Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** PFA Charitable Giveaway Thread 2021

Blog Entries
    BUMP

I have not forgotten about this. I have been taking suggestions from various people, including radio listeners, some of whom just got caught up on the episode mentioning this.

If you have any charities you would like to suggest and haven't yet, please do so, as I will be making some decisions (and donations) soon.

In memory of Otis obv, in any amount you wish, this is a great org.

Cape Ann Animal Aid
    4 Paws Lane
    Gloucester, MA 01930

Mission statement.

Name:  Screenshot_20211023-081822_Photos.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  1.49 MB

Molly Lake was born in VA. Upon notification of her litter's birth, CAAA sent a driver to rescue/scoop up the whole lot. Shots, spaying, and socialization awaited the kittens, as well as a better life in New England.

Dogs/pups rescued daily as well.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Molly's the fuckin' best rep

I went to school with Brandy, and she has done A LOT of good things for folks in need over the years! She's a great person, and I know the money is used in the correct way...

http://bethechangebaf.com/

"We are a Georgia based, community outreach, 5013c Non Profit organization. Be The Change—Brandy Angel Foundation's focus is to support individuals and families throughout difficult times of their lives and help them reach and inspire as many people as they can with their stories. Ultimately, our goal is to create sustainable experiences that produce joy, compassion and positive change for not only the individuals in need but also for those that reach out to help them. Our mission is to document and share their stories through photography and media to reach the world and inspire awareness, kindness and positive change. We want to show the world that they too can make a significant difference in the life of someone in need and give those who choose to help the tools to do so.
    We have helped kidney disease patients locate living kidney donors, look for lost loved ones and we even helped a local family who’d lost everything in a house fire receive donations from all over the country. We have also inspired many others to donate a kidney to a stranger.
    We work tirelessly to enhance the quality of life for children with cancer and their families by providing free photo sessions to document their journey and hold onto their memories forever. We offer compassionate support programs and events while advocating for increased research funds and raising public awareness. We also advocate and educate for the importance and ease of joining the Bone Marrow Registry, National Kidney Registry and Blood Donations. We have many times helped families and individuals in our community that have been affected by fires, infertility, adoption and lost loved ones. We have also been able to offer the families fun experiences through the generosity of amazing local vendors, such as fantasy photo session, braves games, meet and greets with musicians, make overs and we hope this area will continue to grow.
    We have gained worldwide recognition multiple times and our stories, images and foundation have been featured on countless TV shows, including but not limited to, Good Morning America, The Today Show, Inside Edition and the Dr. Oz Show. We have also been published worldwide in publications including People, TIME, Cosmopolitan, Good Housekeeping, BBC, and countless others, both online and in print. We truly believe we have received such a positive response because people truly do want to help others and our efforts allow them to connect with those in need that they would have never otherwise heard about."

He must of did pretty well on the PPP "loan" cash giveaway or one of those related programs.

I spent maybe 5 minutes looking thru the loan database, it's absolutely insane.
    A massive fleece of tax payer dollars, it's certainly not being given the attention it deserves.

Blog Entries
    BUMP

Still haven't forgotten about this. Will be shipping some donations out soon and posting receipts.

I am considering breaking off some of the fund for this: https://ij.org/

The Institute for Justice

It would appear on the surface to be political, but it's not. Instead, they help individuals and small businesses fucked over by government overreaches, such as civil forfeiture.

As you guys know, civil forfeiture is a big problem for poker players and advantage gamblers, and many of us have been victimized by it. I wasn't personally hit by civil forfeiture, but I easily could have been, and I could be in the future. So could a lot of you.

In case you're wondering, this has nothing to do with COVID or any mandates associated with COVID. This is really nonpartisan stuff, featuring awful stories about the government (local, state, or federal) abusing power and punishing the little guy just because it can.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: cevil forfeiture is bad for EVERYONE rep

Druff I got to give it to you. Never thought I would see the day you were donating to stop the discrimination of African hair braiding shops. You must be getting soft in your old age.

Name:  3F7836D1-7656-4423-B85C-4D4C43646663.png
Views: 214
Size:  883.5 KB

Just fucking donate it already, jesus.

Comments

dwai:
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Use the money to fly Karen Nathan out to Vegas, get her a room at Circus, Circus and pimp her out. Use the profits for WSOP buy-ins. It would be much more respectable than getting staked by cmoney.

Comments

country978: classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

Still haven't forgotten about this. Will be shipping some donations out soon and posting receipts.

I am considering breaking off some of the fund for this: https://ij.org/

The Institute for Justice

It would appear on the surface to be political, but it's not. Instead, they help individuals and small businesses fucked over by government overreaches, such as civil forfeiture.

