Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 277

Thread: Missing White Woman: 2021 Edition (Gabby Petito)

  1. #161

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Apparently she was seen on August 27, at a restaurant in Jackson, WY.

    Brian Laundrie had an "incident" at the Merry Piglets Tex-Mex restaurant there, where he was yelling at a waitress, and Gabby was "in tears". The restaurant verified that this occurred, but said there's no video of the incident, and they wouldn't give futher details.

    Anyway, that's a confirmation of Gabby being seen alive on August 27, as well as confirmation that Brian was agitated that day. I'm guessing the murder occurred not too long after that. He was probably in a bad mood over something that happened at the restaurant, she was freaking out, a fight happened, and he killed her somehow.

    August 27 was the same day that a really weird text came from Gabby's phone to her mom, calling her grandfather "Stan", even though she never called him by his first name. That was probably sent by Brian shortly after the murder, in a desperate attempt to make it look like she was still alive.
    Isn't there still a chance he killed the rug munchers? Maybe she was freaking out about that and he eventually came to the conclusion that there's no way she'd be able to keep her mouth shout about it so he killed her too.

    Or she was having a hard time restraining Laundry-man from squealing them out for the 2 ladies.....
    He got squealer in him we seen, as he told his folks....!?

    Arguing in Mex. rest. ,(prob tequila involved)about turning themselves in,GABBY declines, he gets upset....Murph's her........we find out.

     
    Comments
      
      IamGreek: Ruled out as suspect of the 2 women

  2. #162
    Arrest warrant issued by FBI

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Arrest warrant issued by FBI
    Arrest warrant issued for fraud. He used Gabby's Credit card on 8/31 and 9/1.

  4. #164

    The GREEK verified my version as Hyperbole,a bolgna scenario...everyone knew it but me....They cleared him ey?/means a dbl homicideer is running loose....

    Seems to happen quite a bit.....??!!!

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by PositiveVariance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Arrest warrant issued by FBI
    Arrest warrant issued for fraud. He used Gabby's Credit card on 8/31 and 9/1.
    What if he gets convicted of credit card fraud but not murder?



     
    Comments
      
      shoeshine box: They grasping at straws with these charges...(eating g popcorn emoji here)
      
      PositiveVariance: I think it will be easy to prove he had permission to use her card, and probably has done so many times.

  6. #166
    We have all see indictments for murder with far less evidence than they have in this case. It really makes me wonder what method was used to kill her?

    I find it crazy how someone with no criminal history or a violent past can flip and kill there fiance, even if she did assault him or slap him around a bit. How do you get so mad to where you strangle someone to death? Which is a fairly long process. 10 seconds in, how do you not ask yourself "What the fuck am I doing?" and let go.

    Here is my guess...
    On the news it showed a cross that Gabby's step father made. He used rocks that appeared to be about softball sized that he layed on the ground in the shape of a cross. It also showed some of these rocks close by. Did he bring them? Or were they already there? My guess is he hit her over the head with one of these decent size rocks. There is not much out there that he could have killed her with. After the police interaction on August 12th, about 2.5 weeks past before he killed her. I think every couple should have to spent an endless amount of time together for a couple months prior to getting married.

    A news story said that when Brain left the house last Tuesday, he did not take his phone or wallet.
    Last edited by PositiveVariance; 09-23-2021 at 09:36 PM.

  7. #167
    I think heís already dead.

  8. #168
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7093
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44,526
    Blog Entries
    2
    Don't read too much into the reason for the arrest warrant. They just need something semi-plausible to arrest him for, and then they can build a better case in the meantime regarding murder, which is the ultimate goal.

    Now, I am definitely not underestimating the ability of the FBI and small town police to fuck things up, but the arrest warrant for "unauthorized use of devices" is good enough for now.

    Their major screwup was not even attempting to get a warrant to search the home during the early stages. They also had enough evidence back then to issue an arrest warrant like the one they have now, so that's another major screwup.

    They thought they were being clever waiting him out, and instead they were left looking like chumps.

    As BCR said, he might be dead anyway, so it could end up being a moot point.

  9. #169
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    585
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Don't read too much into the reason for the arrest warrant. They just need something semi-plausible to arrest him for, and then they can build a better case in the meantime regarding murder, which is the ultimate goal.

    Now, I am definitely not underestimating the ability of the FBI and small town police to fuck things up, but the arrest warrant for "unauthorized use of devices" is good enough for now.

    Their major screwup was not even attempting to get a warrant to search the home during the early stages. They also had enough evidence back then to issue an arrest warrant like the one they have now, so that's another major screwup.

    They thought they were being clever waiting him out, and instead they were left looking like chumps.

