Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember when this site purported to fight fraud and be committed to free speech?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

What’s pathetic is you only complain about this things at the worst possible fucking time. The two biggest pies in your face that have ever occurred are immediately followed with bullshit excuses. Not that they are lies, because I believe these things happen. I don’t doubt it a bit honestly. But when you wait to whine about them until you look like an absolute fool, it’s a terrible look.

I can’t wait to hear the excuses of why you can’t beat me in a foot race.
    Last response to you, because I know you live for this type of shit.

I try not to complain about this stuff because it's a downer for the forum and also emboldens anyone who is starting this shit that they're stressing me out. So yeah, I don't post an announcement every time some weirdo harasses or threatens me privately. That doesn't make it any less stressful for me to have to deal with.

So when I have to make a tough decision which is somewhat informed by my desire to minimize the stress and real life problems that can be created, I can either go the route I did yesterday, with a brief message announcing the decision and saying little, or I can explain in detail what went into my thought process.

I decided to do the latter today, not for sympathy, but so everyone understands that I deal with a LOT of shit for running a site like this, with zero material gain from it. So yes, sometimes I consider the real life consequences of my actions, and put that ahead of what the forum would prefer I do.
    Cmoney scandal- “I knew all along BUT I was sick guys. Cut me some slack”

PFA promoted Ponzi scheme- “sure I even let my son buy in (I needed two referrals after all). But GUUUYYYS, I’m really stressed out. Cut me some slack”

Druff, if you don’t understand that your long winded responses to two major forum drama bombs and your personal fuck ups make you look hella bad, I’m not sure how else to explain it. Only crying whoa is me after enormous errors doesn’t mitigate those errors. It just makes you look like a bitch.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    i literally just bought a pair of these todge i gotsta keep my look fresh todge what are we pairing them with https://www.footlocker.com/product/~...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

where is the merch were heading into fall i need to see the new collection

Load Metric
    lol at sals righteous indignation bro shutup nerd and get on this guy about not having his merch up

Load Metric
    on the 20th anniversary todger just saying maybe fucking learn to act right

Load Metric
    Sizzle and whomever. We had some fun at Todd’s expense and given him a beating.

We all know without a doubt the grief he has taken from some HOF whackjobs. Any one of us would have been working on our marksmanship in his shoes.

Let him off on time served. Nobody will escape this without smelling like a whiff of taint.

I’ll never look at shitcoins quite the same way again.

Comments

Dan Druff:

JeffDime:

Walter Sobchak: Taint

Baron Von Strucker: Gotta smell it twice just to make sure

Load Metric
    imagine picking on todge in 2021 hes one of the good ones

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Either the things I posted about are really happening, in which case this forum is causing me a lot of grief and time away from my family behind the scenes, or they're not and I'm lying.

If you believe that this stuff is really happening -- including presently (but BEFORE this latest incident) -- then you can see why I am having hesitations continuing to operate something which makes no money and doesn't draw a particularly big following.

Imagine you're me, and all of that is going on... and THEN sometihing like this hits, which is a complicated mess and prone to all kinds of conspiracy theories as an explanation. Look at Sanlmar's post. I love him as a poster, and I don't blame his skepticism, but his assumptions are extremely inaccurate, but at the same time impossible to disprove. I feel terrible about that thread having existed, but it's done, and as far as I can see, nobody who saw it on PFA got hurt. If I missed anyone, and they were brought to it from that thread, they can come forward and I'll personally assist them.

I'm trying to be honest and up front with everyone regarding my thinking and my reasoning for recent actions. Look how easily many longtime members have quit over small intrusions into their personal lives, or even because someone managed to pierce their veil of anonymity. Imagine that x 1000, and that's what I deal with on a constant basis behind the scenes. Again, if people think I am lying or exaggerating, I will be glad to take bets that I can prove all of it. Most of you would be shocked if you saw everything going on.

This is the reailty. I'm not whining for sympathy. I'm telling you that I'm running a site for a hobby which has become a gigantic headache behind the scenes -- separate from and preceding all of this. In this particular case, I took an action which I knew would be unpopular but I felt was best for several real-life reasons.

You guys want me to be real with you, and I'm being real. I decided everyone was owed an explanation, and I gave you the real one. I have told some people privately about some of the stuff going on prior to this.

I'm not perfect, and it's impossible to make all the right decisions when you run a free speech forum for almost 10 years. You can either accept that and realize that this is a flawed site run by a flawed person, or you can decide it's not good enough and go elsewhere.

I think everyone can see from my history that I care a lot about the community and try my best to keep my members from getting hurt.

Comments

JeffDime:

shoeshine box:

Load Metric
    i mean there is the fucking merch issue you old faggot but other than that im trying to wear toddawear

Comments

Sanlmar: Every wow post should be made into a NFT

Load Metric
    great job sizzles you made him cry

Load Metric
    Either the things I posted about are really happening, in which case this forum is causing me a lot of grief and time away from my family behind the scenes, or they're not and I'm lying.

If you believe that this stuff is really happening -- including presently (but BEFORE this latest incident) -- then you can see why I am having hesitations continuing to operate something which makes no money and doesn't draw a particularly big following.

