Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please post in this thread if you are going to play in WSOP 2021 and plan on tweeting your chips or whatever

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Donked out of the O/8 at midnight. No problem, I’ll hit Diamond registration and buy into the Reunion at 10am. Here’s the line:
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Here’s the main line:
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Here’s the line for COVID clearance. That’s an hour minimum.
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Plan B. Get a Margarita, hit the room. Head back down in two hours. Definitely glad I’m staying here.
    I’m in your Diamond line picture!

I got done at 3:30am. The regular line (my buddy was in it) went faster than 7 star/Diamond line. Not kidding.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Donked out of the O/8 at midnight. No problem, I’ll hit Diamond registration and buy into the Reunion at 10am. Here’s the line:
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Here’s the main line:
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Here’s the line for COVID clearance. That’s an hour minimum.
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Plan B. Get a Margarita, hit the room. Head back down in two hours. Definitely glad I’m staying here.

I got done at 3:30am. The regular line (my buddy was in it) went faster than 7 star/Diamond line. Not kidding.
    Whos the guy with the white hoodie and white shoes? He could def get it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    jsearles playing right now, and has been tweeting a bit.

Apparently he won a quads over full house hand.

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...1-2021-10-00am

Comments

shoeshine box: wow

Load Metric
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

I went back down at 3am. Line still too long for me. Probably a good call. Slept til noon. Feel refreshed. Hopefully registration won’t be too long tonight and I can buy into Day C!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    How many booths are open in the Diamond room, and how many are closed?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I can confirm from midnight to 330am there was exactly 1.

And multiple guys plopping down 100k cash bricks made it EXTREMELY slow.

Comments

Jayjami: Yep
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

See, I don't understand this.

They can't even blame COVID, because they did this exact same shit in 2019, and I criticized it back then.

It isn't rocket science. They just need to staff up the buyin windows both at the beginning of the series AND before/during big-field events.

They won't, because they Caesars is terrible at operations, and always has been.

Bronze
    Load Metric

See, I don't understand this.

They can't even blame COVID, because they did this exact same shit in 2019, and I criticized it back then.

It isn't rocket science. They just need to staff up the buyin windows both at the beginning of the series AND before/during big-field events.

They won't, because they Caesars is terrible at operations, and always has been.

Do you have a favorite complain From your life? Least Favorite or mistake (on your end) complain?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by incognito81 View Post
    Do you have a favorite complain From your life? Least Favorite or mistake (on your end) complain?

Load Metric
    5 widows open at 6pm. Less than 10 minute wait.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I got into town at 4:30 PM. Met my wife outside Venetian to pick up room key.
    Back at RIO I dropped off the pup in the room and went back down prepared to spend a few hours in lines.
    At. the COVID check-in there were about 30 people in the main line but only 3 people in the CLEAR line!
    After about a 5 minute wait I sat down and went through the COVID verification, ID verification, I had registered for event #4c online so she printed my seat card, I collected a bunch of receipts and was out the door. Total time, less than 10 minutes!

Also, when my wife checked in Thursday the Masquerade elevators were broken so they gave her a room in Ipanema, which I would have preferred anyway but they said they only had pet stay rooms in Masquerade. We were supposed to switch today but I convinced them to let us keep the room we were in so we wouldn't be inconvenienced any further. I did have to go to the front desk to do this but there were only two people ahead of me. The staff were very courteous and efficient.
    The room is much better than I expected. Everything is clean, hallways are clean, everything works.

I'm on a great run so far, just hope my luck continues tomorrow!

Comments

country978: good luck!

Jayjami: Good for you. See you in 4C tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbodoggins View Post
    I got into town at 4:30 PM. Met my wife outside Venetian to pick up room key.
    Back at RIO I dropped off the pup in the room and went back down prepared to spend a few hours in lines.
    At. the COVID check-in there were about 30 people in the main line but only 3 people in the CLEAR line!
    After about a 5 minute wait I sat down and went through the COVID verification, ID verification, I had registered for event #4c online so she printed my seat card, I collected a bunch of receipts and was out the door. Total time, less than 10 minutes!