    As BCR said, he might be dead anyway, so it could end up being a moot point.

    I thought he helsd himself at first, but the more I think about it I think he is trying to hide/escape. If he had guilt from whatever happened, he would have just done it out there. Why bother driving home? Highly doubt his folks are telling him to go kill himself.

    I'm guessing they'll find him somewhere soon. Hard to disappear for long anymore, especially when you are on the front page everywhere.

  10. #170
    I personally now believe it’s about a 50/50 chance he’s dead/alive.

    In Florida he is somewhat limited as far as secluded areas that are primarily gator-free dry land. A lot of swamp infested bull shit.


    Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming is 485 square miles, a tad bit smaller than Los Angeles at
    503 square miles.

    Yellowstone National Park is almost 3,500 square miles, bigger than Rhode Island and Delaware combined.

    Plenty of hiding places in the USA. However, I don’t think he is in either one of these places.

    My guess is Florida or Puerto Rico. If he is in Florida he will need to buy food or hunt for it. Neighbors said sometime after he returned on Sept 1st but prior to him leaving last Tuesday, neighbors reported the family went camping. It’s a possibility they set him up a campsite. Keep in mind this was before any news media had reported on it. If he did go this route he probably thought he would be fine camping out for awhile. Now, anything shy of going to Puerto Rico, leaving the country, or living off the land in the middle of nowhere will eventually gets him caught. Even doing one of these can get him caught.

    I believe the parents know where he is at.

    This week they were searching the bottoms of the lakes/swamps in the Carlton Reserve in Florida. They would have almost had to get some sort of information that something is in these bodies of water. I just can’t see them searching them at random, bringing in all these specialized dive teams that can only see a couple feet, if that. As we know bodies float. I just can not see him weighing himself down to drown himself underwater. Damn near one of the worst ways to OFF yourself.




    If Brian had decided to kill her in a small zone of Yellowstone where a Jury may not be able to be selected, the law would get challenged:

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/6956880002/


    Putting the above aside, there is good and bad to if his crime happen to be on federal land. Which I’m not sure if it is. In Federal prison the time is easier as your with more white collar criminals. You don’t have as much “politics” and the “codes” as the state prisons have. The bulk of state prison sentences have to do with Meth (Using Meth, selling meth, committing criminal acts to buy meth, criminal acts fueled by meth). Downside to a federal sentence is no parole and your doing 87% of your sentence on good behavior. State prison you have a shot at partial sentence/parol.

     
    Comments
      
      1marley1: He’s either alive or dead. He could be back in Grand Teton? He could be in Yellowstone? Brilliant insights
      
      PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Fucktard offset
    Last edited by PositiveVariance; 09-24-2021 at 12:51 AM.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Don't read too much into the reason for the arrest warrant. They just need something semi-plausible to arrest him for, and then they can build a better case in the meantime regarding murder, which is the ultimate goal.

    Now, I am definitely not underestimating the ability of the FBI and small town police to fuck things up, but the arrest warrant for "unauthorized use of devices" is good enough for now.

    Their major screwup was not even attempting to get a warrant to search the home during the early stages. They also had enough evidence back then to issue an arrest warrant like the one they have now, so that's another major screwup.

    They thought they were being clever waiting him out, and instead they were left looking like chumps.

    As BCR said, he might be dead anyway, so it could end up being a moot point.

    I thought he helsd himself at first, but the more I think about it I think he is trying to hide/escape. If he had guilt from whatever happened, he would have just done it out there. Why bother driving home? Highly doubt his folks are telling him to go kill himself.

    I'm guessing they'll find him somewhere soon. Hard to disappear for long anymore, especially when you are on the front page everywhere.
    I’ve went back and forth. I hope on one hand they catch him alive as prison is worse than death plus we might get some answers. But even if he’s not dead, I think as they close on him, he’s thinking of himself as brave outdoors guy who can never be caged and offs himself.

    Plus, even though I’m sure he killed her from appearances, it said they were high school sweethearts. She was a lovely girl and while she might have had him nuts in that moment he lost it, I’m sure he already misses her and loved her in his own demented way. I struggle to see him going to prison for life. Also if he happens to be in that preserve, the wildlife guys says basically it’s not survivable for more than a few days. We will see. I hope they catch him. I hope if he’s dead they find him. Will be a little annoying if he got ate by a gator and we never know and he’s some legend.

     
    Comments
      
      1marley1: lol. Not survivable for a few days? You for real?

  12. #172
    Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Reputation
    861
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,373
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post


    I thought he helsd himself at first, but the more I think about it I think he is trying to hide/escape. If he had guilt from whatever happened, he would have just done it out there. Why bother driving home? Highly doubt his folks are telling him to go kill himself.

