Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL*** NBA 2021-22 thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Right after I make this post, the score is 107-84.

Lakers then reel off a 15-0 run, and now it's an 8-point game. You're welcome, Lebron.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    115-115 with 0:45 in game

Amazing

Gold
    Load Metric
    I took Lakers -2. Sigh.

Just not meant to be. Mills played pretty much the best game of his life. Went 11-17 from the field and 8-13 from 3 with a lot of big, clutch shots. Just too much.

Load Metric
    Man the Lakers are completely and totally fucked.

Never good when a player has his fingers on front office decisions. The mid-2010's Cavs were super lucky to grab one title from the Warriors after a series of win-now trades that mostly failed; Lebron was still at or near his peak and Draymond got suspended, otherwise they win none.

Unclear if he pushed for the Westbrook trade but definitely signed off on it.

The line for Finals appearances when they signed AD was probably 1.5. Still wouldn't want to play them in round one if AD is healthy but probably wouldn't matter.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Never good when a player has his fingers on front office decisions. The mid-2010's Cavs were super lucky to grab one title from the Warriors after a series of win-now trades that mostly failed; Lebron was still at or near his peak and Draymond got suspended, otherwise they win none.

The line for Finals appearances when they signed AD was probably 1.5. Still wouldn't want to play them in round one if AD is healthy but probably wouldn't matter.
    The best part is (lets forget finances/salaries in this scenario) if they called the Bulls right now and offered Russ 1-for-1 for Caruso, Bulls would hang up the phone laughing. Caruso, where if the Lakers had just bumped their offer up by a couple million to match Chicago's offer, would have happily resigned in LA.
    Last edited by gut; 12-27-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Pretty clear that LeBron (and probably passive AD) pushed for the trade.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...s-lakers-trade

Load Metric
    It will be interesting how history judges Westbrook vs CP3, especially if neither wins a title.

Kids in the future might just look at stats and assume Russ was the better player, while anyone who has watched this era knows CP3 is much better.

Literally opposite players. CP3 makes everyone better, and his teams constantly do better than they should. Russ is basically a negative player, best meant for getting empty stats on bad teams. The Marbury of this generation, basically.

Best part was them getting traded for each other!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    It will be interesting how history judges Westbrook vs CP3, especially if neither wins a title.

Kids in the future might just look at stats and assume Russ was the better player, while anyone who has watched this era knows CP3 is much better.

Literally opposite players. CP3 makes everyone better, and his teams constantly do better than they should. Russ is basically a negative player, best meant for getting empty stats on bad teams. The Marbury of this generation, basically.

Nobody and I mean nobody except ESPN and other mouth breathers compare stats across eras. The game is enormously different.

The kids in the future will already be adjusting for the absence of the 4 point line in 2021

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Nobody and I mean nobody except ESPN and other mouth breathers compare stats across eras. The game is enormously different.

The kids in the future will already be adjusting for the absence of the 4 point line in 2021
    Didn’t care enough about basketball to actually read the post.

My bad - disregard

Load Metric
    Devastating night for the Cavs. Blow a big lead and looks like Rubio tore his ACL at tail end of near triple double game. Too many minutes down Garland. They are going to need to make a move in the worst way. They were already short at guard with Sexton out. Don’t have the assets, nor really want Simmons. Not a fit with no shooters. Be elite defense, but need to win 90-82 most nights. Expect they’ll chase a Caris Levert type. Serious downgrade of expectations if Rubio looks as bad as it appeared.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Devastating night for the Cavs. Blow a big lead and looks like Rubio tore his ACL at tail end of near triple double game. Too many minutes down Garland. They are going to need to make a move in the worst way. They were already short at guard with Sexton out. Don’t have the assets, nor really want Simmons. Not a fit with no shooters. Be elite defense, but need to win 90-82 most nights. Expect they’ll chase a Caris Levert type. Serious downgrade of expectations if Rubio looks as bad as it appeared.
    All injuries suck but losing a guy like that on a fun up and coming team is brutal.

Hopefully they keep their eye on the future and don't ship assets for a replacement.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The ESPN curse.

They just wrote a glowing article about the 21-22 Cavs, and then this happens.

Load Metric
    To say Lauri Mark and Kevin Pangos suck is being gentle. Pangos is supposed to suck. He’s paid like a guy who sucks and is appropriately end of the bench. He doesn’t belong on any bench outside a Y, but whatever. Lauri I want to bludgeon.

He can’t hit a shot to save his life. It’s like he has the yips. For as impressive as he’s improved his physique, he’s still a giant pussy inside. I’ve got to rid myself of this Cavs free $ addiction. I had a somewhat large bet on Georgia and a decently large parlay on the ML GA/Cavs. Atlanta had 26 guys on roster because of Covid, Allen was back, we had a 16 point lead, and got single handedly beat by Trae and it turned a huge night into lunch money night.
    I was sitting back thinking what a genius I was, Cavs cruising, Georgia manhandling Michigan, Reddish even got hurt, and then I started seething watching JBB trot out Pangos and Mark lineup that blew the 16 point lead when some kid who just got off the plane looked better than Pangos could ever be on offense and literally no one could stay in front of Trae. That Rubio injury with Garland being in protocol has produced the most AIDS PG situation I’ve ever seen. This Pangos doesn’t belong in the G League let alone the NBA. I’m still pissed this morning.

