Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL*** NBA 2021-22 thread

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    i went through alot of avatars at borispoker.com. where is my "PFA futures GOD" one imo

Bet $ 120.00 to win $ 10,800.00Result: Pending
    NBA Finals Possible Matchups
    76ers vs Warriors06/19/22 20:00 EDT+9000

Bet $ 100.00 to win $ 14,000.00Result: Pending
    76ers vs Suns06/19/22 20:00 EDT+14000
    76ers just lost by 50 points at home to the Celtics. I would hold off a little longer before planning on how you are going to spend the money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Will there ever be a season where the Knicks aren't a joke and a disappointment?

They just blew a 28-point lead against the Nets playing scrubs, and this is the 3rd 20+ point lead they've blown in the past 11 games. They also lost to to OKC before this game.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-brooklyn-nets

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Will there ever be a season where the Knicks aren't a joke and a disappointment?

They just blew a 28-point lead against the Nets playing scrubs, and this is the 3rd 20+ point lead they've blown in the past 11 games. They also lost to to OKC before this game.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-brooklyn-nets
    I had Nets +4.5. Never in doubt.

Also, FWIW Nets were playing their full team minus Kyrie, KD and Simmons so not sure the "scrubs" characterization is very accurate. It will be interesting to see how they integrate Simmons, because since the trade Nets seem to have found something that works splitting time between Drummond/Aldridge as their inside big men, but Simmons also plays inside, so hard to see how he can be on the court with either of them.

Load Metric
    Shortly after stripping it down, the Blazers have ripped off four in a row, taking down the Lakers and Knicks at home, and Bucks (no Giannis, but still) and Grizz on the road.

They play super fast and aggressive all of a sudden and Anfernee Simons is living up to the promise that the front office and teammates have been saying is there for like three years now. I was out on him and appear to have been wrong.

They won't keep winning at this clip but so good to have a fun team back in town.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Shortly after stripping it down, the Blazers have ripped off four in a row, taking down the Lakers and Knicks at home, and Bucks (no Giannis, but still) and Grizz on the road.

They play super fast and aggressive all of a sudden and Anfernee Simons is living up to the promise that the front office and teammates have been saying is there for like three years now. I was out on him and appear to have been wrong.

They won't keep winning at this clip but so good to have a fun team back in town.
    Yeah I'm surprised as well. Thing is, while his game is slightly different than CJ's, they are not that different. Individual defensive ratings are not exactly a science, but i think he rated last in the entire NBA in some major metric last year. Not great.

It feels like the only logical thing to do is trade Dame in the offseason. Build around Simons now. Simply replacing CJ with Simons is just rearranging the deck chairs...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Yeah I'm surprised as well. Thing is, while his game is slightly different than CJ's, they are not that different. Individual defensive ratings are not exactly a science, but i think he rated last in the entire NBA in some major metric last year. Not great.

It feels like the only logical thing to do is trade Dame in the offseason. Build around Simons now. Simply replacing CJ with Simons is just rearranging the deck chairs...

Haralabob is high on him.

CJ is an absolute sieve on defense; Simons isn't good yet on D but think he still has space for improvement just based on his jumps in explosiveness and athleticism.

I'm almost there in thinking that now is the time to move Dame, but he's coming off a surgery and was looking crummy this year. Probably worth it to see what things look like with emerging stud Simons and let Dame recoup some of his value. But if a team like the Knicks comes in heavy with an offer of young talent and picks I would consider it. All signs so far point to rebuilding through Dame though.

Nassir Little is also out, and will fit in perfectly with this style of play once back.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    i went through alot of avatars at borispoker.com. where is my "PFA futures GOD" one imo

Bet $ 120.00 to win $ 10,800.00Result: Pending
    76ers vs Warriors06/19/22 20:00 EDT+9000

Bet $ 100.00 to win $ 14,000.00Result: Pending
    76ers vs Suns06/19/22 20:00 EDT+14000
    76ers just lost by 50 points at home to the Celtics. I would hold off a little longer before planning on how you are going to spend the money.

howd they look 2nite on the road vs the defending champs you faggot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Load Metric
    Embiid is so fucking good this year; if like me you got sick of the Sixers being meh its time to tune in.

