Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL*** NBA 2021-22 thread

Load Metric
    BTW Steph Curry is god and better than ever.

So strong now and was doing shit around the rim last night that reminded me of peak Derrick Rose. Have watched significantly less of them post Durant but no more, that team is fun as hell.

Seth playing his best as well. Poor Dell got cucked badly but at least now gets to call games for a really fun Hornets team.

Comments

BCR: He’s as good as he’s ever been right now.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Evan Mobley was unreal last night. Played center most of the fourth with Allen off the court and surrounded by second unit guys and staged a comeback. His offensive game opens up so much more with the space when Allen is off the floor. When he just has to defend the rim and not contest every open three, he’s already dominating.

I’m out of superlatives with this kid. There is KG shit there, and Duncan shit, but he’s a better shooter already from 3. He’s at KG’s shooting in second or third year in mid range. Duncan was four year college guy with an NBA body. I really don’t know what I can comp him to without combining a bunch of all timers best attributes, and it’s too early for that.

Load Metric
    Woulda been the best Sunday ever if that douche LeBron had gotten decked by Isaiah Stewart.

Serves as a welcome reminder to fade the Lakers

Name:  0C735BDC-42CB-4AF3-A401-720B1A245EA7.jpeg
Views: 187
Size:  41.2 KB
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-21-2021 at 05:21 PM.

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Sanlmar;1015091]Woulda been the best Sunday ever if that douche LeBron had gotten decked by Isaiah Stewart.

Serves as a welcome reminder to fade the Lakers

Wild, I had it on but muted in favor of music, look up and looks like Stewart has one eye and I'm watching Malice.in the Palace part II.

BTW that was dirty as fuck by LeBron. Probably just a game due to it being him. LOL if the guy who got tagged gets more.

Still ongoing, think Lakers pull it out but they are legit not good. Hard to imagine it coming together. Not sure if Anthony Davis' talent has masked his apathy before but he seems to give no shits.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Still ongoing, think Lakers pull it out but they are legit not good. Hard to imagine it coming together. Not sure if Anthony Davis' talent has masked his apathy before but he seems to give no shits.
    Anthony Davis doesn’t seem like an idiot. That’s interesting. LeBron must have poisoned the locker room.

The Lakers are THE WORST ATS in the NBA. People just love LeBron and all that nonsense and hype at that surrounds the Staples Center.

They didn’t cover again. I may have lost live but if you just randomly fire on Lakers opponents you can’t help having a few extra dollars.

Load Metric
    Say goodbye to the Blazers as presently constituted.

While it's good that Olshey is finally gone, his shitry roster remains.

Two brutal home losses in a row with some of the most apathetic basketball I've ever seen, especially from CJ and Nurk. Good chance getting value trading those bums. CJ has exhausted all good will with the fan base and Nurkic is openly petulant every night. Roster is broken.

The only +EV move is to now trade Dame and rebuild. No other trades will meaningfully move the needle, and surely some good team wants to contend with no real frontrunner at this point.

Gold
    Load Metric

Two brutal home losses in a row with some of the most apathetic basketball I've ever seen, especially from CJ and Nurk. Good chance getting value trading those bums. CJ has exhausted all good will with the fan base and Nurkic is openly petulant every night. Roster is broken.

The only +EV move is to now trade Dame and rebuild. No other trades will meaningfully move the needle, and surely some good team wants to contend with no real frontrunner at this point.
    Dame for Simmons seems like the obvious trade. Simmons is young and has 4 years on his contract to build around him. But his attitude (both in general and his attitude towards being in Portland) is the big wildcard. I don't know what other contender that might be interested in adding a ball dominant point guard has any assets that Portland would even want.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

Dame for Simmons seems like the obvious trade. Simmons is young and has 4 years on his contract to build around him. But his attitude (both in general and his attitude towards being in Portland) is the big wildcard. I don't know what other contender that might be interested in adding a ball dominant point guard has any assets that Portland would even want.
    Lillard has loads more market value than Simmons, although I agree that actual value is somewhat closer.

Would be super wary of trading for Simmons at this point; not so after the playoffs last year, but after going on this long and now claiming lack of mental fitness...it's probably just a agent power play that doesn't seem to be working.