LM is one of the most irritating guys I can remember. Fucking clown shoes.

Comments

gut: lmao clown shoes

Load Metric
    To say Lauri Mark and Kevin Pangos suck is being gentle. Pangos is supposed to suck. He’s paid like a guy who sucks and is appropriately end of the bench. He doesn’t belong on any bench outside a Y, but whatever. Lauri I want to bludgeon.

He can’t hit a shot to save his life. It’s like he has the yips. For as impressive as he’s improved his physique, he’s still a giant pussy inside. I’ve got to rid myself of this Cavs free $ addiction. I had a somewhat large bet on Georgia and a decently large parlay on the ML GA/Cavs. Atlanta had 26 guys on roster because of Covid, Allen was back, we had a 16 point lead, and got single handedly beat by Trae and it turned a huge night into lunch money night.
    I was sitting back thinking what a genius I was, Cavs cruising, Georgia manhandling Michigan, Reddish even got hurt, and then I started seething watching JBB trot out Pangos and Mark lineup that blew the 16 point lead when some kid who just got off the plane looked better than Pangos could ever be on offense and literally no one could stay in front of Trae. That Rubio injury with Garland being in protocol has produced the most AIDS PG situation I’ve ever seen. This Pangos doesn’t belong in the G League let alone the NBA. I’m still pissed this morning.

Don't fret, Rondo is on the way.

Who would have thought at this point of the season the Lakers are selling off vets to a real contender....like the Cavs????

Load Metric

Who would have thought at this point of the season the Lakers are selling off vets to a real contender....like the Cavs????
    Rondo likely didn't get along with someone. Maybe practicing against Russ didn't work?

Also opens up a roster spot for the Lakers. Maybe they are going to talk someone out of retirement or grab someone who is bought out?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Rondo likely didn't get along with someone. Maybe practicing against Russ didn't work?

Also opens up a roster spot for the Lakers. Maybe they are going to talk someone out of retirement or grab someone who is bought out?
    He got along fine with everyone but he’s washed so he was out of the rotation. Just like the Clippers wouldn’t play him last year so he got traded to Atlanta who also wouldn’t play him.

You’re right that they made the move to open up a roster spot which is going to Stanley Johnson.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

He got along fine with everyone but he’s washed so he was out of the rotation. Just like the Clippers wouldn’t play him last year so he got traded to Atlanta who also wouldn’t play him.

You’re right that they made the move to open up a roster spot which is going to Stanley Johnson.
    Yeah. Looks like Stanley Johnson is going to be a starter until Davis comes back, and be a rotation player after. Basically taking the Kyle Kuzma role. And it looks like Monk is taking over the KCP role, and Austin Reeves (and maybe Nunn at some point) the Caruso role. All clear downgrades, but that is a given when you get Westbrook and lose all your cap space.

The problem of course is Westbrook (especially his decision making and shooting in the 4th) and the elephant in the room no one is talking about yet (Davis seems to be breaking down and doesn't seem to be the player he was even a couple years ago). And this is all taking for granted that Lebron will continue to play at the same extremely high level all year at age 37 without wearing down or getting injured.

Gold
    Load Metric
    This is elaborating on something Draymond Green said, but I cant help but notice the 2 teams leading in the East (Chicago, Brooklyn) have had a bunch of games cancelled due to Covid, and other teams have had to play a bunch of games with G League lineups. It definitely seems against the spirit of fairness that some teams are getting rewarded for not bringing up their G League guys in a timely manner, and others are punished for doing so.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Yeah. Looks like Stanley Johnson is going to be a starter until Davis comes back, and be a rotation player after. Basically taking the Kyle Kuzma role. And it looks like Monk is taking over the KCP role, and Austin Reeves (and maybe Nunn at some point) the Caruso role. All clear downgrades, but that is a given when you get Westbrook and lose all your cap space.

The problem of course is Westbrook (especially his decision making and shooting in the 4th) and the elephant in the room no one is talking about yet (Davis seems to be breaking down and doesn't seem to be the player he was even a couple years ago). And this is all taking for granted that Lebron will continue to play at the same extremely high level all year at age 37 without wearing down or getting injured.
    Not sure the problem is Westbrook, he’s played exactly how he was supposed to play, FG and 3P percentages are slightly higher than career averages actually.

Here’s the Lakers year:

They get off to a slow start mainly because Lebron missed 12 games.

Lebron comes back and they start playing a little better and figuring things out. Overall record goes to 16-13, not great but after the slow start it’s good enough for 4th in the west.

Then AD gets hurt and 6 players and their coach go out with Covid. Lakers go 1-5 in this stretch and every analyst in the world loses their mind, mostly blaming Russ for the losing, ignoring that the Lakers are playing with several bums literally off the street.

Last night, they get their coach back and many of their important role players and all of a sudden play better. Shocking turn of events.

AD Lebron and Russ have played like 10 games together all season.

Load Metric
    How is the quality of play right now?

Haven't seen a game since Christmas.

Thread Information