    I'm guessing they'll find him somewhere soon. Hard to disappear for long anymore, especially when you are on the front page everywhere.
    Iíve went back and forth. I hope on one hand they catch him alive as prison is worse than death plus we might get some answers. But even if heís not dead, I think as they close on him, heís thinking of himself as brave outdoors guy who can never be caged and offs himself.

    Plus, even though Iím sure he killed her from appearances, it said they were high school sweethearts. She was a lovely girl and while she might have had him nuts in that moment he lost it, Iím sure he already misses her and loved her in his own demented way. I struggle to see him going to prison for life. Also if he happens to be in that preserve, the wildlife guys says basically itís not survivable for more than a few days. We will see. I hope they catch him. I hope if heís dead they find him. Will be a little annoying if he got ate by a gator and we never know and heís some legend.
    Lets not get carried away here
    BIG MASSIVE DUMPS

  13. #173
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7093
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44,526
    Blog Entries
    2
    Intersetingly, despite many saying life in prison is worth than death, very few criminals facing the death penalty are willing to accept it. Almost all of them fight hard for life in prison instead, sometimes pleading guilty in order to take the death penalty off the table.

    The few that want to die tend to be those who feel guilty for what they did. You have almost zero cases of people trying to get the death penalty because they want to avoid life in prison. There are, of course, many who kill themselves when police close in, but often it's because they're either on a suicide mission, or their life has collapsed so badly that they just want to end it.

    I think the life-in-prison-or-death choice is one which you can't really answer until you're actually faced with it.

  14. #174
    Never been to prison, but I have watched many Youtube channels run by ex-cons as I find the true crime genre interesting. They pretty much all say it's not a place you want to be, but it's not nearly as bad as people think. It all depends on the prison and the security level of the prisoner. Many prisons have 100's of classes you can take. Get a degree, learn a trade, get a job in there, learn to cut hair, Many prisons you can play an instrument, have a cat, watch tv, teach a class, play cards, gamble, join a softball league, the list goes on. A low to mid level security you may be out of your cell 12 hours per day. Now if your in a penatentry and you act like a scumbag you may get locked up all day. If you make the most of it and stay out of trouble, you won't be staring at the wall all day.

    What gets you through it is HOPE. Hope that your sentence gets overturned, sentence gets reduced, changes in the law, Get a pardon. Slim chance on all but HOPE will get you through it regardless of how unrealistic your true odds of getting out soon may be.

     
    Comments
      
      Dan Druff: correct

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Intersetingly, despite many saying life in prison is worth than death, very few criminals facing the death penalty are willing to accept it. Almost all of them fight hard for life in prison instead, sometimes pleading guilty in order to take the death penalty off the table.

    The few that want to die tend to be those who feel guilty for what they did. You have almost zero cases of people trying to get the death penalty because they want to avoid life in prison. There are, of course, many who kill themselves when police close in, but often it's because they're either on a suicide mission, or their life has collapsed so badly that they just want to end it.

    I think the life-in-prison-or-death choice is one which you can't really answer until you're actually faced with it.
    I think itís because prisoners are way more religious than general public. Strange as that is. If youíre an atheist, I canít imagine choosing sixty years in prison and then death, over instant death. You think death is basically the long sleep. You rather sleep or spend it being the white guy in a prison full of Mexican and black dudes for sixty years with the same death at the end?

    Now if we had prisons like ad in Norway, which are nicer than most of our dorm rooms at schools, thatís different. Plus I think they get out in like 25. Iím assuming life for this kid. If itís 20, then itís a choice,

    Like i canít imagine how any atheist would choose an entire life in prison followed by death over simply death.

  16. #176

    Exclamation

    im laying 700/500. druff escrows & keeps 10% from winner to freeroll..

    I say the "Laundry-Man" is dead.

    Before the news come out..it is 12:43 am sat PST now..


    I bet even $ 100/100 that he "Murphed" (choked, strangled,smothered) her somehow. VS the field, shoot stab, bludgeon etc..

  17. #177

    Exclamation

    IMO, I shall be the first Human on the planet to get a Gabby Tattoo..



    If I could get a tattoo...

  18. #178
    There are so many elements of this case that I still have no grasp on despite it being in the news for two weeks now.

    Like these kids seemed broke. Living with his parents. Everything I read lately says the van was rented. Who rents a 9 year old van when Iím looking online and they seem to sell for like $9k? Where do you even rent a shitty 9 year old van for 4 months that allows you to convert it into some shitbox sleeper and put thousands of miles on it?

    I also see reports where she was talking on Instagram about converting HER van for the trip?

