Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL*** NBA 2021-22 thread

Load Metric
    Guessing you watched last nights game BCR.

Really shows the quality of the NBA right now when you have to play Durant and then Trae to make the playoffs. Tough luck for a fun team. With the Blazers tank job, I was really rooting for that Cavs team to make it. Mobley is just a joy to watch, and I always liked KLove, even more now in this 6th man role. Oh well.

Another year of experience for Mobley + Allen together and they very well could have the top D next year.

Load Metric
    Speaking of the Blazers tank job, the CJ trade looks even worse now, and ironically we can blame Paul George getting covid.

The first round pick we got in that trade would only convey if it was 5-14, which outside of a miracle lottery draw, it would have been if NO had lost last night. Now we get the Bucks 2025 first rd pick instead, which, barring a major catastrophe happening to that team, will probably be in the 20's....not worth much.

Also of note, the other part of that trade that we gave up, and I have no idea why we gave him up, Nance Jr goes for 14-16-4 in 24 mins. Dude is one of the most underrated players in the league.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Speaking of the Blazers tank job, the CJ trade looks even worse now, and ironically we can blame Paul George getting covid.

The first round pick we got in that trade would only convey if it was 5-14, which outside of a miracle lottery draw, it would have been if NO had lost last night. Now we get the Bucks 2025 first rd pick instead, which, barring a major catastrophe happening to that team, will probably be in the 20's....not worth much.

Also of note, the other part of that trade that we gave up, and I have no idea why we gave him up, Nance Jr goes for 14-16-4 in 24 mins. Dude is one of the most underrated players in the league.
    A nice coda on how badly the Blazers mismanaged CJ.

His value depreciated over time because of how much he overlapped with Lillard. I've long thought he could commandeer his own team but has looked redundant for years as a #2. Became even more pronounced with Simons emerging.

Apparently re-signing Nurkic is a priority now? Ugh. I really liked the rebuild before it got shut down.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

His value depreciated over time because of how much he overlapped with Lillard. I've long thought he could commandeer his own team but has looked redundant for years as a #2. Became even more pronounced with Simons emerging.

Apparently re-signing Nurkic is a priority now? Ugh. I really liked the rebuild before it got shut down.
    Yeah, I mean...it seems like they are focused on "re-tooling" vs rebuild. I just don't see how this version of the team will be any better without another trade/ splashy FA signing.

A core of Dame, Simons, Nurk, Nasir, Hart, Winslow, Keon, our 1st rd pick. That just has "38 wins and play-in tourney" as the ceiling.

Load Metric

Yeah, I mean...it seems like they are focused on "re-tooling" vs rebuild. I just don't see how this version of the team will be any better without another trade/ splashy FA signing.

A core of Dame, Simons, Nurk, Nasir, Hart, Winslow, Keon, our 1st rd pick. That just has "38 wins and play-in tourney" as the ceiling.
    Probably but a fresh Lillard free of nagging injury could move the needle more. Simons proved me wrong and if he gets ascending things get interesting.

But they shouldn't be going for both like this. If Lillard comes back in form and some team dangles a huge package they should grab it.

Honestly prefer watching young guys lose and play hard and figure it out versus being pretty good and getting bodied in the playoffs by elite teams.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric

LOL. Portland is a giant homeless camp that has no path to recovery from Covid due to left wing domestic terrorism, homelessness and crime epidemics. For example, Antifa shut down traffic and firebombed some businesses in Portland last weekend, and no one even cares. Throw in the shitty weather and why in the word would anyone voluntarily move to such a dump, especially a young, black multimillionaire?

If you think Portland would ever get any FA signings without massively overpaying for middling talent you are delusional IMO. I think Nurkic and Dame are both just at those point in their careers where it is going to be a struggle to stay on the court. I doubt either of them plays 55+ games in a season the rest of their career. I don't think you can build anything around those guys, except like was said a 35-40 win team vying for the play-in every year.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

LOL. Portland is a giant homeless camp that has no path to recovery from Covid due to left wing domestic terrorism, homelessness and crime epidemics. For example, Antifa shut down traffic and firebombed some businesses in Portland last weekend, and no one even cares. Throw in the shitty weather and why in the word would anyone voluntarily move to such a dump, especially a young, black multimillionaire?

