Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: ***OFFICIAL*** NBA 2021-22 thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Really looking forward to this Finals matchup. Really enjoyed the Heat-Celtics series. Throwback defense. Every possession mattered. I’m really curious to see how this Celtics defense holds up against Warriors. Like the value on Celtics. They feel too big for the Warriors.
    Really? A bunch of blowout games in which both teams clank a bunch of threes? IMO, that series was pretty much unwatchable. I like the Warriors in this series for one reason: Draymond Green. He’s one of the smartest players I’ve ever seen and does all the dirty work to get the job done.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Bingo, especially after Bucks-Celtics being awesome

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Really looking forward to this Finals matchup. Really enjoyed the Heat-Celtics series. Throwback defense. Every possession mattered. I’m really curious to see how this Celtics defense holds up against Warriors. Like the value on Celtics. They feel too big for the Warriors.
    Really? A bunch of blowout games in which both teams clank a bunch of threes? IMO, that series was pretty much unwatchable. I like the Warriors in this series for one reason: Draymond Green. He’s one of the smartest players I’ve ever seen and does all the dirty work to get the job done.
    Like I said, kind of a throwback series. Both teams took away everything easy because they’re well-coached, and every three was a guy who shouldn’t shoot them or is rushed worried about getting blocked. I just like when teams contest everything. Like when it’s chippy. Blowouts are the NBA in the era of 3, so I enjoy when that’s a bad shot.

I liked it was a battle of wills until one team just imposed it on the other. We will see. Obviously every western conference guy likes Warriors. That may happen, but I think it’s going to be rough. Everyone is banged up this time of year, so who is a little more banged up than the other will play out.

Klay has shown glimpses, but he still looks a year away or like it’s never coming back. He’s good, but not Klay. I don’t like Wiggins against Boston. They’ll make Steph work.

That’s why they play the games I guess.

Load Metric
    LOL I was right through 2.75 quarters, then I wasn't.

Don't remember a team in my life of NBA viewing that can have such highs and such lows. Al Horford is a G.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    If I was Boston, I’d sign Rubio for next year if he fully rehabs and play him 24-27 minutes come next years playoffs. I’ve heard he’d like to play somewhere warm, so idk if he’d sign, but he’d be perfect off the bench for them.

That team’s only issue is a lack of ball handlers at times. Brown is particularly bad. They were the best team once the calendar rolled over with Smart playing PG, and he’s just average as a a distributor.

They can get stops when they need them almost always. Their ups and downs come from the fact their ball movement gets bad.

The Cavs got stagnant often with a bunch of young bigs and Garland still a work in progress. Rubio would instantly get the ball moving and was part of every combination that had the best on/off numbers. He can play with other PG’s.

Throw Rubio in as a pinch hitter ball handler and Boston wouldn’t go through those long stretches of getting bad looks.

I feel good about my series bet. Not even close to over, but I saw the teams matchup as expected. Tatum played like ass and they win by 12 on the road. At least the light went on and he started passing out of the doubles and got 13 assists.

White’s continued emergence is huge. Poole being not ready for prime time continues. Klay just being good, but not great.

I love Horford. He can easily look 48 next game, as he’s aging, but he’s just such a smart player and this is his time to get a ring after a great career.

It’s mostly just the length though. All the Warriors bigs struggling to get anything while the Celtics bigs all had super efficient games. Timelord elite on defense.

Boston shot lights out from 3, and that was the difference in the final score, but Golden State shot well from 3. I expect 108 to be about their ceiling most nights against Boston. Celtics are just better.

Load Metric
    Leaning Boston now.

Don't think Golden State can replicate that defensive energy as the series draws on. Don't think Poole and Wiggins will be as good on the road. Tatum catching fire for a minute on the road is good for his psyche.

On the flip, Horford looked tired and Draymond historically builds momentum as series carries on.

Wouldn't rule out Klay having a game but seems out of it.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Lol it is about to be 4 1 warriors you fucking idiot champ shit lives in the west

Thread Information