Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please post in this thread if you are going to play in WSOP 2021 and plan on tweeting your chips or whatever

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Please post in this thread if you are going to play in WSOP 2021 and plan on tweeting your chips or whatever

As you guys know, I created a feature on PFA where you can auto-post to the WSOP forum here, using a #pfaxx hashtag.

However, I need to create threads for those events for it to work.

As the WSOP is starting today, please let me know if you are there (or will be there) and will be live tweeting your chips or updates. I am not going to at least the first half of WSOP, and may not go at all, so I haven't created anything yet.

Please post here which event # you are going to play, and if you plan to tweet using the PFA hashtag.

Load Metric
    Name:  A3BBA86F-C736-4E8F-9F1F-E713AFC173D3.jpeg
Views: 443
Size:  29.4 KB

I’m here. Get ready to wait in line. Not going to post chip counts, because anyone who would care needs to seriously get a life. Will post on general shit though. Going to the Orleans today to work on the O/8 OB game. Played 8/16 for about 30 hours last month. Full of rocks and a few live ones, but beatable. I won $500, so obviously it’s not that tough.

Comments

country978: good luck!

Walter Sobchak: Good luck

simpdog: trip reports plz

JoeD: Good luck. Rio food and drink report would be nice too

Load Metric
    I’m tentatively starting off with events #4, #8, and #10 pending results.

Comments

country978: good luck!

Walter Sobchak: Good luck

simpdog: TID
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    I’m tentatively starting off with events #4, #8, and #10 pending results.
    Will you be tweeting? Or at least possibly tweeting?

Comments

jsearles22: Possibly yes

Gold
    Load Metric
    jsearles how can I follow you on twitter? I'd really like to read your posts from WSOP. Good luck to both of you playing in this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    jsearles how can I follow you on twitter? I'd really like to read your posts from WSOP. Good luck to both of you playing in this.
    Seriously? There will be a thread here on PFA that shows my tweets. That’s what Druff is saying lol

Comments

Sloppy Joe: LOL
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

I look fwd to follow on PFA...I dont tweet...
    I could not go to WSOP and am sad.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Seriously? There will be a thread here on PFA that shows my tweets. That’s what Druff is saying lol
    oh, ok, thank you. Sorry for my confusion about that. I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I'll be there Sunday for #4c maybe I'll tweet if I can remember how to do it

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Would like to take this post to thank Cmoney, for staking me in my very first WSOP event 3 years ago. Even though I bricked, I got to experience something unique.

O/8 is such an easy game. Was googling it as I was playing the tournament and got 2nd.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Would like to take this post to thank Cmoney, for staking me in my very first WSOP event 3 years ago. Even though I bricked, I got to experience something unique.

O/8 is such an easy game. Was googling it as I was playing the tournament and got 2nd.
    You got 2nd in O8 at an Orleans tournament. You made it sound like you got 2nd in a WSOP event!

I heard that you were pissing off some old guy in the game because you were playing such an "unusual" style.

The O8 event at the WSOP is great though. So many weak players in that one. It pains me to miss it.

Anyway, I'll go create some threads and make sure the tweeting still works. Every few years, Twitter changes something and breaks what I've built, so I have to modify it when that happens. Update coming shortly...

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

You got 2nd in O8 at an Orleans tournament. You made it sound like you got 2nd in a WSOP event!

I heard that you were pissing off some old guy in the game because you were playing such an "unusual" style.

The O8 event at the WSOP is great though. So many weak players in that one. It pains me to miss it.

Anyway, I'll go create some threads and make sure the tweeting still works. Every few years, Twitter changes something and breaks what I've built, so I have to modify it when that happens. Update coming shortly...
    It really sucks that you're not going. The best shows over the years have been the ones where you covered the WSOP. And I always enjoyed your analysis of the events you played in yourself. I hope jsearles and jajami and anyone else here playing an event has a great run and will post some good reading for the rest of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Okay, the deed has been done.

There is now a 2021 WSOP Forum.

I have created threads for events #4, #8, and #10.

To auto-post to these threads via Twitter, use hashtag:

#pfa04 for event #4
    #pfa08 for event #8
    #pfa10 for event #10

You do not need to register your Twitter to PFA in any way. PFA automatically scans Twitter for that hashtag from any account, and posts it here.

If you want any other event threads/hashtags created, please post it here.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Correct, forgot to mention that. Just piggy backed off Jay's post. Literally easiest game in the world. Inwas the youngest guy playing there by like 15 years lol. Swapped 5% I think with Bot and Brandon too. Good times.

Load Metric
    7 Stars/Diamond registration line wait time: 50 minutes. Druff would not be happy. I wasn’t!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    7 Stars/Diamond registration line wait time: 50 minutes. Druff would not be happy. I wasn’t!
    Did they have like 2 out of 6 stations open like they did in 2019?

That was what was most infuriating to me.

At least this year they can hide behind COVID and claim they were having trouble hiring people, and nobody will be able to question it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Is there a separate line for bracelet winners?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    My wife had to wait more than three hours Thursday night. I reserved the room with her name on it as well as mine. I'm diamond, she's not so she didn't think she could get in the diamond line. When she finally got to the desk they said, "Why didn't you get in the VIP line?"

Comments

shoeshine box: "If you don't ask,youdon't get!"/"All they can say is No".

Load Metric
    Did they have like 2 out of 6 stations open like they did in 2019?

That was what was most infuriating to me.

At least this year they can hide behind COVID and claim they were having trouble hiring people, and nobody will be able to question it.
    Three lines, and players were buying in late to the $25,000 HORSE, so it was taking forever.

Load Metric
    Donked out of the O/8 at midnight. No problem, I’ll hit Diamond registration and buy into the Reunion at 10am. Here’s the line:
    Name:  53292BB6-7E2D-4BA2-A5B1-B0DDD7328702.jpeg
Views: 595
Size:  101.8 KB

Here’s the main line:
    Name:  2CD8323C-3999-49E9-AF31-06442EF8CFB4.jpeg
Views: 594
Size:  89.3 KB

Here’s the line for COVID clearance. That’s an hour minimum.
    Name:  06CE327F-B718-43CB-A4E9-30CF2F09DE05.jpeg
Views: 586
Size:  81.8 KB

Plan B. Get a Margarita, hit the room. Head back down in two hours. Definitely glad I’m staying here.

Comments

shoeshine box: Always I Preached, "Stay On property' as fkd as it is ,it pays.

Forum Wars: "2021 WSOP, presented by Velo Nicotine Pouches and Lozenges" LOL, always takin' weird sponsors

Thread Information