Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I was robbed by a local company for 2700. Whats my best move?

Load Metric

I was robbed by a local company for 2700. Whats my best move?

We signed a contract with a local company to have a new well drilled for 5400. We put deposit of 2700 down. Health department came back with special requirements for well because we don’t have the required 75 feet setback from septic tank. So well company raised the price to 11,000. I told them to pound sand and refund deposit. They told me no refunds which is stated in contract. Is this illegal? We didn’t cancel 5400 well as contract states. We canceled 11,000 well. According to them they can raise price to whatever they want if you don’t like it they steal deposit.
    -Allergic to the struggle

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Obv not a lawyer but that sounds absurd and pretty fucking illegal.

Not sure where you live, but where im from i think that would fall under "Contract Theft" (but im not 100% positive) .
    Last edited by Gordman; 09-11-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Also, how in the hell does a professional well drilling company not know or even look up a basic rule like a setback requirement before giving a customer a price?

I've been more or less in the construction industry for a long time and I would probably place this situation at least in the top 5 of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard.
    Last edited by Gordman; 09-11-2021 at 02:19 PM.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    EASY MARK. SFO.

Comments

tbuck27:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Also, how in the hell does a professional well drilling company not know or even look up a basic rule like a setback requirement before giving a customer a price?

I've been more or less in the construction industry for a long time and I would probably place this situation at least in the top 5 of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard.
    Agree.They knew in the beginning we needed a variance from the healt department and quoted 5400. They told me our variance is more work then most. Lies the health department told me all well variances have these requirements. Biggest difference is well casing has to be grouted bottom to top. The company refused to workout anything and owner blocked our phone #. I guess my only choice is small claims case. I canÂ’t let this low life steal 2700

Load Metric
    Have you considered working for this place and tanking their pizza business from the inside while you live in the parking lot

Comments

Crowe Diddly: turn the tyde on the business, so to speak

JACKDANIELS: big picture thinking

Silver
    Load Metric
    Your best move is probably to reach out to your other FL forum posters and invest in a certain coin to get your money back.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Have you considered working for this place and tanking their pizza business from the inside while you live in the parking lot
    Stop trolling, This is serious, I am hoping for advice to get my 2700 back

Load Metric
    I'm pretty sure I just gave you rock solid advice broski

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post

Sounds like you’re fucked. I’m sure they’d be happy to install your $5400 we’ll that won’t comply. If you want a well in compliance you pay what it costs…

Have you gotten a better quote?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1marley1 View Post

Sounds like you’re fucked. I’m sure they’d be happy to install your $5400 we’ll that won’t comply. If you want a well in compliance you pay what it costs…

They can’t drill the normal 5400 well. Health department won’t allow it and health department has to be there when company is drilling. No I haven’t had a better quote. Hard to find company to drill a variance well, They need special bit and everyone is busy here.

Load Metric
    so where are we on the application process and then the master plan to turn this into a failing pizza enterprise

Load Metric
    We signed a contract with a local company to have a new well drilled for 5400. We put deposit of 2700 down. Health department came back with special requirements for well because we don’t have the required 75 feet setback from septic tank. So well company raised the price to 11,000. I told them to pound sand and refund deposit. They told me no refunds which is stated in contract. Is this illegal? We didn’t cancel 5400 well as contract states. We canceled 11,000 well. According to them they can raise price to whatever they want if you don’t like it they steal deposit.
    I mean come on. They probably already invested that $2,700 in permits, staff, time etc.. It's not like they are getting off free either. I had some dental work done the other day, ran $1000 more than quoted, sometimes you just pay and move on, I didn't freak out and threaten to sue the dentist. It's not like the guy is scamming you, he got clipped by local government, this happens all the time. If you want the work done for the job pay the money, but LOL at suing over $2,700. You can't be serious.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

Agree.They knew in the beginning we needed a variance from the healt department and quoted 5400. They told me our variance is more work then most. Lies the health department told me all well variances have these requirements. Biggest difference is well casing has to be grouted bottom to top. The company refused to workout anything and owner blocked our phone #. I guess my only choice is small claims case. I canÂ’t let this low life steal 2700
    What’s the maximum damage amount small claims court in your state allows?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

agree with this get a few other quotes and see how close they are to the 11k but in general extra work equals extra cost to you. there kinda jerks to not offer your deposit back altho you haven't said if they had done something to justify the hold back.

at some point a "estimate" changed to a "Quote" and changed the dynamics and relationship between contractors and their customers.

when you were informed the extra work would be needed (after initial quote you it would be unreasonable to expect the quote would stand) given the new information.

I almost never do projects on a quoted price unless it is a fairly simple task. cost plus materials is the better fair way of doing business IMO.

Comments

4BET: They have did zero work at the property
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I mean come on. They probably already invested that $2,700 in permits, staff, time etc.. It's not like they are getting off free either. I had some dental work done the other day, ran $1000 more than quoted, sometimes you just pay and move on, I didn't freak out and threaten to sue the dentist. It's not like the guy is scamming you, he got clipped by local government, this happens all the time. If you want the work done for the job pay the money, but LOL at suing over $2,700. You can't be serious.
    Permit was only 150. You would let someone Fuck you out of 2700 and do nothing? Believe me last thing I want to do is sue some dumb redneck. Personally I would rather pay someone to punish him for robbing me.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Good luck 4bet i remember you from the old days.....UGA

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    What’s the maximum damage amount small claims court in your state allows?
    Marion County says 8k max in small claims

Comments

MumblesBadly: Good luck!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokeofluck2020 View Post
    Good luck 4bet i remember you from the old days.....UGA
    Thanks bud, I didn’t know you are UGA

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

agree with this get a few other quotes and see how close they are to the 11k but in general extra work equals extra cost to you. there kinda jerks to not offer your deposit back altho you haven't said if they had done something to justify the hold back.

at some point a "estimate" changed to a "Quote" and changed the dynamics and relationship between contractors and their customers.

when you were informed the extra work would be needed (after initial quote you it would be unreasonable to expect the quote would stand) given the new information.

I almost never do projects on a quoted price unless it is a fairly simple task. cost plus materials is the better fair way of doing business IMO.
    Yes I understand that it would cost more given health department requirements. The question here is are they allowed by law to keep deposit given new price of 11k? Contract does say no refunds on deposit but it also says 5400 for well.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker:

Thread Information