If you think Portland would ever get any FA signings without massively overpaying for middling talent you are delusional IMO. I think Nurkic and Dame are both just at those point in their careers where it is going to be a struggle to stay on the court. I doubt either of them plays 55+ games in a season the rest of their career. I don't think you can build anything around those guys, except like was said a 35-40 win team vying for the play-in every year.
    This is true. The best Portland can do is ink guys like Evan Turner and Norman Powell.

Players do like it once here but that has never translated into signing desirable FA's, hence the history of being good but never great.

I think a healthy, rested Lillard still has a couple of elite years left but agree that the ceiling of that is still 2nd round playoffs exit. Am tempted by the pairing of a healthy Dame and ascending Simons but it won't translate to anything that CJ/Dame pairing provided at their apex.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    FIRST BETS OF THE YEAR AUGUST 3RD 2021, GOD ALERT

Bet $ 850.00 to win $ 12,750.00Result: Pending
    2022 NBA Championship - Odds to Win
    Golden State Warriors06/19/22 20:00 EDT+1500

Bet $ 300.00 to win $ 9,000.00Result: Pending
    2022 NBA Championship - Odds to Win
    Philadelphia 76ers06/19/22 20:00 EDT+3000

Bet $ 120.00 to win $ 10,800.00Result: Pending
    NBA Finals Possible Matchups
    76ers vs Warriors06/19/22 20:00 EDT+9000

Load Metric
    Hesitated to fire on the Celtics after the Nets sweep because the Nets were not a good team at all and thought that some of the Tatum praise was overblown.

Game 1 was ugly for both teams but Giannis made it known that he's not fucking around and is basically unstoppable. Kind of like Bucks -125 now but probably am still staying away. Think it goes 6 or 7 regardless, but Boston not looking like the title favorite many in media predicted, can't have superstars lay eggs.

Suns will roll the Mavs, Warriors will have to work but will beat Memphis, think Heat take care of the 76ers when spotted two games without Embiid. LOL Doc Rivers having Embiid in the game at that point to pick up an orbital fracture, joke coach.

Load Metric
    Hesitated to fire on the Celtics after the Nets sweep because the Nets were not a good team at all and thought that some of the Tatum praise was overblown.

Game 1 was ugly for both teams but Giannis made it known that he's not fucking around and is basically unstoppable. Kind of like Bucks -125 now but probably am still staying away. Think it goes 6 or 7 regardless, but Boston not looking like the title favorite many in media predicted, can't have superstars lay eggs.

Suns will roll the Mavs, Warriors will have to work but will beat Memphis, think Heat take care of the 76ers when spotted two games without Embiid. LOL Doc Rivers having Embiid in the game at that point to pick up an orbital fracture, joke coach.

Credit to Boston and Tatum for responding, that series was fucking awesome and likely to be better than either ECF/WCF and the finals.

Phoenix implosion was pretty wild. Always lame when injury stuff bubbles up but Chris Paul isn't that horrible without some physical reason.

Think both series prices have moved a fair amount; Golden State opening -250 felt really aggressive and now -220. Think I recall seeing Boston open as a slight favorite and now -175, even with Smart out G1.

Think it ends up Warriors/Celtics, would guess 6 for each. Luka could just be unguardable now but something weird happened with Phoenix and I think GSW has enough of a history to take them down.

Load Metric

Credit to Boston and Tatum for responding, that series was fucking awesome and likely to be better than either ECF/WCF and the finals.

Phoenix implosion was pretty wild. Always lame when injury stuff bubbles up but Chris Paul isn't that horrible without some physical reason.

Think both series prices have moved a fair amount; Golden State opening -250 felt really aggressive and now -220. Think I recall seeing Boston open as a slight favorite and now -175, even with Smart out G1.

Think it ends up Warriors/Celtics, would guess 6 for each. Luka could just be unguardable now but something weird happened with Phoenix and I think GSW has enough of a history to take them down.
    That Suns game was shocking to me, even in this weird era of blowouts. Just bizarre. Jason Kidd coached team rolling them on the road. Never saw it coming.

Load Metric
    Guessing you watched last nights game BCR.

Really shows the quality of the NBA right now when you have to play Durant and then Trae to make the playoffs. Tough luck for a fun team. With the Blazers tank job, I was really rooting for that Cavs team to make it. Mobley is just a joy to watch, and I always liked KLove, even more now in this 6th man role. Oh well.