    Reports like this suggest it was her van.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...631455%3famp=1

    Then articles say this,

    ďThe pair shared their love of travel as they mapped out a new way to live after struggling to find the cash needed to pay for hotels.

    Their cash struggles influenced them to buy their white Ford Transit van before embarking on their cross-country road trip.Ē




    Then other things say itís a rented van.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/outside...i-seizing/amp/



    Are there two vans? Or just this one shitty Ford Transport?

    Seems hard to believe youíd rent an old van for multiple months.



    Iíve seen reports that say she owned it, they rented it, others that say they both did, so I donít even know why she was worried heíd ditch her if it was in both their names or it was her van? Iíd guess she was more just naive and he controlled her.

    I see she worked for a brief time as a pharmacy tech. They were high school sweethearts whoíve been out of school for like 4 and 5 years. He was a year ahead. They seem to bounce back and forth between Long Island where they are all from, but end up in Florida. Some reports have them moving to Florida in 2017, others in 2019.

    I see no mention of school as in college or anything. They say he doesnít appear to ever have had a job in some articles. Then other articles say they worked at a Publix grocery store.

    Pooh said that town is a complete shithole. I canít recall ever even being through North Port or even driving by it. Itís close to areas Iíve been around a lot, but donít know it?

    The kid and his girl were adults, so I assume his parents wanted him to do something with his life. I wouldnít assume they were supporting him, but I keep seeing reports that they are relatively wealthy. Like youíd think theyíd rather put them up in some shitty apartment rather than have their adult son and girlfriend living in their guest room. I assumed when this first broke that they stayed there for like a brief time before their trip, but it says they lived there since 2019.

    The parents have a modest 1400 square foot home they bought for $120k in 2015. It isnít some mansion.

    But they also had a condo during the period the kids lived with them in Venice that was modest. They sold that this past year.

    They also bought another home in North Port in January of 2020 for $128k, and it remained vacant the entire time they owned it, and they just sold it in July of this year for $140k. All while their kid and his girl were in their guest room, they have a vacant house in the same town. They also had their home in Long Island they also bought in 2015, same year they bought house in Florida, and eventually sold it in 2018. It bought and sold for basically what they paid.

    That house they bought there in town is the most interesting to me as it makes you wonder why? You can guess.

    Like all this is indicative of nothing by itself, but his parents are kind of older relative to him. His dad is like 62, mom late 50s. Seems whatever this juicing business they started, itís kind of a later in life point to start a new business, but whatever, maybe they stumbled into something and seem to be having some success.

    Itís just strange. Iíve seen anecdotes the kid was maybe a little on the spectrum. The police raided his bedroom and its kind of like a room youíd expect to see a high school kid have, not a kid living with his girlfriend. Posters on wall. I mean itís pretty pathetic to be with your high school girlfriend, no kids, both out of school for 5 years now and living with your parents with no obvious reason why?

    I mean when the story broke you kind of wonder who are these kids? It seems the more it comes into focus, just kind of clueless and aimless from all appearances.

    Then itís really strange for his parents to have a vacant home sitting there in the same town while your recently engaged kid is living with you.

    There is just something that feels off about the whole thing.

    Like the most common sense thing is his parents have a little success, decide to move to Florida, and keep hoping their weird kid figures out what he wants to do with his life.

    Heís got this really pretty girlfriend who has been his girlfriend since they all lived up in Long Island. They know her well, but probably realize neither has a clue and hope to motivate them and help them get it together. But they arenít just going to give them a house and life when they canít even support themselves in their early 20s yet.

    Theyíre all up in Long Island originally at the point these two start dating.

    Parents decide to move to Florida, but also buy a house in Long Island same year, maybe because the kid and the girlfriend are still up there? Maybe the parents just want to go back and forth originally?

    Iím just guessing, but these donít seem like investment properties. They didnít turn a profit of any real sort on any. No talk of renters. Modest homes for the areas.

    Then the kid and girl decide they want to move to Florida. So they move in with parents in 2019, eventually get engaged, but strike me as aimless.

    Iím guessing like a lot of parents, they are willing to help out, but they arenít going to support this kid and his girl forever.

    They seem to have a lot of drama. Break up and get back together, which is probably why story is confusing as to it seems theyíve lived in Florida since she graduated, but then you see reports of her recently living in Long Island. Iím guessing they break up and she goes home for a bit and then comes back.

    Parents Iím guessing buy this house down there in 2020 with the idea their kid and his new wife will eventually move into it, because why else are they buying a modest house in the same town that just sits vacant, and then their dopey son and possibly troubled girlfriend decide they are going to live the van life and become social media influencers, so they say fuck it and just sell the house for basically what they paid for it? It was always vacant, and they sell it a year later?

