Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
Most anyone living in New England today and who has lived here through January would understand entirely why a 48 degree day with a bit of sun is as glorious a day as does exist anywhere. There is nothing like the warm feeling of sunshine when you've been without it since November. February is the best month!
Yeah, last few days have been great. Muddy trails anywhere that was once grass, but so be it. There's an eagle that hangs out in the area I walk, but I was always looking up at the trees, seeing the occasional hawk or hearing an owl, but no eagle. Finally realized a few days ago that there are huge metal towers next to the commuter rail tracks which are MUCH taller than the trees, and sure enough, that fucker was hanging out there about an hour before sunset, but was too high/far for phone to get a clear shit. Been bringing my camera the last few days, but as always, too little too late. I'll see it again someday. In the meantime, he's a cool looking bird, a hooded merganser! Surprising amount of animal diversity even within the Boston city limts.