Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL*** NBA 2021-22 thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

CJ + three 1's and three swaps??? What the fuck is Morey still smoking?
    Yeah you would think these LOL asking prices would have come down to Earth by now.

Philly is truly and properly fucked. Looking like The Process basically only led to Joel Embiid working out, which was a long shot and could blow up with any injury.

How long can they wait? Embiids prime is now.
    Just for the laughs, I hope this stays a mess all year. Philly is just the worst town and fans, plus while I like Simmons game, he seems like just another idiot. Unless he gets moved to some small market that I’d like to see have a chance, I’d prefer to just laugh at this whole mess.

It seems he was somehow surprised that he’d miss paychecks.

What a spot. If you want moved, you have to come back and play well, yet I don’t think he is the kid who can respond to an uncomfortable environment or the pressure to perform well from his playoff performances. I’m cheering for him to come back and just steal $ from the Sixers and have it all implode in a pile of fake injuries and mailing it in.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Yeah you would think these LOL asking prices would have come down to Earth by now.

Philly is truly and properly fucked. Looking like The Process basically only led to Joel Embiid working out, which was a long shot and could blow up with any injury.

How long can they wait? Embiids prime is now.
    Just for the laughs, I hope this stays a mess all year. Philly is just the worst town and fans, plus while I like Simmons game, he seems like just another idiot. Unless he gets moved to some small market that I’d like to see have a chance, I’d prefer to just laugh at this whole mess.

It seems he was somehow surprised that he’d miss paychecks.

What a spot. If you want moved, you have to come back and play well, yet I don’t think he is the kid who can respond to an uncomfortable environment or the pressure to perform well from his playoff performances. I’m cheering for him to come back and just steal $ from the Sixers and have it all implode in a pile of fake injuries and mailing it in.
    Is it known who backed away from the Simmons/Harden trade of last year?

LOL if Daryl held firm on not including Shake Milton or whatever.

Going from almost getting James Harden (and it being largely considered a good trade) to this...man.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Fired on Portland under 44.5 after seeing three of four preseason games.

Preseason is rarely a thing to judge but MAN did they look hopeless and shitty, getting absolutely bodied and looking clueless.

Chauncey Billups seems to have no idea what he's doing; he will be better obv but 44.5 was already a high number for me and fully expect them to come out of the gates playing like dogshit.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric

Preseason is rarely a thing to judge but MAN did they look hopeless and shitty, getting absolutely bodied and looking clueless.

Chauncey Billups seems to have no idea what he's doing; he will be better obv but 44.5 was already a high number for me and fully expect them to come out of the gates playing like dogshit.
    I didn't want one second of the preseason, but I was thinking of going over. 3 teams tanking in West (Ok City, Houston, Minn) and 2 teams expected to take giant steps back due to injury (LAC, Denver) and you know Lakers are going to be dealing with injuries/resting all season.

Just seems there is a lot of wins up for grabs for teams like POR. And this could be bad memory and completely wrong, but I feel like they played real well at the end of last year when they got Nurkic and Powell in the starting lineup.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

I didn't want one second of the preseason, but I was thinking of going over. 3 teams tanking in West (Ok City, Houston, Minn) and 2 teams expected to take giant steps back due to injury (LAC, Denver) and you know Lakers are going to be dealing with injuries/resting all season.

Just seems there is a lot of wins up for grabs for teams like POR. And this could be bad memory and completely wrong, but I feel like they played real well at the end of last year when they got Nurkic and Powell in the starting lineup.
    The argument for is Kanter and Melo are gone. New coach, new scheme.

What I saw was an aimless disaster. I think they'll struggle out of the gate and get into a hole making 44.5 unattainable. Think theyll be sixth at best.

Gold
    Load Metric

What I saw was an aimless disaster. I think they'll struggle out of the gate and get into a hole making 44.5 unattainable. Think theyll be sixth at best.
    Fair enough. I am listening to The Ringer O/U pod now. I'll see what Bill Simmons has to say and go from there. FWIW I tail Simmons a lot in NBA O/U bets and have done very well. I haven't been keeping track, but I would be surprised if he wasn't well above .500 if you tallied all his picks the last few years.

Gold
    Load Metric

Fair enough. I am listening to The Ringer O/U pod now. I'll see what Bill Simmons has to say and go from there. FWIW I tail Simmons a lot in NBA O/U bets and have done very well. I haven't been keeping track, but I would be surprised if he wasn't well above .500 if you tallied all his picks the last few years.
    Listened to Simmons. FWIW he likes the over a lot.

