Thread Information