The rare time when a guy with his injury history and size has been able to fade the odds of additional devastating injuries, all the while exceeding all expectations.

Really hope the addition of James Harden doesn't fuck it up.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Embiid is so fucking good this year; if like me you got sick of the Sixers being meh its time to tune in.

The rare time when a guy with his injury history and size has been able to fade the odds of additional devastating injuries, all the while exceeding all expectations.

I watched the game. Great win, but it struck me how thin both teams were (Bucks a lot of it is injuries). Even if everything breaks right and Embiid and Harden can play together and avoid injury (I am pessimistic they will both stay healthy through a playoff run) the 76ers are going to have to rely on good crunch time play from players like Korkmaz, Niang, and Millsap. I just don't see it. Can you really rely on Niang to go 5-10 from the 3 in a tight playoff game?

I think for Brooklyn, Milwaukee and Philly winning the buyout market to add depth is going to be important, and there aren't that many potential players and they aren't that good (Off the top of my head Eric Gordon, Dragic, Gary Harris).

Platinum
    Load Metric

I watched the game. Great win, but it struck me how thin both teams were (Bucks a lot of it is injuries). Even if everything breaks right and Embiid and Harden can play together and avoid injury (I am pessimistic they will both stay healthy through a playoff run) the 76ers are going to have to rely on good crunch time play from players like Korkmaz, Niang, and Millsap. I just don't see it. Can you really rely on Niang to go 5-10 from the 3 in a tight playoff game?

I think for Brooklyn, Milwaukee and Philly winning the buyout market to add depth is going to be important, and there aren't that many potential players and they aren't that good (Off the top of my head Eric Gordon, Dragic, Gary Harris).
    Boston just gave Philly a 50 point beat down. People better quit sleeping on the Celtics, they have two great players, good role players and they're one of the best defensive teams in the NBA.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Boston just gave Philly a 50 point beat down. People better quit sleeping on the Celtics, they have two great players, good role players and they're one of the best defensive teams in the NBA.
    Then they turn around and lose as 12 point favorites to the lowly Pistons. I’m sure folks got wrecked as they were lured into the Celtics trap.

The Celtics and Jason Tatum lack character.

Lotta crazy differentials in the league. Enormous leads given up too. It’s a cautionary tale but irresistible schadenfreude as you imagine the bankroll destruction

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Then they turn around and lose as 12 point favorites to the lowly Pistons. I’m sure folks got wrecked as they were lured into the Celtics trap.

The Celtics and Jason Tatum lack character.

Lotta crazy differentials in the league. Enormous leads given up too. It’s a cautionary tale but irresistible schadenfreude as you imagine the bankroll destruction
    On one of the Ringer pods they talked about the Celtics recent success (they talk about the Celtics a lot, believe it or not). Basically, the analytics and W/L record indicate the Celtics are a very good team when they are basically playing a 6 man rotation (Tatum, Brown, Smart, Horford, R Williams, G Williams) and anytime they play other players the team EV craters dramatically. In theory, White (and to a much lesser extent Theis) will add much needed depth of +EV players.

At the beginning of the season they were experimenting with a lot of rotations and the team was very mediocre. Recently they have just been playing all their starters 40 min/game and have had much better results. In the Detroit game 2 of those players (Smart, R Williams) were out, and they lost the game. But yeah, as much promise as the Celtics recent play indicate, the fact they are so reliant on such a short rotation, and one of the players (Smart) gets hurt a lot and is in and out of the lineup, could limit their success.

Comments

Sanlmar: Knowledge … I’ll watch out for this

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Ya they lost to the Pistons but they had won 9 in a row. Short rotation isn’t really an issue as long as those 6 players are healthy. Playoff time teams shorten their rotations anyway.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    As bad and pointless as the All Star Game is, it's even less interesting now that it's not East vs West.

