Thread: Feelgood story? Poker pro MJ Gonzales buys a guy with terminal brain cancer into Main Event and lets him keep all potential winnings

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Feelgood story? Poker pro MJ Gonzales buys a guy with terminal brain cancer into Main Event and lets him keep all potential winnings

https://twitter.com/therealmjpoker/status/1453370845649276930

There's also a Gofundme which people are donating to, regarding Michael Graydon's medical bills and general support: https://www.gofundme.com/f/2dj4s05kr...ource=customer

The Gofundme says that he has "Low Grade Glioma", which is some kind of brain cancer. According to what I googled, many with Low Grade Glioma can be cured, but he says that his can't be because of its location. In the incurable situation, it tends to kill people within 4-13 years.

I believe the guy's situation is legit, but how painful would it be to the poker community if this guy is just broke and making all this up, wins the Main on the free buyin, and bounces?

That would be epic, and would put all PFA fake cancers to shame.

Comments

simpdog: great story

Load Metric
    RIP CMONEY

Comments

nunbeater: lmao

Jayjami: Lol2

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I am in shock, I just talked to him two hours ago. Wow. Unreal

Load Metric
    Really nice gesture by the two players. Guy seems to have young kids, so let’s hope he makes it closer to the 13 years rather than the lesser number.

Epic seems a weird choice of a word to describe some scenario where the guy is lying. Usually I hear epic used to describe something cool or awesome. Disgusting seems more accurate. I’m sure you didn’t mean it that way, but it just struck me as anything but epic.

Load Metric
    Should have really capitalized on that LPR when you had the chance.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    In a weird twist, Druff no longer gets stakes after the fake cancer happened.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Thanks for sharing the story, Druff. This isn't the 1st time I've heard discussions on PFA about people faking cancer. Did someone named chinamaniac do that? I'm curious to know how this came about so if anyone wants to tell me the story or point me to the right thread I'd like to know about it. I seem to remember a person chinamaniac on the show in earlier years?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I hear its not in his bones yet.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Thanks for sharing the story, Druff. This isn't the 1st time I've heard discussions on PFA about people faking cancer. Did someone named chinamaniac do that? I'm curious to know how this came about so if anyone wants to tell me the story or point me to the right thread I'd like to know about it. I seem to remember a person chinamaniac on the show in earlier years?
    Just know Druff wasn’t culpable. Sure he knew and didn’t say anything, but he also had a lump in his throat.

Comments

1marley1: Exactly this
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    CMoney actually just got stuck in his washing machine. NBD. Thought it was cancer.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    C$ CAN I HAVE A STAKE IN THE MAIN THIS YEAR DAWG

Comments

garrett: Worth the shot lolz, if still alive youre the man C$ much love sir...

Load Metric
    Very nice story and kind of him to do for sure

I have actually now seen this MJ Gonzales in and around the Zed stuff, and he has an Analytics site too for Zed as well. This was super kind, and generous of him to do for sure, now im going to root for him, and well someday maybe beat him at Zed, if we race lol. Also I didn't know that MJ Gonzales was actually a known Poker Pro, and not important but i just myself, haven't heard of him before recently and now here and Zed I guess. So kind to do, good to see warm stories around poker for sure.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

I have actually now seen this MJ Gonzales in and around the Zed stuff, and he has an Analytics site too for Zed as well. This was super kind, and generous of him to do for sure, now im going to root for him, and well someday maybe beat him at Zed, if we race lol. Also I didn't know that MJ Gonzales was actually a known Poker Pro, and not important but i just myself, haven't heard of him before recently and now here and Zed I guess. So kind to do, good to see warm stories around poker for sure.
    Jesus Garrett that’s a completely different MJ.

and can’t believe you sold beauty for a shitty naka - I offered to buy it from you 20 times
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

and can’t believe you sold beauty for a shitty naka - I offered to buy it from you 20 times
    Ohh lol, oops I thought that Zed MJ was this one my bad. And yes I sold a buterin but now I own a z4 Nakamoto, and honestly this whole ide Genesis other then needed to start the game here and Zed, that's what Genesis horses were needed for. To start building the zed ecosystem, and honestly I really thought about this too, and here is the thing answer me sincerely too.

Other then created by Zed and to be the first Genesis horses in Zed, they don't create better babies bc they are genies, wo what exactly does a Genesis horse which was given to you for free, why to you does that have some insane value. Clearly I don't view it the same, and I sold my Genesis horse and now own own z4 Nakamotot, which very importantly Willie, uts a Nakamoto the lest supplied in the game, for a reason to build Zed.

So why Willie do you think i care about being a silly Capitalist, which I'm not ND Zed for me is honestly justice needed new fun, DFS is old and boring, so for me Zed is just a new game I guess, next level game involving Crypto so I'm in love.

But why Willie do you think these Genesis horses which were too tart Zed have some super human abilities and they do not. Pearly so I dold mine and I'm happy I'm now the proud owner of a Nakammoto....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

Ohh lol, oops I thought that Zed MJ was this one my bad.

And yes I sold a buterin but now I own a z4 Nakamoto, and honestly this whole ide Genesis other then needed to start the game here and Zed, that's what Genesis horses were needed for. To start building the zed ecosystem, and honestly I really thought about this too, and here is the thing answer me sincerely too.

Other then created by Zed and to be the first Genesis horses in Zed, they don't create better babies bc they are genies, wo what exactly does a Genesis horse which was given to you for free, why to you does that have some insane value. Clearly I don't view it the same, and I sold my Genesis horse and now own own z4 Nakamotot, which very importantly Willie, its a Nakamoto. The lest supplied in the game, for a reason to build Zed. I want Nakamotos to build with Willie not buterins, I want to win I sNt the Nakas and for future unspoken reasons just put it that way.

So why Willie do you think i care about being a silly Capitalist, which I'm not ND Zed for me is honestly justice needed new fun, DFS is old and boring, so for me Zed is just a new game I guess, next level game involving Crypto so I'm in love.

But why Willie do you think these Genesis horses which were to start Zed. They don't have some super abilities because they are Genesis horses. And they do not. So I sold mine and I'm happy I'm now the proud owner of a Nakammoto....

Load Metric
    Meanwhile thousands of “pros” are hoping he ends up at their table.

Any edge in a storm, right?

Thread Information