    The timing of selling it in July right when these two are planning this trip when they just bought it a year earlier seems telling.

    Itís not like itís some expensive property thatís going to break them, so it doesnít make much sense, but seems most likely theyíre trying to get their kid to grow up and give him a little motivation, yet he doesnít want to take it.

    I can imagine them saying, hey, get a job or a plan and here is your first house? The kid is 23 by this point and his girl 22.

    All pure conjecture, but looking at the nature of their real estate purchases, Iíd guess they are hoping to motivate him.

    Anyway, his parents clearly were covering for him and running interference. If these reports are accurate, then it seems he could be anywhere with a 4 day head start if they wanted to help him financially. Iím not sure they did though.

    I mean they had like two weeks between when he got back until the story broke before everything they did would be scrutinized. If they were going to cover for him anyway, why didnít they throw him a few $ to flee?

    Really strikes me like maybe as they got older, they started to have a little business success, and a few $, but had this kid living there that they didnít know what to do with? They tried different things, but he just didnít have any plan.

    They were willing to help him to a point, but only if he helped himself. Iím guessing he felt pressure. I would guess the engagement might even be him trying to get it together or because he felt pressured to grow up, but then he, or both of them decide to lead this van life and his parents say fuck it, itís your life, but youíre on your own and we are going to sell the house we bought if you plan on living in a van and traveling and want to be Instagram stars. That would strike me as irritating after youíve had them living there for two years to help them save for a future and thatís the best they can come up with.

    I just assumed they were of modest means given their behavior and Pooh saying that town was a shithole, but Iím guessing they basically said if you kids want to do this, youíre on your own.

    I almost wondered considering the kid was hitchhiking when he still had access to the van, and him jacking her debit card, if their arguments were about running out of money and if he didnít even have gas money? They had an incident the day she possibly died, which appeared to be an argument over a bill at some Tex Mex restaurant that apparently upset her and he was acting erratically.

    This is a really strange story in many aspects. You see a story like this linked below that his parents were modestly wealthy, yet for a whole family being heavily scrutinized, itís like no one knows anything about what the fuck they do other than sell and repair juicers out of their home based business? And no real mention of what the kids did besides want to become influencers?

    When you look at their decisions, buying houses up there and then what seems like a starter home that they sell right about the time the kids decide to take off for this great adventure, you can start to make some possible guesses. Particularly the house down there in town that no one lived in.

    I would bet the parents were really frustrated with their son, or both of them. They gave them a roof over their head for years, and they still were aimless. When they lived with the parents and worked at whatever menial jobs, they probably had enough money for weed and Chipotle. They get engaged. But then decide they donít want a normal life or to work and want to travel and get rich off being influencers, get out on the road, and are constantly broke, all their little arguments get put on steroids, and you have two immature kids with no plan fighting all the time. I can even imagine that before they had the option of settling down and getting married and having a house to move into, but now theyíre all in on this stupid plan, have nothing to fall back on, and rather than go home and do something with their life, they have been putting on a show for all their friends about this fabulous exciting life theyíre leading on Instagram that makes their working friends jealous, when in reality they are flat broke and can barely make it week to week. Theyíre running out of money, fighting, and it all just comes apart. They seem to have always have had a toxic relationship, probably only engaged out of pressure after being together for all that time, and it just blew up finally.

    Itís possible she was the one who wanted to do this whole influencer thing and he felt like he fucked his life up over it? No idea, but clearly she was a really pretty girl out of his league, so Iím sure if he felt like she didnít want a normal life in small town Florida, he wasnít going to lose her. She might have been a handful to deal with. Most pretty girls are. Itís also possible heís just a nut and sheís a gem, but probably a little of heís controlling and jealous and sheís pretty and has other options and doesnít want a boring life and we end up in this spot.

    Iím guessing the kid went home, the parents ran interference for him, but in reality, know he killed a girl and just want him the fuck out. They might feel like he fell for the wrong girl and itís not their kids fault like most parents, but probably know heís a lazy dope also.

    Maybe they gave him $ and heís somewhere on a beach, but just looking at the whole picture, Iím guessing they were the type willing to start their kid out in a good place if he did something productive, but he was a disappointment, and they are probably disgusted at who he turned out to be and heíll end up dead somewhere and while theyíll be crushed, they wonít be surprised.