If I want to see teams picked by two captains, I'll go to Ben's school and watch them play kickball during PE.

This random assortment of players gives you absolutely nothing to root for. Add the complete lack of defense, and the game is a snoozefest.

Load Metric
    If anyone else DVRed the dunk contest like me do yourself a favor and do literally anything else with your time.

Load Metric
    If anyone else DVRed the dunk contest like me do yourself a favor and do literally anything else with your time.
    I don’t think I’ve watched one in twenty years and I like the other events enough to bet on them. It’s just a pointless event. Some choreographed dunk was already boring the second year they had the contest. I can’t recall a single great moment from the dunk contest. People would point to Dwight in a cape or times they jump over a teammate, but even those are lame to me and always have been.

I remember Starks dunking on the Bulls in ‘93 like it was yesterday. Okoro had one earlier this year where he split three defenders that made me immediately stand up. A great dunk that occurs in the flow of the game is just infinitely better than anything choreographed could ever be. I already know these guys are absolute freaks. Doing it in the flow is just so much more impressive.

It also doesn’t help that the great leapers rarely compete. It’s just been lame since the start imo, and one of the worst events in sports. The homerun contest is kind of lame also in comparison to an exciting walk off homer in a real game with all the tension, but at least the great sluggers generally compete. And batting practice is fun to watch the guys with real power.

The NBA dunk contest is like having a contest among utility infielders who hit 11 HR’s during a career year. I’m shocked they even bother. It jumped the shark after one season imo.

Comments

Sanlmar: Utility infielders chuckle. Well done

Gold
    Load Metric
    Down by 1 out of a timeout for potential last shot of the game against the Clippers, and the best play the Lakers can come up with is a Melo contested 30 footer. Are you fucking kidding me?

I don't know what Lebron (Vogel?) was thinking, but Melo cant do anything being passed the ball when he is 30 feet away from the basket, and he is too selfish to realize this and quickly pass it back. Should have been Monk or even Russ in that spot. They can at least penetrate and create something. Preferably Monk because he has better decision making and less likely to miss free throws.

That final play was atrocious.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Down by 1 out of a timeout for potential last shot of the game against the Clippers, and the best play the Lakers can come up with is a Melo contested 30 footer. Are you fucking kidding me?

I don't know what Lebron (Vogel?) was thinking, but Melo cant do anything being passed the ball when he is 30 feet away from the basket, and he is too selfish to realize this and quickly pass it back. Should have been Monk or even Russ in that spot. They can at least penetrate and create something. Preferably Monk because he has better decision making and less likely to miss free throws.

That final play was atrocious.
    No clue what Vogel is doing. Every game he runs Lebron iso ball at the end and Lebron ends up jacking up a 3, it's so painful to watch. When Vogel was out with covid, the interim coach was running Lebron/Russ pick in roll in those spots with huge success. I actually like Russ setting the pick and rolling to the basket, creates all sorts of problems for the defense. It's beyond me how Vogel hasn't been fired yet. Of course it's a huge blow that street clothes Davis can't stay on the floor but Vogel can't figure out how to get the most out of the players he has.

Load Metric
    LeBron got a piece of Fenway Sports Group a while ago in an affront to the Boston LA rivalry. LeBron really represents no team so we learned to get past this.

Fenway Sports Group - Sawks, Liverpool, Pittsburg Penguins

John Henry apparently is eyeing putting an NBA team in Vegas. LeBum will follow and no doubt will also serve as General Manager fresh off his success in that role in LA.

Name:  2EB0AC90-A0C8-440E-B00B-D200DFEB326A.jpeg
Views: 131
Size:  217.8 KB

Comments

herbertstemple: Dude is looking old.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-01-2022 at 10:55 AM.

Load Metric
    Westbrook is crying because fans (home + away) are taunting him calling him "Westbrick"

Thread Information