Philly would have to gut their team to get Lillard, but so it goes for just about every other team. Historically there's always teams that make these moves (see: Knicks, New York).

Blazers should trade Dame, but for what? No idea.

Comments

gut: Lmao "Knicks, New York"

Load Metric

Lillard has loads more market value than Simmons, although I agree that actual value is somewhat closer.

Would be super wary of trading for Simmons at this point; not so after the playoffs last year, but after going on this long and now claiming lack of mental fitness...it's probably just a agent power play that doesn't seem to be working.

Philly would have to gut their team to get Lillard, but so it goes for just about every other team. Historically there's always teams that make these moves (see: Knicks, New York).

Blazers should trade Dame, but for what? No idea.
    I'm now fully down with Dame for Simmons, Thybulle, picks. Fuck it

Gold
    Load Metric
    I could completely be wrong, but it seems Portland's local politics would make the city particularly unattractive right now. What young black (or even white really) multimillionaire wants to live in a majority white city that is more or less in permanent COVID lockdown and overrun with homeless drug addicts. The only thing it really seems it has going for it is that it is a quick private plane ride to the Bay Area or Los Angeles.

Load Metric
    I could completely be wrong, but it seems Portland's local politics would make the city particularly unattractive right now. What young black (or even white really) multimillionaire wants to live in a majority white city that is more or less in permanent COVID lockdown and overrun with homeless drug addicts. The only thing it really seems it has going for it is that it is a quick private plane ride to the Bay Area or Los Angeles.

This is true, and why free agency consists of overpaying guys like Evan Turner and Norm Powell. They've only really lost LaMarcus Aldridge recently in feee agency though.

Fortunately with trades they get no say.

Load Metric
    Depends on the person and their personality, but if you like the fame....probably no better NBA city to be in. Everyone here, if they see a 6'7" black dude walking around, they just assume he is on the Blazers....and a bunch of pasty blonde 6's wearing BLM masks will throw their pussy at them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Depends on the person and their personality, but if you like the fame....probably no better NBA city to be in. Everyone here, if they see a 6'7" black dude walking around, they just assume he is on the Blazers....and a bunch of pasty blonde 6's wearing BLM masks will throw their pussy at them.
    LOL no one wants to come to Portland, this is why they shell out bloated contracts to guys like Evan Turner and Norman Powell.

Neil Olshey took a ton of shit locally for this but he's right - most guys come here once per year and the weather is always shit. Pair that with even the nice areas being infested with homeless and downtown being a war zone.

They do well with retaining players, with LaMarcus Aldridge being the only real name to walk in free agency.

Load Metric

LOL no one wants to come to Portland, this is why they shell out bloated contracts to guys like Evan Turner and Norman Powell.

Neil Olshey took a ton of shit locally for this but he's right - most guys come here once per year and the weather is always shit. Pair that with even the nice areas being infested with homeless and downtown being a war zone.

They do well with retaining players, with LaMarcus Aldridge being the only real name to walk in free agency.
    True, I was referring to pre-pandemic/riots and such. I'm back working downtown again, like right on the borderline. If I walk north from my building, keep eyes on the ground to make sure you dont step on shit/needles/anything else fun....south is fine. PORTLAND!

LaMarcus was a weird case. He was emo, got mad that Dame took over as the big star, which I think LA felt that it shouldve been him after BRoy's knees went DD. IIRC, LA was also fucking the sideline reporter, and that went bad...something like that so he was ready to gtfo.

Load Metric

True, I was referring to pre-pandemic/riots and such. I'm back working downtown again, like right on the borderline. If I walk north from my building, keep eyes on the ground to make sure you dont step on shit/needles/anything else fun....south is fine. PORTLAND!

LaMarcus was a weird case. He was emo, got mad that Dame took over as the big star, which I think LA felt that it shouldve been him after BRoy's knees went DD. IIRC, LA was also fucking the sideline reporter, and that went bad...something like that so he was ready to gtfo.
    Downtown is abominable, am relocating next year or bust. Homeless camps spring up everywhere and I'm legit worried about my car being broken into during daylight hours (happened two years ago).

LaMarcus leaving was a huge reset where they shipped all other starters save for Dame. I was pissed to be finally moving to a good basketball city mid-blow up, but obv it worked out well and they've been mostly enjoyable since, with Lillard obv being awesome to watch.