    Lot of guessing, and no idea about who influenced who, but in general, both seemed like directionless kids who should have broke up years ago and maybe it turns out better for everyone.







    https://www.google.com/amp/s/meaww.c...lion-estimated

  19. #179
    1marley1: lol. Not survivable for a few days? You for real
    Obviously I have no idea, I have never been there, and it sounds like there is a good chance he never even went there. I just was going off what the wildlife expert says about that reserve. Doesnít sound like a place where youíre going to make it a long time unless you were some type of survival expert, and this kid sounds like he liked a good hike and campfire, but wasnít some survivalist.


    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.her...amp/5811364001


    Brian Laundrie 'living in hell' if he's indeed in Carlton Reserve, survival expert says.


    NORTH PORT ó Alligators, black bears, clouds of gnawing insects. Two different types of rattlesnakes. Coyotes, bobcats and panthers. Everything is wet, almost nothing is edible, and safe drinking water is nowhere to be found.


    If Brian Laundrie actually is deep in the Florida wilderness, a survival expert in Sarasota said that by now, he's either dead or in very bad shape.

    ďIf he's down there in the Carlton Reserve, he's living in hell,Ē local survival expert Mark Burrow said.

    Police announced Tuesday night that a massive search of the 25,000-acre nature reserve turned up nothing for the third day, and law enforcement planned to continue scouring the woods again Wednesday.

    Burrow said if authorities haven't found evidence yet that Laundrie was in Carlton Reserve, that means he probably never was. By now, police should have seen either tracks leading to him or signs that he was eaten.

    If Laundrie is indeed in the woods, the chances anyone finds him alive are slim, Burrow said.

    Burrow teaches people how to survive in the wild with nothing but a knife and has spent his life exploring well off the beaten path. He knows the dangers that lurk.

    With heavy rain in recent days, starting a fire will be nearly impossible. It's also the wrong season for foraging edible plants, Burrow said.

    He said Laundrie may be able to scavenge leftovers from a predator's kill. There also are freshwater clams and snails he could collect. Fishing is another possibility.

    ďPeople have been making a big deal of the alligators and the snakes,Ē Burrow said. ďBut it's dehydration that's the real danger.Ē


    Even if he were able to get a fire started to boil water, recent rains will have made the drinking water full of tannins from local foliage. Tannins occur in the roots, wood, and bark of oak trees, and high concentrations can be harmful to humans, Burrow said.


    Bobcats, gators and snakes
    When it comes to animals, the area's bears and panthers are not likely to bother humans. But if Laundrie is injured or struggling, he will also have to deal with coyotes and bobcats.

    ďIf you were injured or exhausted,Ē Burrow said, ďthey would eat you.Ē

    On the other hand, if an alligator grabs Laundrie, there would likely be nothing left.

    ďThey like to put a carcass under a log, and let it get all rotten,Ē he said. ďThen the gator would eat you slowly.Ē


    There are at least four different types of venomous snakes in Carlton Reserve, the cottonmouth likely being the most dangerous. There's also the pigmy rattlesnake, the diamondback rattlesnake, and the coral snake.


    Burrow has been involved with other searches for missing people, although he is not involved in tracking Laundrie. He's found people dead after as few as three days missing.

    Experts: he won't be missing for long
    While police comb through the swampy southern Sarasota County reserves, two Florida private investigators told the Herald-Tribune that law enforcement efforts likely span much further than the woods around North Port.

    Private investigator Danial Maya one time tracked down people wanted in Medicare fraud cases for the federal government. He's been involved in between 200 to 300 missing person cases.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    There are so many elements of this case that I still have no grasp on despite it being in the news for two weeks now.

    Like these kids seemed broke. Living with his parents. Everything I read lately says the van was rented. Who rents a 9 year old van when Iím looking online and they seem to sell for like $9k? Where do you even rent a shitty 9 year old van for 4 months that allows you to convert it into some shitbox sleeper and put thousands of miles on it?

    I also see reports where she was talking on Instagram about converting HER van for the trip?

    Reports like this suggest it was her van.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...631455%3famp=1

    Then articles say this,

    ďThe pair shared their love of travel as they mapped out a new way to live after struggling to find the cash needed to pay for hotels.

    Their cash struggles influenced them to buy their white Ford Transit van before embarking on their cross-country road trip.Ē




    Then other things say itís a rented van.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/outside...i-seizing/amp/



    Are there two vans? Or just this one shitty Ford Transport?

    Seems hard to believe youíd rent an old van for multiple months.



    Iíve seen reports that say she owned it, they rented it, others that say they both did, so I donít even know why she was worried heíd ditch her if it was in both their names or it was her van? Iíd guess she was more just naive and he controlled her.

    I see she worked for a brief time as a pharmacy tech. They were high school sweethearts whoíve been out of school for like 4 and 5 years. He was a year ahead. They seem to bounce back and forth between Long Island where they are all from, but end up in Florida. Some reports have them moving to Florida in 2017, others in 2019.

