Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL*** NBA 2021-22 thread

Load Metric

Suns fans hoping to catch a huge break and have this be a Sterling-level event.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Suns fans hoping to catch a huge break and have this be a Sterling-level event.
    Surprising to just come out now, Sarver has had the cheap rep forever.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    Ben Simmons has a $140 million dollar contract and can’t play because he’s “not mentally ready”

Tell that will Willy the West Virginia Cole miner

Load Metric
    You may get another couple of games of Lakers fade value before people get hip to the hype. Lakers have no idea how this team is supposed to play together.

The dysfunction is real.

If you or a loved one have been betting or watching the Lakers , you may have important legal rights subject to time limits. You may be entitled to compensation

Load Metric
    Smart ass Rondo points a “finger gun” at a court side fan. The fan reached out and smacked Rondo’s hand away. Fan gets immediately tossed.

Rondo.

Lakers gonna be so much fun for me

Load Metric
    I pay zero attention to college basketball and the draft these days after having much less time with a kid now.

Seeing Evan Mobley for the first time ever tonight and already think he'll be a star. Cleveland was smart to not extend Sexton, should make this guy the franchise priority immediately.

Also, Hornets are a great watch. Fun blend of LaMelo, other talented young guys and steady vets.
    Last edited by Sloppy Joe; 10-22-2021 at 10:55 PM.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Question

Hello, I Offer Imo, as a Life-long Bettor of anything worth talking, looking,hearing about...

That it is wise to let NBA play out 15-20 Games ,let Form and Injuries Play out, get a # data base, I think Betting the first 10-20 games is degeneracy excuse to be blunt fellas, girl. ty, SSBx. do not sleep on Knicks this Year.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I pay zero attention to college basketball and the draft these days after having much less time with a kid now.

Seeing Evan Mobley for the first time ever tonight and already think he'll be a star. Cleveland was smart to not extend Sexton, should make this guy the franchise priority immediately.

Also, Hornets are a great watch. Fun blend of LaMelo, other talented young guys and steady vets.
    Ya, he’s been really good for his first 3 games considering he’s so slight. He just does very little bad. Everything is raw on offense. He has an intelligence to his game though and understands positioning and spacing better than any of these shitty vets. Everyone is of the mind to strictly build around Mobley at this point and salvage whatever out of the Sexton situation. This next five games are going to be a brutal learning experience for him. I’d guess without looking they were like 1-16 against the west last year with an average loss of 20 points. They were even losing to Minnesota. I saw the line was 10 against Denver. I never bet against them, as I want to cheer for a win, but it feels like they lost last year by 30 against Denver in both matchups iirc.

It’s early, but this Lakers experiment is unreal bad. Like worse than worst case scenario. I’m sure they’ll figure it out, but who knew their only win including preseason would be because Melo carnied them? Their starters were like -10 on the court. Melo salvaged their first win. RWB has the ball in his hands too much and they are so redundant when Lebron having the ball in his hands is so much better. I mean through three games he’s still shooting 15 times a game, had made 1 three for 9%. Just horrid. They need to stagger his minutes so he’s the sixth man. It’s early, but it looks bad in a way that doesn’t look like it’s ever going to be good short of some changes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I think the Lakers are going to be a dysfunctional mess, given Westbrook's arrival.

Only four players are returning from last year. Basically they blew up the failteam surrounding AD/Lebron, and are starting with a whole new supporting cast.

I liked Ariza during his first go-around with the Lakers, but we're in the 2020s now, not the 2000s.

This team should be a good deal better than last year's version, especially if AD/Lebron stay healthy, but it's not going to be without a lot of drama.

I had various debates with people during the preseason who told me this was going to be a great team, and everyone would learn to play together.

Uh huh.

Load Metric
    I think the Lakers are going to be a dysfunctional mess, given Westbrook's arrival.

Only four players are returning from last year. Basically they blew up the failteam surrounding AD/Lebron, and are starting with a whole new supporting cast.

I liked Ariza during his first go-around with the Lakers, but we're in the 2020s now, not the 2000s.

This team should be a good deal better than last year's version, especially if AD/Lebron stay healthy, but it's not going to be without a lot of drama.

I had various debates with people during the preseason who told me this was going to be a great team, and everyone would learn to play together.

Uh huh.
    I faded Lakers vs Suns last matchup. It was a pk. Lulz. 30 point beat down with fights and dysfunction. I then started fading upcoming games and ended up accidentally betting Nets -1 vs Lakers on Christmas.

Nets are a different dysfunction.

Load Metric
    Shocker tonight. Cavs laid it on them. Jarrett Alllen is really playing out of his mind. Denver had a cold shooting night. Kevin Love played the best game I’ve seen him have in yearrs Team is fun to watch. Two good defensive performances in a row against two pretty good offenses in Atl and Den

Gold
    Load Metric
    Shocker tonight. Cavs laid it on them. Jarrett Alllen is really playing out of his mind. Denver had a cold shooting night. Kevin Love played the best game I’ve seen him have in yearrs Team is fun to watch. Two good defensive performances in a row against two pretty good offenses in Atl and Den
    Bill Simmons was very high on the Cavs in his preseason pod. I thought about taking their team over (37 wins I think) but ultimately didn't. There was a lot of extra juice I didn't want to lay.

Load Metric
    They're talented, and everyone kind of forgot about Jarrett Allen once he ended up in Cleveland. He was great on those Nets teams and well deserving of the contract he got, which many considered an overpay iirc.

