Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

agree with this get a few other quotes and see how close they are to the 11k but in general extra work equals extra cost to you. there kinda jerks to not offer your deposit back altho you haven't said if they had done something to justify the hold back.

at some point a "estimate" changed to a "Quote" and changed the dynamics and relationship between contractors and their customers.

when you were informed the extra work would be needed (after initial quote you it would be unreasonable to expect the quote would stand) given the new information.

I almost never do projects on a quoted price unless it is a fairly simple task. cost plus materials is the better fair way of doing business IMO.
Yes I understand that it would cost more given health department requirements. The question here is are they allowed by law to keep deposit given new price of 11k? Contract does say no refunds on deposit but it also says 5400 for well.
i believe they could likely find a way to keep a lot of it admin and planning fees if taken to small claims. they will pay you out most of it before the date comes or take there sweet time paying you if they loose.
not to mention you have a bunch of redneck well digging goons with your info, address etc could put you in a bad spot as well... its to bad they won't negotiate with you blocking your number is pretty aggressive.

good luck