Another year of experience for Mobley + Allen together and they very well could have the top D next year.
    I never saw this back when that game occurred. I really enjoyed the season, but I checked out near the end and truthfully didn’t care that much tbh. Rubio injury put a hard cap on being a most likely first round exit. He was so good with an offensively challenged roster of young dudes.

Levert being hurt often and largely worthless didn’t help. Allen sidelined down stretch making them a playin.

If we made playoffs, we lost our first rounder. I was content with the season either way. I wanted to make playoffs, but we’ve had a lot of lottery luck, so knew keeping pick could be better option.

Load Metric
    It should be an easy win for the Golden State Warriors.

Load Metric
    Really looking forward to this Finals matchup. Really enjoyed the Heat-Celtics series. Throwback defense. Every possession mattered. I’m really curious to see how this Celtics defense holds up against Warriors. Like the value on Celtics. They feel too big for the Warriors.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Really looking forward to this Finals matchup. Really enjoyed the Heat-Celtics series. Throwback defense. Every possession mattered. I’m really curious to see how this Celtics defense holds up against Warriors. Like the value on Celtics. They feel too big for the Warriors.
    Defense? If you bet under 175 - you won.

Load Metric
    Leaning Warriors. Tatum has to be elite against an historically elite team, not some Eastern Conference team. GSW has too many threats imo.

Load Metric
    Leaning Warriors. Tatum has to be elite against an historically elite team, not some Eastern Conference team. GSW has too many threats imo.
    It should be a fun series. Agree with the GSW lean, just for the opinion that I could see BOS losing 2 in a row much easier than GSW.

Load Metric
    It should be a fun series. Agree with the GSW lean, just for the opinion that I could see BOS losing 2 in a row much easier than GSW.
    Boston nearly choked away the series. Had earned my respect in that incredible Milwaukee series, came down to Earth against an inferior Miami team.

Golden State has been there and fended off everyone when they've been good save for the Cavs in 2016 and the Raps when down Durant and Klay if that counts.

Gonna be at least one Klay throwback game, one game where Wiggins has it and goes for 25+. Tatum can't afford to.lay eggs against a team of this caliber.

Bet light on the Warriors based on that alone, never really bet this way anymore but wanted a sweat.

Load Metric
    You obviously can be completely right. I just think Boston is uniquely built to stop GS with all their switchable guys with size and someone like Looney, who played quite well, will be rendered useless. Tatum already makes a lot of tough shots. Horford is great 4 out of 7.

I’d feel very strongly about Boston if not for the fact I hate to bet against the been there done that team full of vets. Celtics should have finished off Miami quicker, but Spo and the Heat are tenacious and smart to the very end.

It’s what makes it really an interesting series. My only reluctance to bet Boston heavily is all about are these young guys ready to make that final leap. On paper I think Boston is simply better by a decent margin and matchup perfectly.

iProbably a moderate bet at +139 this afternoon. Thought about waiting until after game 1 for better line as GS is more rested, but I’ve been right on series for the most part, but bad at what I think happens on any individual night frequently. They win and they’re -135.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    You obviously can be completely right. I just think Boston is uniquely built to stop GS with all their switchable guys with size and someone like Looney, who played quite well, will be rendered useless. Tatum already makes a lot of tough shots. Horford is great 4 out of 7.

I’d feel very strongly about Boston if not for the fact I hate to bet against the been there done that team full of vets. Celtics should have finished off Miami quicker, but Spo and the Heat are tenacious and smart to the very end.

It’s what makes it really an interesting series. My only reluctance to bet Boston heavily is all about are these young guys ready to make that final leap. On paper I think Boston is simply better by a decent margin and matchup perfectly.

iProbably a moderate bet at +139 this afternoon. Thought about waiting until after game 1 for better line as GS is more rested, but I’ve been right on series for the most part, but bad at what I think happens on any individual night frequently. They win and they’re -135.
    Yeah it's probably the right pick on paper, just think Golden State has a unique ability to smell blood in the water and rip the throat out of teams that have somewhat of a flimsy backbone.

Marcus Smart took and missed like seven shots in a row as Boston did everything they could to choke away the ECF.

I realize the above is talking head bullshit but that's how I see it going.

Thread Information