Thread: If you're into music

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

If you're into music

You must invest in a good pair of headphones. Ear/air pods are child's play compared to a company
    out of Brooklyn. Grado. You can pay excessive amounts for their top of of the line but they don't screw you
    if you're on the cheap. You can literally pay a couple of hundred to thousands. I will never pay top dollar but the less expensive models will still rock your world.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    You must invest in a good pair of headphones. Ear/air pods are child's play compared to a company
    out of Brooklyn. Grado. You can pay excessive amounts for their top of of the line but they don't screw you
    if you're on the cheap. You can literally pay a couple of hundred to thousands. I will never pay top dollar but the less expensive models will still rock your world.
    Try some Sennheisers. They’re the shit.

Banned
    Load Metric
    5 years ago, I bought a pair of Sony ear phones and they've held up for well for all the abuse Ive put them through. Is Sony a respected brand in the industry?

Last edited by lawnmower man; 09-28-2021 at 11:16 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lawnmower man View Post
    5 years ago, I bought a pair of Sony ear phones and they've held up for well for all the abuse Ive put them through. Is Sony a respected brand in the industry?

Sony WH-1000XM4 gets good reviews

I've tried other brands but I always go back to my Bose QuietComfort noise-canceling over ear or ear buds.
    I use them mostly in the gym or on the trails or occasionally during a long poker session, especially if there are relentlessly annoying people at the table.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I have a JBL clip 4 Bluetooth speaker that i use when i roll around in my wheelchair. I would rather use headphones but i like to be able to hear horns and such. When i played live i had a decent pair of headphones that i used.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    I've had the HD 600's for like 20 years now. Open back ain't for everyone or every situation, but I'm only using them inside at nite or in the morning, not on the train or whatever. Bought them when I worked for Tweeter Etc, my gf's dad was a Bose guy who tried them on after I bought them, and he grabbed a pair of them the next day. They're still the fucking bomb. Comfortable, too, as they should be.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I use Philips SHP9500, they are only 75 on amazon right now. they are open back so not the best for bass but great sound quality, light and comfortable enough to wear for hours without noticing they're on and cheap enough to leave on the floor accidentally step on and break

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

hard core Country station on SPREAKER / "trucker jukebox" videos on you tube

9 finger Jukebox/(kids wear gloves in cold weather working outside.)

https://www.spreaker.com/user/trucke...e-with-jukebox

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    I've had the HD 600's for like 20 years now. Open back ain't for everyone or every situation, but I'm only using them inside at nite or in the morning, not on the train or whatever. Bought them when I worked for Tweeter Etc, my gf's dad was a Bose guy who tried them on after I bought them, and he grabbed a pair of them the next day. They're still the fucking bomb. Comfortable, too, as they should be.
    have had 3 pairs of Sennheisers all wireless sound was very good in a quiet atmosphere also the sound leaked from the open back, little fragile too. the last pair i had were these HDR 220 still use them a bit.

Name:  IMG_8219.jpeg
Views: 134
Size:  2.84 MB

have started using Bose noise canceling have had a few pair the older ones qc35 only had a 8 hr battery and i needed more battery life so i found these Bose noise nx700 20 hr battery haptic touch controls good fit not to heavy overall the best head phones i have ever had and better price than the sennheiseers.

Name:  IMG_8217.jpeg
Views: 119
Size:  2.69 MB

Comments

Crowe Diddly: headphone chpice definitely changes due to surroundings rep
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    have had 3 pairs of Sennheisers all wireless sound was very good in a quiet atmosphere also the sound leaked from the open back, little fragile too. the last pair i had were these HDR 220 still use them a bit.

have started using Bose noise canceling have had a few pair the older ones qc35 only had a 8 hr battery and i needed more battery life so i found these Bose noise nx700 20 hr battery haptic touch controls good fit not to heavy overall the best head phones i have ever had and better price than the sennheiseers.

I had a pair of the Boss QC35 some years ago when I lived at the poker tables in AC, but eventually I was kinda glad someone there stole them from the table I was sitting one night after I placed them there to get them off of my head. Why? Because when the noise canceling was on, they produced an ever so faint high pitched buzz that I eventually found annoying. Other people I asked to try them to see if they heard the buzz said they couldn’t, but I could definitely hear it when they were on if I wasn’t listening to music with them. I guess I had better hearing in that Hertz range. Never got another Bose pair after they disappeared that night.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

I had a pair of the Boss QC35 some years ago when I lived at the poker tables in AC, but eventually I was kinda glad someone there stole them from the table I was sitting one night after I placed them there to get them off of my head. Why? Because when the noise canceling was on, they produced an ever so faint high pitched buzz that I eventually found annoying. Other people I asked to try them to see if they heard the buzz said they couldn’t, but I could definitely hear it when they were on if I wasn’t listening to music with them. I guess I had better hearing in that Hertz range. Never got another Bose pair after they disappeared that night.
    Ya there is defiantly something there, I sense a hissing sound when noise canceling turned on, perhaps you had a leek around the ear cups that could explain the high pitch noise you experienced. using noise canceling on a long flight is a game changer and can usually fall asleep with them on... I have used the qc35 and liked them but battery life is to low for me i will also change the ear cups once or twice a year helps a lot. the 700s are a big improvement!
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Thread Information