Thread: This One's Been Bothering Me - 1/2 Live

Load Metric

This One's Been Bothering Me - 1/2 Live

I cover everybody with about $440, a couple other's have 300ish stacks.
    Villian in this hand starts with about $350, he had $62 about 15 minutes ago.

7am, bunch of old AARP having nits, only one other semi-competent player.

Ep opens to $7, a total of 7 people go to see the flop including me in the cutoff with (33)

flop a23

mp leads out for $20, i call, as does the button and ep.

turn 10 (putting two hearts on the board)

mp bets out $30 this time, i make it $80, Button (who is about 70 years old) makes it $230

--now my default here against an old nit 3-betting is to instamuck (which was also my gut reaction), unless I have the stone cold nuts.
    as played, i feel like i'm holding the second nuts at this point...

the problem is if you add 22 to his range maybe 15% of the time and a10 in there 10-5%, i can def make the math work
    even if he turns his hand faceup and has the 45, i still fill up about a quarter of the time for about ~$800 pot

or i can just fold and still be up about $150, with a very good table draw

thoughts?
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 09-05-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Load Metric
    You said it yourself, villain's range includes 22, AT, and some other hands IMO so.......

Get all the fucking money in as fast as you can

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SpewArtist View Post
    You said it yourself, villain's range includes 22, AT, and some other hands IMO so.......

Get all the fucking money in as fast as you can
    i probably didn't make myself too clear, but i think his range is pretty polarized (hands like AT are in his range, but a small chunk of the time)

imo the button has 45 at least half the time
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 09-04-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Load Metric
    i wish scotty clark could post on this site

*(

Load Metric
    I could never fold this. I didn't run the exact math but if he shows 54 and you put him in you'd be paying about $250 for about an implied $550 pot. You'd be getting about 2.2:1 on a pot that you have 23% shot at. So I don't know the exact EV here but I think it would only be like -$20 or so? When you factor in the possibilites that you could have possibly have him dominated, even if you think its unlikely, I think you probably have to get em in here. Sucks putting this much stack in when you figure you will probably lose most of the time, but I think it is the right play.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    I could never fold this. I didn't run the exact math but if he shows 54 and you put him in you'd be paying about $250 for about an implied $550 pot. You'd be getting about 2.2:1 on a pot that you have 23% shot at. So I don't know the exact EV here but I think it would only be like -$20 or so? When you factor in the possibilites that you could have possibly have him dominated, even if you think its unlikely, I think you probably have to get em in here. Sucks putting this much stack in when you figure you will probably lose most of the time, but I think it is the right play.
    he still had he still had like $120 behind

Load Metric
    Damn just did the math and you'd actually lose $66 on average if you knew he had 54. But, you still assome there is some reasonable chance you have him dominated. You said you have the second nuts so the only hand he can dominate you with is 54. I still think you get em inl. You say you think there is at least 50% chance he has 45. Even if you think there is 75% chance he has 54 I think you should still get em in.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    he still had he still had like $120 behind
    Oh, 120 back. You said he started with $350 and if it played out like you said it did he'd have only $100 back. That doesn't make much difference tho. To get em in you'd be putting in another $270 then for about $570 implied pot. Getting about 2.111:1 then instead of 2.2:1. Still prolly good pot odds here

Platinum
    Load Metric
    i wish scotty clark could post on this site

*(
    I'd rather 408Mike post here after a 24 hr meth binge than scotty clark posting here.

O and obv the other guy has 56 and knows 4 is gonna river, adjust your play accordingly.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Damn just did the math and you'd actually lose $66 on average if you knew he had 54. But, you still assome there is some reasonable chance you have him dominated. You said you have the second nuts so the only hand he can dominate you with is 54. I still think you get em inl. You say you think there is at least 50% chance he has 45. Even if you think there is 75% chance he has 54 I think you should still get em in.
    my brain said fold because lol 1/2 old people

after about a minute i said, "fuck it, i call"

2 seconds go by and villian doesn't say a thing, so i said to the other guy at the table under sixty "well, that makes me feel a lot better"

he tells me "i don't think he heard you"

a couple players make sure the button heard and understood i said "all in", button says "oh, i call"

:deafnitrolled

45 obv

Load Metric

2 seconds go by and villian doesn't say a thing, so i said to the other guy at the table under sixty "well, that makes me feel a lot better"

a couple players make sure the button heard and understood i said "all in", button says "oh, i call"

45 obv
    lol sucks. prolly gotta do it tho if yer thinking there is a somewhat reasonable chance you have him dominated, and 54 is the only hand you think he can have that dominates you

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

45 obv
    lol sucks. prolly gotta do it tho if yer thinking there is a somewhat reasonable chance you have him dominated, and 54 is the only hand you think he can have that dominates you
    I agree with SetofKs.

Not quite deep enough to fold here, given the possibilities of 22 and AT (maybe even A2 or A3).

Also, as you said, you have outs.

This is one of the spots where you have to call in a cash game and maybe fold in a tournament, as you can rebuy here if you lose.

Thread Information