Also, when my wife checked in Thursday the Masquerade elevators were broken so they gave her a room in Ipanema, which I would have preferred anyway but they said they only had pet stay rooms in Masquerade. We were supposed to switch today but I convinced them to let us keep the room we were in so we wouldn't be inconvenienced any further. I did have to go to the front desk to do this but there were only two people ahead of me. The staff were very courteous and efficient.
    The room is much better than I expected. Everything is clean, hallways are clean, everything works.

I'm on a great run so far, just hope my luck continues tomorrow!
    Good job refusing to move. I understand why they asked you to (there wouldn't have been enough open rooms in Masquerade compared to what was booked), but in these situations, it's a HUGE inconvenience for the customer, and the ones who make noise about it get to stay.

Next time book Ipanema in advance. Masquerade sucks for WSOP -- way too far, and elevators take way too long.

One good thing about it not being summer is that you won't have to hassle with AC problems. Many of the AC units need a filter change or other maintenance, and I found it's about a 33% chance in the summer that I need to call and wait for them to come fix it. However, in October it should be cool enough that even a less-functioning AC should be sufficient.

GL today! If you feel like it, tweet your progress with hashtag #pfa04

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Deaker shortage (understandable) and space shortage (dreadful) have caused a cancellation already.

https://twitter.com/Kevmath/status/1444737838117912580

https://twitter.com/Kevmath/status/1444741353452171264

Load Metric
    Deaker shortage (understandable) and space shortage (dreadful) have caused a cancellation already.

DEAKER SHORTAGE YALL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Huge hole in the WSOP COVID safety plan:

Visitors and spectators are NOT screened in any way. They can be unvaccinated, they can have a fever, they can be coughing and hacking.... no problem!

Kinda defeats the purpose of the "everyone must be vaccinated" rule, other than it being for show so the masks can stay off.

Load Metric

We’re playing 10 handed in the Reunion, due to the shortage. I personally like it.

Load Metric
    Huge hole in the WSOP COVID safety plan:

Visitors and spectators are NOT screened in any way. They can be unvaccinated, they can have a fever, they can be coughing and hacking.... no problem!

Kinda defeats the purpose of the "everyone must be vaccinated" rule, other than it being for show so the masks can stay off.

Technically the rule is observers must get a pass. But no one is enforcing shit.

Comments

country978: dear vegas please just stop all of it. people will come to celebrate

Load Metric
    Busted out of the limit hold’em at the last level last night. Signed up for the 7 stud today. The entire Caesars network is down! Evidently everywhere. They to us to “come back at 4”. They haven’t even got day two of the limit event started. Lots of guys waiting around. Can you say FUBAR? Thank God I have a room!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    After bombing out of the reunion fairly early I took played one of the daily deepstacks and bubbled.
    then I decided to switch scenery and played day 1C of the $600 event at Venetian. Much better value in this tournament, 40k chips and 40 minute levels.
    After being down to 12k at one point I managed to climb back up and sneak into day 2 after 12 hours of play.
    As we were beginning day 2 we heard the news of the disaster at WSOP! Glad I switched. I maintained an average stack for awhile but then got ground down and finished 81 (out of 3201 I think) for a mincash of about $1500. I had no problem wearing a mask for 12 hours.
    leaving tomorrow and don't know when I'll be back.

Comments

Dan Druff: well, it's something

country978: sounds like you had a great time!

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

Busted out of the limit hold’em at the last level last night. Signed up for the 7 stud today. The entire Caesars network is down! Evidently everywhere. They to us to “come back at 4”. They haven’t even got day two of the limit event started. Lots of guys waiting around. Can you say FUBAR? Thank God I have a room!

7 stud ...gd luck..loved dealing it a lot. Do Not slow play dealt trips2,3,4,,5,6,7,8,9,.....build it up they chasing you...you at least 8-1 to improve , I am NOT a Math man.. Raise a Lot to. gd lk

Thread Information