Load Metric
    I just drafted Zion, Kristaps, and Embiid as my primary bigs in fantasy. This will either end great, or the 3 will combine to play 70 games this year.

Grabbed Mobley later, BCR what's the word there? He might start at the 4?

Gold
    Load Metric
    I just drafted Zion, Kristaps, and Embiid as my primary bigs in fantasy. This will either end great, or the 3 will combine to play 70 games this year.

I would set the O/U at 150 games total.

Load Metric

Just noticed I grabbed Kalams post, to answer gut.

The Cavs are a strange team. Lots of pieces to like, but not something that makes sense. Like the overs at 25 wins were ok, now at 27, I don’t love it. It’s just really hard to project. We need one of these guards to make a huge leap. Sexton scores efficiently but has AIDS defense and high usage. Garland is better passer and came on last year, but also AIDS defender.

Mobley is a work in progress. I think he will have possibly the best on/off number on the team as a rookie. He does almost nothing bad, but he’s not going to be a some offensive force.

He’s not going to score a lot, but almost everything he does is a positive. His defense is outstanding for a rookie. His instincts. He passes well. He can recover quickly when he’s beat and long enough to still alter shots. He’s extraordinarily smart as a player, but a bit passive offensively. He’s going to be very useful and really good eventually. It’s hard to anticipate the learning curve on offense.

So much of the Cavs success is going to be dependent on how well he staggers the lineups and whether Colin is used appropriately or in a way that looks to prop up his trade value. Those are at odds.

Ideally Rubio is on the floor always with Sexton as he’s so much better of a passer, or with Okoro at the 2, as he’s good defending SGs, but too small to guard SFs which they had him doing often last year. Even with two rim protectors, that’s just problematic with 3 bad perimeter defenders.

I liked Rubio with Markinnen at the 3 from what I saw. LM is also an AIDS defender, but long enough to allow for the other two giants to recover.

Overall, they aren’t good and need to move one or two of Sexton and Okoro for something that makes sense.

I’m both excited to watch them play, but it’s going to be a poor defensive team. Mobley will help, but not so much as to overcome the roster deficiencies. Weird team. Will be fun to watch, but it’s just fun pieces rather than anything that makes sense. The lack of an even league average SF causes this cascade of problems that has guys playing out of position.

I wouldn’t touch them. Wouldn’t shock me if they won 32 or 22 games as it just doesn’t fit right now. Garland taking a huge leap would solve a lot.

The media is higher on them than I personally am, but maybe I’m being pessimistic. Hear a ton of media liking the over, but the East is better and I’m not sure who they are better tham except Detroit and Orlando.

Comments

gut: heard LM at the 3 the other day and i LOL'd. Is a strange team.
    Last edited by BCR; 10-19-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Load Metric

The Cavs are a strange team. Lots of pieces to like, but not something that makes sense. Like the overs at 25 wins were ok, now at 27, I don’t love it. It’s just really hard to project. We need one of these guards to make a huge leap. Sexton scores efficiently but has AIDS defense and high usage. Garland is better passer and came on last year, but also AIDS defender.

Mobley is a work in progress. I think he will have possibly the best on/off number on the team as a rookie. He does almost nothing bad, but he’s not going to be a some offensive force.

He’s not going to score a lot, but almost everything he does is a positive. His defense is outstanding for a rookie. His instincts. He passes well. He can recover quickly when he’s beat and long enough to still alter shots. He’s extraordinarily smart as a player, but a bit passive offensively. He’s going to be very useful and really good eventually. It’s hard to anticipate the learning curve on offense.

So much of the Cavs success is going to be dependent on how well he staggers the lineups and whether Colin is used appropriately or in a way that looks to prop up his trade value. Those are at odds.

Ideally Rubio is on the floor always with Sexton as he’s so much better of a passer, or with Okoro at the 2, as he’s good defending SGs, but too small to guard SFs which they had him doing often last year. Even with two rim protectors, that’s just problematic with 3 bad perimeter defenders.

I liked Rubio with Markinnen at the 3 from what I saw. LM is also an AIDS defender, but long enough to allow for the other two giants to recover.

Overall, they aren’t good and need to move one or two of Sexton and Okoro for something that makes sense.

