Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please post in this thread if you are going to play in WSOP 2021 and plan on tweeting your chips or whatever

Silver
    Load Metric
    Heading out to play events 30, 33 and 35. Overpaid to stay at the RIO but whatever, cant wait

Comments

Belly Buster: gl

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Okay, new plan.
    I am going back to play in the Super Seniors on October 31. This will lead right in to the Main Event, which I will enter if I can cash for 8k or so. Or maybe I'll be so tilted after doing something stupid to bust out of the Senior's that I'll just enter the main anyway.
    My wife said, (How can they make that a four day event? Won't everyone be asleep by the end of day 2)?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Any of you plan to tweet for those events?

Load Metric
    Did Micon #pfa28 for his deep PLO run?
    Last edited by jsearles22; 10-16-2021 at 10:05 AM.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Sorry, no tweets because I still suck at poker. Helmuth got his 16th bracelet and I got to celebrate my 16th year of complete and total failure.

I did find everything to be better organized now and I would recommend going to anyone who is hesitant or concerned. It took me 5 minutes to register using the CLEAR App and there was no line. It was really nice having cooler weather than the normal June-July 110+ heat. Wish they would change the schedule and have the WSOP every year during Oct-Nov.

Also, if you are staying at the RIO and don't want to stray too far food, I actually recommend going to the Dennys across the street (on the Palms side of Flamingo). I don't remember it being there for a long period of time but I could be wrong. It's a 15-20 minute walk. Yes, I know it's Dennys and I am very picky when it comes to food. But the place was spotless inside and they are not gouging you with the prices. The breakfast was way better than I expected.

Comments

country978: youll getem next time
    Last edited by JoeD; 10-18-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    Sorry, no tweets because I still suck at poker. Helmuth got his 16th bracelet and I got to celebrate my 16th year of complete and total failure.

I did find everything to be better organized now and I would recommend going to anyone who is hesitant or concerned. It took me 5 minutes to register using the CLEAR App and there was no line. It was really nice having cooler weather than the normal June-July 110+ heat. Wish they would change the schedule and have the WSOP every year during Oct-Nov.

Also, if you are staying at the RIO and don't want to stray too far food, I actually recommend going to the Dennys across the street (on the Palms side of Flamingo). I don't remember it being there for a long period of time but I could be wrong. It's a 15-20 minute walk. Yes, I know it's Dennys and I am very picky when it comes to food. But the place was spotless inside and they are not gouging you with the prices. The breakfast was way better than I expected.
    For those wondering, the area isn't the best, and I wouldn't recommend doing this walk to Denny's at night. During the day is fine, though.

Your registration with the CLEAR app was fast because you showed up in the middle of the series. Had you been there at the beginning, it would've been a clusterfuck.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

For those wondering, the area isn't the best, and I wouldn't recommend doing this walk to Denny's at night. During the day is fine, though.

Your registration with the CLEAR app was fast because you showed up in the middle of the series. Had you been there at the beginning, it would've been a clusterfuck.
    I agree I would not take the walk across the street at night. I personally did not encounter any sketchiness but have heard and read stories obviously. Also, Caesars is apparently too cheap to hire a guard to check room key access before entering the elevators, at least for the Ipanema Tower. Did not see one key checker the entire trip, which I was not thrilled about. Seriously, what could the labor cost be to post one person downstairs to at least give a minimal impression of some room security.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I agree I would not take the walk across the street at night. I personally did not encounter any sketchiness but have heard and read stories obviously. Also, Caesars is apparently too cheap to hire a guard to check room key access before entering the elevators, at least for the Ipanema Tower. Did not see one key checker the entire trip, which I was not thrilled about. Seriously, what could the labor cost be to post one person downstairs to at least give a minimal impression of some room security.
    The guard at the Ipanema tower in past years was laughably only there on weekend nights.

So if you're hiring an outcall hooker to come up to your hotel room on Saturday night, the guard will be right there preventing her from getting in that elevator.

If some hoodlum is looking to mug you in the hallway on Wednesday night after you return from a cash game or WSOP event, he can freely roam where he pleases.

Thread Information