Will they end up 'good' this year? Probably not, but theyll be fun and could see them in the play-in tourney as an 8-10. Things will get rough for Mobley this year as he's too small but that's normal.

The East is much more fun this year for the first time in forever. Maybe I'm just sick of the continuity in the West but find myself checking out Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland etc much more than normal.

EDIT: Knicks as well.
    Last edited by Sloppy Joe; 10-26-2021 at 10:00 PM.

Load Metric
    Lol Westbrook with that quadruple double with the turnovers, and then references the unwritten rules as why he got ejected.

Weird, I thought another unwritten rule was not stat-whoring, which he has done his whole career.....

What a pud.

Load Metric
    Went to Blazers tonight, quietest and smallest crowd I've ever experienced since going to Bobcats/Hornets in early 2010's.

Normally Moda Center is rocking even for Tuesday night games against the dregs of the East. At least they came on in the second half.

Mainly went to see Ja Morant in person.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Lol Westbrook with that quadruple double with the turnovers, and then references the unwritten rules as why he got ejected.

Weird, I thought another unwritten rule was not stat-whoring, which he has done his whole career.....

What a pud.
    I watched the game. A lot of the turnovers were him trying to make passes to old players that can't move very well anymore. In one 2 minute span he had 3 turnovers trying to lob it to Dwight, who can't jump anymore. But yeah, him getting the defensive rebound and then leading a break (which is one of his main skill sets) doesn't work as well when noone else on your team can run a fast break.

In 14 minutes of play Dwight actually committed about 10 fouls, including 2 possible flagrant, but I guess the refs were feeling sorry for him and only called 5. Man that guy is washed.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Went to Blazers tonight, quietest and smallest crowd I've ever experienced since going to Bobcats/Hornets in early 2010's.

Normally Moda Center is rocking even for Tuesday night games against the dregs of the East. At least they came on in the second half.

Why was the crowd dead? Coronavirus restriction related?

I was talking to a guy who went to the UCLA/Oregon game at the Rose Bowl, and he said for the whole stadium there was only a few single file lines for everyone to show their Vax cards or proof of negative test, and it was brutally slow and took over an hour just to get through that line. He said the game was actually good, but making it so hard to get in wasn't worth it, and he wouldn't be attending another game until they are done with the check.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

I was talking to a guy who went to the UCLA/Oregon game at the Rose Bowl, and he said for the whole stadium there was only a few single file lines for everyone to show their Vax cards or proof of negative test, and it was brutally slow and took over an hour just to get through that line. He said the game was actually good, but making it so hard to get in wasn't worth it, and he wouldn't be attending another game until they are done with the check.
    They did check for Vax cards/negative test.

I could definitely see that getting lengthy but wasn't an issue for me. Crowd was 80% full, very light for the Blazers, but quiet.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

I could definitely see that getting lengthy but wasn't an issue for me. Crowd was 80% full, very light for the Blazers, but quiet.
    Just judging from you and gut, neither of you are particularly enthusiastic about the team. You’ve done the love Dame but can’t improve thing now for like six years straight. You can kind of guess the season trajectory before it starts. I pick up that on nba boards among Blazer fans. Usually among the most rabid, but kind of tired of the whole win 45-52 games and second round exit thing. Lot of do something, anything, different feel. I’d guess it’s just bleeding over t the fans. Plus I was watching that game as the Cavs were also playing and I was flipping back and forth. Both games were very weird where Dame and Cj weren’t shooting particularly well, probably like high 30% combined, but you were winning through the rare defensive effort and Nurkic and others playing decent. Plus Ja was incredibly sloppy with the ball and many probably showed to see him like you. He was meh. None of the usual crowd pleasers were really doing anything.

Cavs shot 3/20 from 3 and couldn’t hit a shot and won by double digits. I thought this was going to be a horrible defensive team and somehow it’s now the strength with all the size. The Lakers blew a 26 point lead against OKC which I watched the last few quarters of. Strangest comeback ever we OKC didn’t even want to win and couldn’t give it away. At the end of the night I thought what a weird ass basketball night.

I noticed on Cavs board it was a little subdued for a big win. Like is this sustainable? It was like there was a full moon last night for all those late games.
    Last edited by BCR; 10-28-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric

Just judging from you and gut, neither of you are particularly enthusiastic about the team. You’ve done the love Dame but can’t improve thing now for like six years straight. You can kind of guess the season trajectory before it starts. I pick up that on nba boards among Blazer fans. Usually among the most rabid, but kind of tired of the whole win 45-52 games and second round exit thing. Lot of do something, anything, different feel. I’d guess it’s just bleeding over t the fans. Plus I was watching that game as the Cavs were also playing and I was flipping back and forth. Both games were very weird where Dame and Cj weren’t shooting particularly well, probably like high 30% combined, but you were winning through the rare defensive effort and Nurkic and others playing decent. Plus Ja was incredibly sloppy with the ball and many probably showed to see him like you. He was meh. None of the usual crowd pleasers were really doing anything.

Cavs shot 3/20 from 3 and couldn’t hit a shot and won by double digits. I thought this was going to be a horrible defensive team and somehow it’s now the strength with all the size. The Lakers blew a 26 point lead against OKC which I watched the last few quarters of. Strangest comeback ever we OKC didn’t even want to win and couldn’t give it away. At the end of the night I thought what a weird ass basketball night.

I noticed on Cavs board it was a little subdued for a big win. Like is this sustainable? It was like there was a full moon last night for all those late games.
    Hopefully for one more game it is. I am snap betting them against Lakers when my book releases line if it is anything more than +4.

Thread Information