I’m both excited to watch them play, but it’s going to be a poor defensive team. Mobley will help, but not so much as to overcome the roster deficiencies. Weird team. Will be fun to watch, but it’s just fun pieces rather than anything that makes sense. The lack of an even league average SF causes this cascade of problems that has guys playing out of position.

I wouldn’t touch them. Wouldn’t shock me if they won 32 or 22 games as it just doesn’t fit right now. Garland taking a huge leap would solve a lot.

The media is higher on them than I personally am, but maybe I’m being pessimistic. Hear a ton of media liking the over, but the East is better and I’m not sure who they are better tham except Detroit and Orlando.
    Oh yeah, forgot Rubio is there also! Well, with him and Love, you are close to re-creating the glory days of the 28-wins a year T-Wolves.

Load Metric

Oh yeah, forgot Rubio is there also! Well, with him and Love, you are close to re-creating the glory days of the 28-wins a year T-Wolves.
    Ya, I think he might be the second best on/off this year, which is a big problem. They have this weird team where they can score or defend, but not really any two way players. They are going to look like world beaters on some nights when shots are dropping and a total clown show most nights. I hope I’m pleasantly surprised, but idk what they’re thinking tbh. Mobley will definitely start from everything I have seen thus far. Most practice videos have him shooting a lot of corner threes, but everyone looks good in practice videos.

Sexton not getting extended doesn’t bode well for him trying to get his while they are trying to play team ball.

Load Metric

Ya, I think he might be the second best on/off this year, which is a big problem. They have this weird team where they can score or defend, but not really any two way players. They are going to look like world beaters on some nights when shots are dropping and a total clown show most nights. I hope I’m pleasantly surprised, but idk what they’re thinking tbh. Mobley will definitely start from everything I have seen thus far. Most practice videos have him shooting a lot of corner threes, but everyone looks good in practice videos.

Sexton not getting extended doesn’t bode well for him trying to get his while they are trying to play team ball.
    I see Sexton's career arc becoming like Lou Williams or Jordan Clarkson. All descendants of Microwave Vinnie. Just pure streetball scorer who you have to hide on D. I'd bet on multiple 6th man of the year trophies coming for Sexton, if he is willing to accept that fate.

Load Metric

I see Sexton's career arc becoming like Lou Williams or Jordan Clarkson. All descendants of Microwave Vinnie. Just pure streetball scorer who you have to hide on D. I'd bet on multiple 6th man of the year trophies coming for Sexton, if he is willing to accept that fate.
    That or he needs to play next to a Simmons type so the whole backcourt isn’t a free run to the basket. He’s not going to be content with that as he’s already a better scorer and more efficient than any of those guys ever were and still improving.

The league may leave him no choice but to accept that role. His RFA will be interesting. I’m curious how he’s valued around the league and what they offered and he passed up. I also wouldn’t he surprised if he’s in some deal to facilitate another deal. He’s kind of a unique player in that I can’t remember any other players at 22 years old putting up over 24 on good efficiency that would be happy to move to the bench. Add in he’s a tireless worker, and I don’t think he will be ready to voluntarily accept that role for a few years. It could actually get messy.

We have this owner always willing to spend, which is about the only positive thing as he’s the second richest owner now, but they haven’t been able to parlay anyone into valuable assets. I recall sitting there that draft praying they took Mikal Bridges. That’s who I wanted.

The conversation that year was Sexton, Bridges, Shai, or Porter Jr. This kid scores 24 a game, yet I am super optimistic about the team as presently constructed if you just switch him with any of those 3 that went in the next 5 picks behind him. Those 3 make sense with this team and we wouldn’t be good, but we’d be heading right direction.

We overpaid Allen also imo. He’s kind of a known quantity and he went from a coveted player to making $4 million more than he should for next 5. He’s making more than a Capella. He’s a 5 $80 million player. So if Mobley fills out and morphs into a more natural center, it’s probably moveable, but not a huge asset.

I agree he’s of that microwave mold, and I don’t know what he wants $ wise.

I think he’s probably close to a $20 million dollar player in this league, but haven’t heard what he’s been offered. Just that he wants north of $100 million. Sixth men are $12-$15 types.

He frustrates me as I don’t know what I even want them to do with him. Some rotation where Garland and Sexton get their minutes paired with Okoro and Rubio and let the chips fall. I’m not really ready to give up on a kid who has improved every year and works hard. The dude might legit score like 26 ppg and shoot 40% from 3 on a team with multiple 7 foot guys to rim protect and still be a negative. Garland might score 20 with 6 assists. I wish we had a coach I trusted. Feels like there should be a way to make it work. Not playoff work. But a rising team simply lacking a SF and something where you can see which direction to go moving forward.

