Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
How is Wuhan Lab/Bioweapon a "conspiracy"?

That's pretty much what really happened.
^From January this year. Still crickets about that bioweapon part. There's few more posts from last year how it's engineered. If only we had another flu variant that had killed millions in few years, we could a have a better guess how necessary it was to engineer Covid-19.

"few idiots added conspiracies onto the lab leak theory"- Dan Druff in September
It's not unreasonable to discuss whether or not it was intended as a bioweapon. It's more likely that it was gain-of-function research escaping, but unless you trust China not to be developing bioweapons behind the scenes, that discussion also needs to be had.

The "conspiracy" stuff came from the claims that this was deliberately released by China to crash the world economy, and other claims like that.

I don't feel like digging into google for 2020 articles now, but mainstream media repeatedly told everyone that "experts" concluded that the lab leak theory was false, and I even remember seeing that exact statement on the Twitter sidebar, which is used by the platform to "correct misinformation" on current hot-button topics.

The biggest problem came from the complete shutdown of the discussion of the lab leak theory. Healthy debate is fine, and I don't fault people who come down on the opposite side of the lab leak theory. However, even considering the possibility of the lab leak theory being true was a sin in the eyes of the left and the mainstream media... until Trump lost, and then it was fine to consider.