As you guys know, civil forfeiture is a big problem for poker players and advantage gamblers, and many of us have been victimized by it. I wasn't personally hit by civil forfeiture, but I easily could have been, and I could be in the future. So could a lot of you.

In case you're wondering, this has nothing to do with COVID or any mandates associated with COVID. This is really nonpartisan stuff, featuring awful stories about the government (local, state, or federal) abusing power and punishing the little guy just because it can.
    The charitable thread was unique and unexpected. Cannot say the same for your narrow field of candidates.

People get screwed daily but many are unscrew-able. They have no options. The real unscrew-ables are so hard up even scammers have no interest in them . Examples, a child with a serious illness. A homeless veteran who fought some insignificant war and is treated like dirt upon returning home with physical or mental injuries
    unbounded
    Never Forget

I like your thinking Les. Improving the life of one person or one family would have the deepest impact. I'm sure Druff runs into people all the time who would be deserving and for whom it would make a giant difference.

Druff don't let this opportunity go by without making it a great learning opportunity for Ben. A couple of suggestions if you would indulge me: Take him to a Walmart in a disadvantaged area and have him pick a few patrons who he thinks could use a little help and then let him buy their groceries. I do this every Xmas season and it is so gratifying to know you made a big difference in someone's life for a day. Another way I try to do my part in paying it forward is go to Subway or Jersey Mike's and tell the manager you want x number of 6 inch sandos minus lettuce and tomato (on the side is good) so they don't get soggy so you can pass them out to the homeless. When I tell the managers what I am doing they will pitch in with extra sandos or discounts. Get a few cases of water too. Go to where these unfortunates are. 2 sandos and 2 bottles of water (I also get a bunch of Hersheys choco bars). One for today and one for tomorrow. These moments have been priceless to me and my family. Make them count for yours as well.

Best OF Holidays to you and yours and to our entire PFA family!

Comments

country978: excellent and happy holiday to you also

Quote Originally Posted by IamGreek View Post
    Druff don't let this opportunity go by without making it a great learning opportunity for Ben. A couple of suggestions if you would indulge me: Take him to a Walmart in a disadvantaged area and have him pick a few patrons who he thinks could use a little help and then let him buy their groceries. I do this every Xmas season and it is so gratifying to know you made a big difference in someone's life for a day. Another way I try to do my part in paying it forward is go to Subway or Jersey Mike's and tell the manager you want x number of 6 inch sandos minus lettuce and tomato (on the side is good) so they don't get soggy so you can pass them out to the homeless. When I tell the managers what I am doing they will pitch in with extra sandos or discounts. Get a few cases of water too. Go to where these unfortunates are. 2 sandos and 2 bottles of water (I also get a bunch of Hersheys choco bars). One for today and one for tomorrow. These moments have been priceless to me and my family. Make them count for yours as well.

Best OF Holidays to you and yours and to our entire PFA family!
    That's real sweet and like you say invaluable for the kids
    unbounded
    Never Forget

Bump in honor of Christmas

It seems like Druff indeed forgot about this.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

You know Truthfully I do wonder if for the agravation and if its at a loss

Since he doesnt seem to take on and always some kind of help I wonder if the nice guy in Druff also has him quietly struggling ans being from living in California to boot compounds everything actually of course. We know he comes from supposed well to do parents, probably all true but his binks in poker ca,e a Decade plus and now, not in a bad way kids or people just arent as interested yet. That may change and now 2020+ you have the die hards, grinders, and actual dependent on the pokerdime ones mostly in and around the gamne of course.

Then there is others in my mind, like Druff here I guess, and this site and a place poker loving degens have been able to Congregate and talk smack, even if i didnt always agree with it, but now i do actually and truthfully wonder if for Druff maybe this site is run at a loss, for him..

It seems like Druff indeed forgot about this.
    Never forget:

Comments

Kuntmissioner: PFA never forgets

Blog Entries
    Didn't forget, just had a lot of "distractions" lately, as chronicled here. Same reason no radio last few weeks (until tonight).

This will be seen through, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Didn't forget, just had a lot of "distractions" lately, as chronicled here. Same reason no radio last few weeks (until tonight).

This will be seen through, however.

Let's cut to the chase. You fund a hospital wing where the patient calls the shots. Irregardless of any medical training the patient is boss.

Comments

PositiveVariance: Lol
    unbounded
    Never Forget

Maybe Druff had a bad year gambling and thus he’s stalling until 2022 in the hopes the tax deduction from donations is more valuable.

Thread Information