There is no one untouchable besides Mobley. Would be great to see Garland and Okoro take a leap where they become coveted. I want to build around Mobley with whomever of Garland or Sexton or Okoro that makes sense. You see guys like Steph saying how great Garland is going to be. We have a spacing problem and a too many guards problem. Would be nice to package up a couple of these guys for a real wing if they emerge and are viewed as valuable. I wish we had a great developmental coach and good GM, because it feels like we could really turn this into something that makes sense, but a bad organization can fuck it all up, and that’s the most likely outcome being the Cavs .

Load Metric

Honestly would prefer to pull for a team like this than what I know I'll be getting from Portland: #6-#9 seed, first round exit.

Feel like the middle class in the East is up for grabs; the door is open for a team like Cleveland to overachieve.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Sounds like Zion has been hitting the extra large fries and laying off the salad, he is apparently at or over 3 bills now. Can't possibly be good for those knees.

Load Metric
    I don’t see any ego clash. Both are always well-liked by teammates. I don’t think Russ is a dick.

If there is a clash, it’s going to be Lebron is an efficiency machine and Russ is the opposite. So Lebron might occasionally get frustrated at RWB’s shot selection or decision making, but it won’t be personal. It won’t be a clash of egos imo. I don’t see RWB wired that way. He just isn’t a cerebral player.

There will be issues meshing, but the roster is good enough to probably fade it until the finals. Russ is going to have a big adjustment. Knowing your role is one thing, I’m sure he has the proper attitude coming in, but it’s hard to change what you’ve always been. That said, I assume it works itself out early and I assume they’ll work it out by mid-season on most nights.

I mean I think the idea of this Big 3 and the names are better than the fit, but it’s really just are Lebron and AD healthy. If he helps that cause and limits his Russ moments to sporadic lapses, it should be ok. Lebron isn’t what he once was, AD is a big, and they can use his energy if he can be smart.

For his legacy as a player, it’s way more important for Russ. If he goes out there and starts chucking and trying to do everything with two better teammates, it’s just going to be this guy won’t ever get it and his career is a joke of fake numbers. If he can strike a balance, it will greatly improve his legacy. It’s a great opportunity for him given he’s went from fan favorite to fake triple double stat padder dumbass over the last 5 years as far as public opinion. He can really flip the script.
    I think it will work fine, especially for the regular season as many analysts have noted. He'll have nights where he's 6-28 but I think it will work out.

Russ has been domineering over beta cucks like Kevin Durant (actually Russ was probably a top 10 player then but still) and James Harden in the past to his team's detriment but can't possibly think he's superior to LeBron and will fall in line. Anthony Davis will likely get cucked by Russ on camera a few times for being soft, but he's too good if healthy for it to matter long term.

Could ultimately be a non-factor come playoff time. Bet that the Lakers finish as a 3 or 4 seed and make the finals. Do not see any west team knocking off a healthy AD/LeBron team.
    Just one game and it will get better but oof, not a good fit at all so far.

Load Metric
    I’m a life long Lakers fan, here’s my take: The Lakers are old as fuck, injures are going to be a huge problem, and younger teams are going to torch them in the fourth quarter. They’ll make a little run in the playoffs, but that’s it.

Load Metric
    Yesterday, Enes Kanter posted a video voicing his support for Tibetan independence.

In the video, the Celtics center denounces Xi Jinping, China's leader, as a "brutal dictator."

China has since blacked out all Boston Celtics coverage from its internet.

China surprises U.S. with nuclear-capable hypersonic missile test, FT reports
    I’m gonna make sure my life insurance is paid up. brb

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Yesterday, Enes Kanter posted a video voicing his support for Tibetan independence.

In the video, the Celtics center denounces Xi Jinping, China's leader, as a "brutal dictator."

China has since blacked out all Boston Celtics coverage from its internet.

China surprises U.S. with nuclear-capable hypersonic missile test, FT reports
    I’m gonna make sure my life insurance is paid up. brb

Do you have beneficiaries in South America?

Kanter sets record for angling for buyout after one game. Celtics already regretting their one year free agent min guy costing them more than he could ever be worth.

Thread Information