Thread: David Lee Roth ROCKS Vegas!!!!!11

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

David Lee Roth ROCKS Vegas!!!!!11

Name:  roth.png
Views: 492
Size:  1.24 MB

https://www.vhnd.com/2021/09/27/davi...gas-residency/

The last "residency" he had, in early 2020, was poorly reviewed. This is one dude who should have retired years ago.

Here was one of the disasterous songs he performed:

He's almost 67, so it's understandable why he doesn't have the vocals he once did, but when that occurs it's time to shut it down.

Keep in mind that I was a big fan of his work with Van Halen, as many 1980s kids were.

Comments

Jayjami: Just awful. I should red rep you.

Load Metric
    Yeah, things sure have definitely changed since "1984"...

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  10.6 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    "I don't know what I'm doin"...Truer words were never spoken

Jesus Christ that was fucking awful. And people paid money for this?!

This kind of reminds me of your standard slobbering drunk at your local semi-shithole bar grabbing the mic on the karaoke machine at 2am - the only difference is most of them still sang better than this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    1. His singing isn’t that much different than the 80’s, backup band back then covered a lot better.

2. He is still kickin, gotta give him props for that. Eddie baled on life.

3. Walter still has his poster up in his bedroom.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Never did but that is funny.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    1. His singing isn’t that much different than the 80’s, backup band back then covered a lot better.

Roth is the ultimate narcissist. He has no real talent except for the look at me gene.

Eddie bailed on life? I don't recall any story of him jumping or hanging himself.

You are whacked.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Roth is the ultimate narcissist. He has no real talent except for the look at me gene.

Eddie bailed on life? I don't recall any story of him jumping or hanging himself.

You are whacked.

Yes she is.

Comments

splitthis: Lib shill

Silver
    Load Metric
    I guess he realized that he's washed up and just announced the Roth retirement after these last few Vegas shows.

https://ew.com/music/david-lee-roth-retiring-van-halen/

RIP. You were great in the 80s with my monster rock speakers

Load Metric
    Never understood the hate by a lot of Van Halen diehards towards Sammy Hagar. Roth led Van Halen never had a #1 album, the closest they ever got was #2 with 1984. With the exception of Jump which is iconic, the rest of that album sucked.

Meanwhile, all 4 albums under Sammy Hagar went to #1, even the 1995 Balance which was not very good.

David Lee Roth truly was carried by Eddie Van Halen, his solo career was a total unmitigated disaster. Usually lead singers from huge bands that branch out on their own do well. Lionel Ritchie, Phil Collins, Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Dr. Dre, etc.. But David Lee Roth was fucking awful the day he left Van Halen, remember that train wreck California Girls he ripped off from the Beach Boys? People might not remember he also landed his own morning show on Sirius, which lasted less than a year and was canceled because it was unlistenable. Guy really never had any real talent, but he had the late 70s and early 80s look, including the hairy chest which obviously is completely frowned upon now.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Never understood the hate by a lot of Van Halen diehards towards Sammy Hagar. Roth led Van Halen never had a #1 album, the closest they ever got was #2 with 1984. With the exception of Jump which is iconic, the rest of that album sucked.

Meanwhile, all 4 albums under Sammy Hagar went to #1, even the 1995 Balance which was not very good.

David Lee Roth truly was carried by Eddie Van Halen, his solo career was a total unmitigated disaster. Usually lead singers from huge bands that branch out on their own do well. Lionel Ritchie, Phil Collins, Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Dr. Dre, etc.. But David Lee Roth was fucking awful the day he left Van Halen, remember that train wreck California Girls he ripped off from the Beach Boys? People might not remember he also landed his own morning show on Sirius, which lasted less than a year and was canceled because it was unlistenable. Guy really never had any real talent, but he had the late 70s and early 80s look, including the hairy chest which obviously is completely frowned upon now.
    For me at least, back then it was all about playing the vinyl as loud and often as possible. I liked both versions of Van Halen but there are always purists on one side and others on the other side.

With KISS for example, I always liked Peter Criss and Ace Frehley and feel that is the real KISS since that's how it started back in the 70s.

Load Metric
    It's a miracle that he lasted this long.

He partied too hard and did too many drugs in the 1980's and 1990's.

Load Metric

Comments

DJ_Chaps: This

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

N.W.A. homie.

I was too young for when Van Halen apexed but agree, I liked the Hagar albums just as much as earlier stuff.

Boomer cucks will always bristle for a replacement like that, though.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

N.W.A. homie.

I was too young for when Van Halen apexed but agree, I liked the Hagar albums just as much as earlier stuff.

I mean, NWA was not a band, and even if you want to qualify hip-hop groups as bands, Dr Dre was far from being the lead singer.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

N.W.A. homie.

I mean, NWA was not a band, and even if you want to qualify hip-hop groups as bands, Dr Dre was far from being the lead singer.
    NWA's initial album went triple platinum and they effectively started the era of gangsta rap. Dre was an initial member and wrote most of the songs along with Cube. He branched out on his own and became a billionaire. I think you missed my point which is not unusual since you never have been terribly bright.

Load Metric

NWA's initial album went triple platinum and they effectively started the era of gangsta rap. Dre was an initial member and wrote most of the songs along with Cube. He branched out on his own and became a billionaire. I think you missed my point which is not unusual since you never have been terribly bright.
    The point that you apparently don't know what a band or a lead singer are?

Any hip-hop historian worth their salt will tell you that during NWA's peak, Dre was no higher than 3rd on the pecking order. Cube and Easy carried the group...in a "lead singer" sense.
    Last edited by gut; 10-04-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Load Metric

Any hip-hop historian worth their salt will tell you that during NWA's peak, Dre was no higher than 3rd on the pecking order. Cube and Easy carried the group...in a "lead singer" sense.
    Here is a modern history lesson for you. Easy has been DEAD for 25 years, and Cube while a nice career is worth like 10% of Dre. Dre won. Nobody gives a shit about the other guys in the band.

Get some business about yourself and stop debating a subject you are clearly overmatched on.

Gold
    Load Metric

Here is a modern history lesson for you. Easy has been DEAD for 25 years, and Cube while a nice career is worth like 10% of Dre. Dre won. Nobody gives a shit about the other guys in the band.

Get some business about yourself and stop debating a subject you are clearly overmatched on.
    no way gull. we can like them all. Yes dre won but eazy mutha fuckin e was no joke and better than ice.

Load Metric

David Lee Roth truly was carried by Eddie Van Halen, his solo career was a total unmitigated disaster. Usually lead singers from huge bands that branch out on their own do well. Lionel Ritchie, Phil Collins, Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Dr. Dre, etc.. But David Lee Roth was fucking awful the day he left Van Halen.
    Axl Rose had a nice solo career. Just occurs to me similarities can be found between Roth & Rose.

Never cared too much about longevity and spin offs. How an album hit me in that moment is all I remember. We all have our list. I do not dismiss a great artist or album because 10 more didn’t follow.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric

DRE WAS NEVER LEAD SINGER OF ANYTHING. STAY ON TOPIC BUB
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Thread Information