    I see no mention of school as in college or anything. They say he doesnít appear to ever have had a job in some articles. Then other articles say they worked at a Publix grocery store.

    Pooh said that town is a complete shithole. I canít recall ever even being through North Port or even driving by it. Itís close to areas Iíve been around a lot, but donít know it?

    The kid and his girl were adults, so I assume his parents wanted him to do something with his life. I wouldnít assume they were supporting him, but I keep seeing reports that they are relatively wealthy. Like youíd think theyíd rather put them up in some shitty apartment rather than have their adult son and girlfriend living in their guest room. I assumed when this first broke that they stayed there for like a brief time before their trip, but it says they lived there since 2019.

    The parents have a modest 1400 square foot home they bought for $120k in 2015. It isnít some mansion.

    But they also had a condo during the period the kids lived with them in Venice that was modest. They sold that this past year.

    They also bought another home in North Port in January of 2020 for $128k, and it remained vacant the entire time they owned it, and they just sold it in July of this year for $140k. All while their kid and his girl were in their guest room, they have a vacant house in the same town. They also had their home in Long Island they also bought in 2015, same year they bought house in Florida, and eventually sold it in 2018. It bought and sold for basically what they paid.

    That house they bought there in town is the most interesting to me as it makes you wonder why? You can guess.

    Like all this is indicative of nothing by itself, but his parents are kind of older relative to him. His dad is like 62, mom late 50s. Seems whatever this juicing business they started, itís kind of a later in life point to start a new business, but whatever, maybe they stumbled into something and seem to be having some success.

    Itís just strange. Iíve seen anecdotes the kid was maybe a little on the spectrum. The police raided his bedroom and its kind of like a room youíd expect to see a high school kid have, not a kid living with his girlfriend. Posters on wall. I mean itís pretty pathetic to be with your high school girlfriend, no kids, both out of school for 5 years now and living with your parents with no obvious reason why?

    I mean when the story broke you kind of wonder who are these kids? It seems the more it comes into focus, just kind of clueless and aimless from all appearances.

    Then itís really strange for his parents to have a vacant home sitting there in the same town while your recently engaged kid is living with you.

    There is just something that feels off about the whole thing.

    Like the most common sense thing is his parents have a little success, decide to move to Florida, and keep hoping their weird kid figures out what he wants to do with his life.

    Heís got this really pretty girlfriend who has been his girlfriend since they all lived up in Long Island. They know her well, but probably realize neither has a clue and hope to motivate them and help them get it together. But they arenít just going to give them a house and life when they canít even support themselves in their early 20s yet.

    Theyíre all up in Long Island originally at the point these two start dating.

    Parents decide to move to Florida, but also buy a house in Long Island same year, maybe because the kid and the girlfriend are still up there? Maybe the parents just want to go back and forth originally?

    Iím just guessing, but these donít seem like investment properties. They didnít turn a profit of any real sort on any. No talk of renters. Modest homes for the areas.

    Then the kid and girl decide they want to move to Florida. So they move in with parents in 2019, eventually get engaged, but strike me as aimless.

    Iím guessing like a lot of parents, they are willing to help out, but they arenít going to support this kid and his girl forever.

    They seem to have a lot of drama. Break up and get back together, which is probably why story is confusing as to it seems theyíve lived in Florida since she graduated, but then you see reports of her recently living in Long Island. Iím guessing they break up and she goes home for a bit and then comes back.

    Parents Iím guessing buy this house down there in 2020 with the idea their kid and his new wife will eventually move into it, because why else are they buying a modest house in the same town that just sits vacant, and then their dopey son and possibly troubled girlfriend decide they are going to live the van life and become social media influencers, so they say fuck it and just sell the house for basically what they paid for it? It was always vacant, and they sell it a year later?

    The timing of selling it in July right when these two are planning this trip when they just bought it a year earlier seems telling.

    Itís not like itís some expensive property thatís going to break them, so it doesnít make much sense, but seems most likely theyíre trying to get their kid to grow up and give him a little motivation, yet he doesnít want to take it.

    I can imagine them saying, hey, get a job or a plan and here is your first house? The kid is 23 by this point and his girl 22.

    All pure conjecture, but looking at the nature of their real estate purchases, Iíd guess they are hoping to motivate him.

    Anyway, his parents clearly were covering for him and running interference. If these reports are accurate, then it seems he could be anywhere with a 4 day head start if they wanted to help him financially. Iím not sure they did though.

    I mean they had like two weeks between when he got back until the story broke before everything they did would be scrutinized. If they were going to cover for him anyway, why didnít they throw him a few $ to flee?

