Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
The website idea seems like a great one but this guy seems to have dug his heels in and ready to fight tooth and nail. Everyone I have talked to about this other well companies included can’t believe he won’t give back deposit. We are busy and really didn’t want to have to sue this crook but he leaves us no choice. My better half surly didn’t want to go this route as she has never even had a parking ticket or been in court other then jury duty
I would do the same thing. Definitely file in small claims court. The only problem in small claims is that the judges tend to just rule on emotion rather than law, but if you present this well, the optics will be on your side.

Since the judge won't understand the well digging industry well, be sure to be very clear that the company was supposed to be the experts, missed an obvious requirement they should have known about, misquoted you, raised the price by over 100%, and wouldn't give you your deposit back when you didn't want to go with them. Definitely also throw in your suspicion that they did this on purpose in order to rope you in to an $11k job. Use the term "bait and switch".
Thanks. I can use all the advice you are giving. Should I hire a lawyer? If so can I add that on the amount of lawsuit? I would like to have a lawyer do all the talking if possible. I can pass along the good things you are pointing out