Would honestly prefer watching a strategic teardown with energetic young players figuring things out versus this current debacle. The West has three teams above the rest; was kind of surprised to just look at standings and see that they're sort of clumped in with Dallas, Denver, LA teams.

Portland thinking they can make peripheral moves to compete would be a disaster. Even peak Lillard returning (fat chance) wouldn't be close to enough.

Load Metric
    There are no words for how much I enjoy this Cavs team. Have played just the most brutal schedule and now just blowing out any non-playoff team like real teams do. They are legit frightening for even the best teams.

I don’t think I’ve ever actually liked my players. Like Lsbron caught too much shit, as he wasn’t a criminal and was raised by a crackhead, but just a narcissist. He played as unselfish on the court as he was off the court.

But I didn’t love the guys. They were hard to cheer for occasionally. This team I like every kid. Mobley is so much like Duncan personality-wise in addition to similar young player. Allen just a great kid. Garland just having fun. Even Love isn’t being a bitch.

This must be like that stage when your kids are just fun and you hope it stays this way or that you can bottle it before they become teenagers. History tells me they’ll change, but I have real hope for a few of these kids.

They seem like legit good character guys and they’re really fucking good. Mobley being an actual LA kid scares me. I’m worried about six years from now already. I’d draft his brother and hire his dad off the USC staff next year.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    There are no words for how much I enjoy this Cavs team. Have played just the most brutal schedule and now just blowing out any non-playoff team like real teams do. They are legit frightening for even the best teams.

I don’t think I’ve ever actually liked my players. Like Lsbron caught too much shit, as he wasn’t a criminal and was raised by a crackhead, but just a narcissist. He played as unselfish on the court as he was off the court.

But I didn’t love the guys. They were hard to cheer for occasionally. This team I like every kid. Mobley is so much like Duncan personality-wise in addition to similar young player. Allen just a great kid. Garland just having fun. Even Love isn’t being a bitch.

This must be like that stage when your kids are just fun and you hope it stays this way or that you can bottle it before they become teenagers. History tells me they’ll change, but I have real hope for a few of these kids.

They seem like legit good character guys and they’re really fucking good. Mobley being an actual LA kid scares me. I’m worried about six years from now already. I’d draft his brother and hire his dad off the USC staff next year.
    Sexton being out is addition by subtraction. Bullet dodged by not paying him.

Huge disaster for Houston drafting Green over Mobley. They looked like the worst team since the Bobcats with him playing 30 minutes a game. Just ripped off 7 wins with him out and looking feisty before battling and losing to the Bucks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Sexton being out is addition by subtraction. Bullet dodged by not paying him.

Huge disaster for Houston drafting Green over Mobley. They looked like the worst team since the Bobcats with him playing 30 minutes a game. Just ripped off 7 wins with him out and looking feisty before battling and losing to the Bucks.

Yeah it was weird. The Haralabob podcast with Simmons dropped, and Bob was so complimentary of Silas, both as a human and basketball mind, I was thinking to myself you sure wouldn’t know it. They sucked. Green down and now they are in every game. Ran out of steam against Bucks, but still good outing. Green and Theis lineup were killing them. Sengun is interesting. He’d need 9 fouls to play 36 still.

Load Metric
    TNT recently blew him up but Luka being fat is unacceptable.

He's seemingly competitive, rich as fuck and Cuban could just have a private chef to make him exceptional healthy food, never go hungry and easily shed weight being a young NBA player.

That team is unwatchable. He gets gassed in the second half early and often.

I dabble in sports cards after being a collecting fiend as a kid, and have two highly graded Luka rookie cards I bought for $1,400 valued around $13k last I checked.

Stop eating like shit you fat fuck.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Geez, this is a Christmas beatdown.

Brooklyn in town to play the Lakers. Lebron and Westbrook playing, no AD. On the Nets side, they are missing Durant and Kyrie. Both sides missing a ton of role players.

Lakers just getting destroyed. Held close the first half, and then just a complete collpase in the 3rd and 4th. Right now it's 104-84.

Earlier today, Doug Polk was mocking the -2 line for the Lakers, and people were making fun of him because he erroneously thought Lebron is questionable. But that aside, he was right.

Lakers are a bad team, despite all the "name" players on the squad.

Thread Information