    Really strikes me like maybe as they got older, they started to have a little business success, and a few $, but had this kid living there that they didnít know what to do with? They tried different things, but he just didnít have any plan.

    They were willing to help him to a point, but only if he helped himself. Iím guessing he felt pressure. I would guess the engagement might even be him trying to get it together or because he felt pressured to grow up, but then he, or both of them decide to lead this van life and his parents say fuck it, itís your life, but youíre on your own and we are going to sell the house we bought if you plan on living in a van and traveling and want to be Instagram stars. That would strike me as irritating after youíve had them living there for two years to help them save for a future and thatís the best they can come up with.

    I just assumed they were of modest means given their behavior and Pooh saying that town was a shithole, but Iím guessing they basically said if you kids want to do this, youíre on your own.

    I almost wondered considering the kid was hitchhiking when he still had access to the van, and him jacking her debit card, if their arguments were about running out of money and if he didnít even have gas money? They had an incident the day she possibly died, which appeared to be an argument over a bill at some Tex Mex restaurant that apparently upset her and he was acting erratically.

    This is a really strange story in many aspects. You see a story like this linked below that his parents were modestly wealthy, yet for a whole family being heavily scrutinized, itís like no one knows anything about what the fuck they do other than sell and repair juicers out of their home based business? And no real mention of what the kids did besides want to become influencers?

    When you look at their decisions, buying houses up there and then what seems like a starter home that they sell right about the time the kids decide to take off for this great adventure, you can start to make some possible guesses. Particularly the house down there in town that no one lived in.

    I would bet the parents were really frustrated with their son, or both of them. They gave them a roof over their head for years, and they still were aimless. When they lived with the parents and worked at whatever menial jobs, they probably had enough money for weed and Chipotle. They get engaged. But then decide they donít want a normal life or to work and want to travel and get rich off being influencers, get out on the road, and are constantly broke, all their little arguments get put on steroids, and you have two immature kids with no plan fighting all the time. I can even imagine that before they had the option of settling down and getting married and having a house to move into, but now theyíre all in on this stupid plan, have nothing to fall back on, and rather than go home and do something with their life, they have been putting on a show for all their friends about this fabulous exciting life theyíre leading on Instagram that makes their working friends jealous, when in reality they are flat broke and can barely make it week to week. Theyíre running out of money, fighting, and it all just comes apart. They seem to have always have had a toxic relationship, probably only engaged out of pressure after being together for all that time, and it just blew up finally.

    Itís possible she was the one who wanted to do this whole influencer thing and he felt like he fucked his life up over it? No idea, but clearly she was a really pretty girl out of his league, so Iím sure if he felt like she didnít want a normal life in small town Florida, he wasnít going to lose her. She might have been a handful to deal with. Most pretty girls are. Itís also possible heís just a nut and sheís a gem, but probably a little of heís controlling and jealous and sheís pretty and has other options and doesnít want a boring life and we end up in this spot.

    Iím guessing the kid went home, the parents ran interference for him, but in reality, know he killed a girl and just want him the fuck out. They might feel like he fell for the wrong girl and itís not their kids fault like most parents, but probably know heís a lazy dope also.

    Maybe they gave him $ and heís somewhere on a beach, but just looking at the whole picture, Iím guessing they were the type willing to start their kid out in a good place if he did something productive, but he was a disappointment, and they are probably disgusted at who he turned out to be and heíll end up dead somewhere and while theyíll be crushed, they wonít be surprised.

    Lot of guessing, and no idea about who influenced who, but in general, both seemed like directionless kids who should have broke up years ago and maybe it turns out better for everyone.







    https://www.google.com/amp/s/meaww.c...lion-estimated
    There are a group of posters on PFA that I will instantly click a thread if they are the last reply. Another group I instantly skip it. You are obviously in the first group.

    With that being said, WTF are you on this morning? Posting at 5am and rambling worse than a cracked out Garrett. Get it together man.

     
    Comments
      
      1marley1: Haha. Truth. Was wondering same…
      
      BCR: Lol. I handn’t went to sleep yet. Sometimes if I’m playing online, I start a post, play some hands, come back, and forget to read it over before I hit submit and it’s like four different thoughts I forgot to delete.
      
      Sloppy Joe: Had same thought lol
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-08-2021, 11:31 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-01-2021, 10:11 PM
  3. Baseball HOF - 2021 Edition
    By FRANKRIZZO in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-27-2021, 06:38 PM
  4. 'Black' NAACP leader outed as white woman
    By devidee in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 06-18-2015, 11:42 AM
  5. Woman freaks out after missing her ferry
    By Daredevil in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2015, 06:38 PM