Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** PFA Charitable Giveaway Thread 2021

Children's Hospital

What was the hand btw?
    Last edited by limitles; 09-13-2021 at 10:07 AM.
    unbounded
    Never Forget

No idea how much money you have but maybe you could start scholarship. Some are as small as 500-1k dollars a year.

Yes, Dana Farber and Children's Hospital. Disabled American Veterans Also, why not make a really big difference in the life of one person or family? You must know a person who could use a break who is also a good and deserving person.

With Zap's recent hammering of Johnny Appleseed in mind, give it all to that cat:

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ein/205626045
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

The Trevor Project. Unless you still harbor homophobic tendencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

idk how old your kid is but i know teenagers carry more viral load than anyone

Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    No idea how much money you have but maybe you could start scholarship. Some are as small as 500-1k dollars a year.
    Good one. Scholarship for the study and advancement of Critical Race Theory FTW

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Any way we can make 4bets 11,000 well a charity? Just kidding. Since drugs are a awful problem across the country I think some of these are a good choice. Angels at risk. The Herren project. Shatterproof. Also I would break it into like 1k donations so you can donate to several. Solid deed your are here. Make sure Ben knows and maybe he can pick a charity also. Will be a great life lesson to see his father doing this.
    -Allergic to the struggle

Blog Entries
    Not enough. Tuition rates are crazy these days. Something 4 figures would never make a dent.

Blog Entries
    This is going to sound weird, but there is a historical place in southern CA which was unfortunately destroyed in the 2018 Woolsey Fire, and it was upsetting to me to see it go, because I had been there many times.

The Paramount Ranch was a movie studio for westerns for decades, and it was unique becaue it was open to the public for free, yet at the same time still was occasionally used for movie scenes. Interestingly, they wouldn't close the ranch when they'd be shooting there -- the public could still visit and walk around it and observe.

It was a peaceful and interesting place to visit, and in fact hiking trails wrapped around it.

In November 2018, a fire burnt the entire thing to the ground. There were plans for a rebuild, but it proceeded slowly due to COVID. The National Park Service has agreed to reconstruct all the portions used for movie filming, but will not be funding any rebuild of the portions which are aimed at tourists who wish to view it.

A fund was set up, and the National Park Service has agreed to match donations.

https://www.malibutimes.com/news/art...1a8be80ba.html

A little unusual but I am considering giving some to this.

Comments

shoeshine box: Good times on that Ranch...

I assume, for you, it’s part of your childhood and sentimental. You give your money to whatever you want and this has nothing to do with what’s worthy or less worthy. That’s up to each person.

I’m just trying to imagine how I’d feel about the place if it was sentimental to me.

Just as a special place, can they recreate something that sounds like it was 95% destroyed and have it mean anything to you? Like so much about the place was the history of what was filmed there.

Looking through the list, clearly I’ve seen a lot of what was filmed there. The most recent would be that crappy Aquarius show which I still watched all of because the Manson story has always fascinated me. I’m sure it was the set for the Spahn Ranch, which was another movie ranch destroyed by fire that the Manson family actually lived at back in the last 60s.

I’m just trying to think of historical places I’ve been and something was on this ground just doesn’t have the same feel as here is this building where they filmed x, y, and z.

Like I don’t want to see where the Colosseum was, or the Eiffel Tower was, and when I went to NYC even immediately after 9/11 as I was visiting doctors frequently at the time, ground zero was powerful when still wreckage, but in recent years, not really. But a memorial is fitting still. Like I’ve been to historical battlegrounds, and unless something is still standing from that era, it’s neat for a moment to ponder but not really much of an attraction. A newly constructed fort wouldn’t interest me.

I grasp the geography is maybe as important as the buildings in the background of movies and tv shows given how beautiful it is, but by SoCal standards, it could be a lot of places.

Having wildfire destroy something like that really sucks, as it sounds like a very cool place I’d have loved to visited, but a rebuilt version wouldn’t interest me I don’t think.

I’m trying to put myself in your shoes and wonder if it would still be special, and I’m not sure you’d even know until you got there. For something like that, that building is where they filmed this, and that building is where they filmed this is so much of the cool. The building used to be right there might make me more sad than sentimental even if I once found it all peaceful and enjoyed it. I think I’d be depressed that it was gone.

It would feel like visiting some street I once lived on but the house was knocked down and they built something else in its place. That strikes me as a place hard to recapture. I had heard of it before, but had no idea it was destroyed or what was filmed there. I had just heard it mentioned. Was cool to check out your link, but made me sad it’s gone and it’s not like it ever meant anything to me.
    Last edited by BCR; 09-14-2021 at 12:40 AM.

Druff,

This is not a specific charity recommendation but if you have highly appreciated stock or other liquid assets eligible for long term capital gains treatment (Bitcoin?) you should consider donating a like amount of said asset instead of giving cash. That is assuming you itemize your taxes; as it will provide a better tax benefit to you and the charities also benefit the same as if you donated cash. And if youíre still bullish on the donated asset you can buy it back with a higher basis without worrying about wash sale rules.

Could also consider starting a donor advised fund at Schwab, Fidelity, or Vanguard as well. Makes it easy to split across several charities and there are several other benefits as well. Low minimums and low fees (which can be easily justified through growth of donated assets if invested). Happy to answer questions by PM if you want.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Nice

I mean some has to go to AIDS right?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

cash donation directly to your local food bank. hopefully missing greedy fuckers hoping to wet they're beaks on your generosity.
    or find a deserving single parent family and help them with food, bills, rent.
    I try avoid donating to big charity because costly infrastructure.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Hello everyone.

Recently I came into some money which I feel would best be used to help others.

Unfortunately, I am a bit short on actual ideas right now, and that's where I would like the community's help.

A short time ago I posted a long message about what I did and didn't want to donate to, but I decided to remove it, because I would like to hear from the community first what you'd like to see.

Please stay away from anything political/ideological. Also, no donations to PFA members -- not even Onestep for his Vegas Stairwell Fund.

I can donate the money all to one place, or we can split it up to various places. I will posts receipts/proof. I will not announce the figure yet, but it will be revealed very shortly, and is a 4-figure amount (and not low 4 figures).

Anyone who trolls this thread or disrupts it will have their messages removed and receive a thread ban. This is a serious matter.

More info will be given later.

I will not be taking donations for this. It will be my money going into this, but I will take suggesstions and assistance.

Thank you for reading, and let's have some suggestions.
    Tunnel to Towers Foundation

100 Club (helps first responders snd their families especially due to severe injury or death)

Comments

IamGreek:

Donate it to Citizens Against Smog Hassle

send me a check for them made out to C.A.S.H. and I will make sure they get it

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Welcome back

IamGreek: OPA!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Not enough. Tuition rates are crazy these days. Something 4 figures would never make a dent.
    Scholarships donít pay for all of university. Believe me tons of students are greatly for 1k private scholarships as it makes a huge difference to them.

I know itís not charity but honestly would be nice to see a win druffs money segment on radio. Perhaps ten mins long hosted by Drexel or someone else where a lotto winner from the board or call in goes up against druff to try and win 500$ each show. Could be trivia or something similar.

Jasep's "BAP'ing and parking garage video blogging for youths" could use a donation.

This is a bit frustrating to see given the fact that nearly 1 year ago you set up a donation fund for me, to pay for the attorney fees I endured because of the Christopher Mitchell situation.

Granted you donated, and several other members donated and I appreciate very much. However Eric Bensamochan (SP) agreed to make up the difference for what was not donated.....he stated that in November 2020, and I continue to get the run around.
    Last edited by AhoosierA; 09-14-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Thread Information