Thread: A short lived new Napster

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

A short lived new Napster

Bought an iPad mini recently just cause my older original size was fucked in the headphone inlet and even the regular output volume.

Anywho, I realized shortly thereafter that with the purchase came three months of Apple music, meaning you can download damn near anything ever recorded.

I didn't bother with this until I saw the extensive library.

I'm now downloading everything I can think of.
    Some days are better than others

Load Metric
    For once we can agree on something.. I have Apple Music free through Verizon and yes its awesome.. Before my one phone shit the bed I had over 1000 songs on my phone for a poker play list while playing online or even at the tables live.. Havent gotten around to redoing it unfortunately since I havent been out playing anytime recently.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Mp3 and iPods sure came and went quickly. They seemed to be here to stay for a very long time, but their time was short lived since People can just download music from their phones instead of buying a separate device to download music. iTunes for phones really killed the MP3 and iPods thing... And People can also just use the radio or YouTube and record songs using the "Record Audio," feature on their phone for free music. If they're lucky, they can use the "Video record," feature on their phone to record music videos. I used the "Video Record," on one of my older phones and was able to record a 17 minute BAD music Video from Michael Jackson. Bad as in the song, not bad as in not good.
    Last edited by Karen Nathan; 09-18-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Nathan View Post
    Mp3 and iPods sure came and went quickly. They seemed to be here to stay for a very long time, but their time was short lived since People can just download music from their phones instead of buying a separate device to download music. iTunes for phones really killed the MP3 and iPods thing... And People can also just use the radio or YouTube and record songs using the "Record Audio," feature on their phone for free music. If they're lucky, they can use the "Video record," feature on their phone to record music videos. I used the "Video Record," on one of my older phones and was able to record a 17 minute BAD music Video from Michael Jackson. Bad as in the song, not bad as in not good.
    It's true but the Apple music library contains full albums (some obscure) of any era, or compilation playlists. I've either run my three months out or maxed the hard drive as I just got 64 g. Don't be cheap like me if you can afford it.

Another alternative to regain lost music is to hit second hand stores for cd's. My car is not new bit has a kicking JBL speaker system. You put a cd in and it's in your jukebox till you croak

Silver
    Load Metric
    Welcome to 2016 you decrepit shut-ins.

Comments

dwai: GET EM

Load Metric
    does anyone else remember downloading music from AOL mass mailer/server rooms in 1996 or am I the only one?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    All I know is that, back in 2000 when Napster was huge, I had no idea that I'd find out within a decade that Shawn Fanning had a limp dick.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    All I know is that, back in 2000 when Napster was huge, I had no idea that I'd find out within a decade that Shawn Fanning had a limp dick.
    Fun fact Napster founder Sean Parker went to my HS but was obvious several yrs behind (he was class of 1999)

Load Metric
    Sean Parker and Shawn Fanning made music worthless.

Facebook co-founder Sean Parker bashes company, saying it was built to exploit human vulnerability. (2017)

Parker is still destined for hell.

Thread Information