Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Missing White Woman: 2021 Edition (Gabby Petito)

Load Metric
    Man, the resources they are expending on this search is pretty laughable. Every day I’m reading the news I see some new effort at that reserve.

Law enforcement bodies, heavy equipment, sonar and divers, cadaver dogs, etc all out searching a nature reserve that I thought they had pretty much concluded he wasn’t at two weeks ago. Either some segment of law enforcement believe the family, or they are really running up the overtime for the local law enforcement on this thing. They could have built a local school with the $ they’ve had to drop searching that place.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Man, the resources they are expending on this search is pretty laughable. Every day I’m reading the news I see some new effort at that reserve.

Law enforcement bodies, heavy equipment, sonar and divers, cadaver dogs, etc all out searching a nature reserve that I thought they had pretty much concluded he wasn’t at two weeks ago. Either some segment of law enforcement believe the family, or they are really running up the overtime for the local law enforcement on this thing. They could have built a local school with the $ they’ve had to drop searching that place.
    If they were searching for a victim, the expenditures would be merited. He is a person of interest in a homicide. He is either dead, shit can happen in the wilderness, or he’s going to show up somewhere. It just ain’t that easy to “disappear” nowadays.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

If they were searching for a victim, the expenditures would be merited. He is a person of interest in a homicide. He is either dead, shit can happen in the wilderness, or he’s going to show up somewhere. It just ain’t that easy to “disappear” nowadays.
    I think I know what you’re saying and I agree.

He’s no real threat except to TikTok stars perhaps.

This story’s traction is so random. If the news cycle were different at the story’s birth of course none of the effort or expenditure is made.

I have a really hard time getting interested in this.

Isn’t the story about the South Carolina lawyer who murdered his maid and family more fun? Stages his own murder. Lawyers, amirite?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Yes, but involuntary manslaughter is not murder.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-15-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

This story’s traction is so random. If the news cycle were different at the story’s birth of course none of the effort or expenditure is made.

Isn’t the story about the South Carolina lawyer who murdered his maid and family more fun? Stages his own murder. Lawyers, amirite?
    This. I have tried to get into this story but for whatever reason this is not OJ, Casey Anthony of Jeffrey Epstein for that matter. This simply does not rise to that level for whatever reason. This story almost seems manufactured for whatever reason. I am just not interested in this one. I mean if she was chucked off a cliff that would be interesting, but a random choke job in a woods, meh,

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

If the lawyer scum/family scion who had scammed his own firm and bailed on making the agreed-upon wrongful death settlement monies was a Democrat, I’m sure that Druff would have already started a thread on the story and talked about how this was an example of a liberal being an utter hypocrite or something like that.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Actually a radio listener sent me that weird lawyer story when it was first getting noticed, and that was one of the first days I was sick. I meant to start a thread, but fell back asleep and forgot about it.

Anyway, back to the Petito thing. It's "interesting" because it combines various elements the media and public love:

1) Missing/murdered pretty young white woman

2) Modern social media & influencer angle

3) Ongoing mystery -- first what happened to Gabby, now where is Brian?

4) Perpetrator is a straight white male, so media can go balls out vilifying him without worrying about pushback

Regarding #4, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve vilification. He definitely does. But I'm saying that if Brian were black, this story would have died a long time ago. On the flip side, if both Brian and Gabby were black (or over 40), this story wouldn't have made national news in the first place.

Load Metric
    Exactly, the money wasted on this is insane. Hundreds of blacks will be killed by other blacks in October where a report is taken and everyone moves on, but this guy gets National publicity daily.

Hell Walter has probably done more damage to the general public than Laundry has done on a weekly basis. And I mean with his views toward hard work and success in life, by no means saying damage to kids in his community just to be clear.

Load Metric
    With the massive amount of resources they are spending searching the reserve, they obviously believe there is a good chance he is there.

I think its a possibility Mr. and Mrs. Laundrie took a polygraph test as to his suspected location. Obviously it would only be regarding his location and not the actual case/homicide it self.

I just can not see how they would spend this amount of money and resources without near certainty that he is there.

Load Metric
    Ive been following the Murdaugh story for awhile. Fascinating story. Small town influence gone wrong.

A great fiction writer couldn't come up with that whole story.

Comments

Sanlmar: Infinitely better murder story

Load Metric
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/human-rem...181434461.html

Human remains were found on Wednesday in a Florida wilderness area where authorities were searching for Brian Laundrie, the fiance of Gabby Petito, a young woman who vanished on a road trip with Laundrie, MSNBC reported, citing a senior law enforcement official.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    "Investigators found what appeared to be human remains, along with personal items ... belonging to Brian Laundrie," the FBI said. The investigation was continuing."

Game over, man.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Turned out the guy helsed himself right there in North Port.

Load Metric
    kid murdered his twin brother to throw yall off the scent and yall just went for it.

couldnt be me.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    dang beat me to it very unsatisfying result. My guess was family gave him money and he was either on Applachian trail or Mexico.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 10-20-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Load Metric
    Brian Laundrie's death not confirmed.

It would be funny if they find the body of Dog The Bounty Hunter instead of Brian Laundrie.

The body that the police find could be another victim.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Ive been following the Murdaugh story for awhile. Fascinating story. Small town influence gone wrong.

A great fiction writer couldn't come up with that whole story.

Judge put hm in again today..too much $$$ to stay free. he cried...

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

Life in Jail No parole. in WYOMING(COLD) not Fla.

or this....

IDK, gee, after reading about that Moroccan boy, maybe life won't be bad if you can choose a cellie!!??

He def woulda got Raped a Bit... Negative

Life is Life .... Positive....

MIGHt have got off w/a crime of Passion w/a jew lawyer and a bit of Gamble,some balls..... but then again beating up on 5ft broads aint a Man no how....

Biblical Old Testament,NO, But as close as Gabby's family get to justice.

I would not Rule out he killed a homeless man....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Turned out the guy helsed himself right there in North Port.
    Family attorney Steve Bertolino told CNN's Chris Cuomo that the Laundrie parents -- making their first visit to the park since its reopening -- helped with the discovery. "As happenstance was, they stumbled upon these items," he said.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah I'm guessing the family knew where he was the whole time, and only started "helping" when it seemed obvious he was dead, probably from lack of whatever cryptic contact he was supposed to make to indicate he was okay.

I guess the only remaining question is whether he killed himself or died somehow in the elements, but suicide is the huge favorite here.

Load Metric
    Parents absolutely knew where he was. Probably went for walks with him and knew his preferences about the trails they went on.

Thread Information