Imagine you're me, and all of that is going on... and THEN sometihing like this hits, which is a complicated mess and prone to all kinds of conspiracy theories as an explanation. Look at Sanlmar's post. I love him as a poster, and I don't blame his skepticism, but his assumptions are extremely inaccurate, but at the same time impsosible to disprove. I feel terrible about that thread having existed, but it's done, and as far as I can see, nobody who saw it on PFA got hurt. If I missed anyone, and they were brought to it from that thread, they can come forward and I'll personally assist them.

I'm trying to be honest and up front with everyone regarding my thinking and my reasoning for recent actions. Look how easily many longtime members have quit over small intrusions into their personal lives, or even because someone managed to pierce their veil of anonymity. Imagine that x 1000, and that's what I deal with on a constant basis behind the scenes. Again, if people think I am lying or exaggerating, I will be glad to take bets that I can prove all of it. Most of you would be shocked if you saw everything going on.

This is the reailty. I'm not whining for sympathy. I'm telling you that I'm running a site for a hobby which has become a gigantic headache behind the scenes -- separate from and preceding all of this. In this particular case, I took an action which I knew would be unpopular but I felt was best for several real-life reasons.

You guys want me to be real with you, and I'm being real. I decided everyone was owed an explanation, and I gave you the real one. I have told some people privately about some of the stuff going on prior to this.

I'm not perfect, and it's impossible to make all the right decisions when you run a free speech forum for almost 10 years. You can either accept that and realize that this is a flawed site run by a flawed person, or you can decide it's not good enough and go elsewhere.

I think everyone can see from my history that I care a lot about the community and try my best to keep my members from getting hurt.
    Everything you say here is likely true. You’re simply not grasping that your timing is especially bad. If my kid does something wrong and I catch him, it’s not the right time to decide to rat out his brother for something unrelated. It’s just deflection. You didn’t get your kid into a Ponzi scheme because you’re stressed out FFS…….

Sanlmar as usual is right. I’m done beating you down. You without a doubt have done A LOT for this community. It earns you slack. Maybe not as much as you think it should though.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    the image of sizzles kid grasping at straws yet its just all the straws in the world because how fat he is like papa someone nft the fathers and sons of pfa

Load Metric

Imagine you're me, and all of that is going on... and THEN sometihing like this hits, which is a complicated mess and prone to all kinds of conspiracy theories as an explanation. Look at Sanlmar's post. I love him as a poster, and I don't blame his skepticism, but his assumptions are extremely inaccurate, but at the same time impsosible to disprove. I feel terrible about that thread having existed, but it's done, and as far as I can see, nobody who saw it on PFA got hurt. If I missed anyone, and they were brought to it from that thread, they can come forward and I'll personally assist them.

A few thoughts. Take a break occasionally. Like a few months. The people who bitch about you missing radio for a stretch aren’t really long time contributors. They may be long time listeners. Freaks are freaks. If they sue you, then they have to be dealt with, but 99% don’t get to that level. These cross forum pissing matches with the Masons of the world you kind of willingly jump back into yourself and I imagine can set off a chain of others.

As far as here, with the group of people who came with you through the various forum breakups, knock off anything behind the scenes that requires you to not be candid with the other 25 members who weren’t part of the behind the scenes conversation.

If something requires you to lie or not be able to be totally upfront with those who don’t live to troll you, it’s probably not a bright thing to be involved in. That covers cmoney and this. Both those incidents are the biggest issues that have ever made people always with you question your judgement. No one likes to be the punchline of some inside joke when they’ve generally rode with you for 15 years. When a tine is saying why isn’t this a ponzi on page 1, and belly is saying this thing doesn’t feel right on page 2, it shouldn’t take gimmick dissecting it or Crowe finding YouTubes of a dude dismantling it a week later before you take it seriously. Some of these guys occasionally disagree with you on something political, but they don’t troll you to troll you. They aren’t in the habit of saying dumb shit, particularly when it’s tech or crypto.

These guys weren’t even faking it. I don’t know shit about crypto, but even shitcoins attempt to present themselves as having some utility or solving some problem. There was none of that with this. This was a pure MLM/ponzi we need to find a tight group of guys willing to recruit and hold until we have enough buyers to manipulate the price.

That wasn’t going to leave some young crypto geeks holding the bag. They see right through a coin like this. It was going to leave some other seventy year old with cancer on some other site who found the coin another way holding the bag. You don’t want that, but tbh, since your issues a few years ago, the cmoney shit, and now this, you might need a break as you aren’t the same dude with the same judgement. Not saying you’re way off, but you’re a little off your game.

None of us are getting younger, you had a mental thing, and you desperately like to control all of it. Dudes who disagree with you politically aren’t six toed pete or mason or tyde or that whack job who wandered in from the scams site lately. Fuck, those dudes are almost all on your side of the political fence, which should tell you something about how horrible your politics are but that’s for another conversation.

No one posting here is out to get you. They aren’t trolling some coin thread to be dicks. They had pertinent questions. Saying smiflorida is solid and reliable with 20 posts to a bunch of dudes with 50k smart posts who are knowledgeable is kind of a problem. Like everyone here knows you are a trustworthy guy as far as holding money and such, your detractors largely come from the outside, but you’re also the guy who will fight for 3 hours for a $20 credit. So while we know you, shit like this situation coupled with that stuff can leave an impression to someone who doesn’t know you well, and it looks bad:

The last thing you want is to have some behind the scenes deal with a few dudes at the expense of not being candid with a bunch of people who have always defended you getting less than candid answers over some coin you invested in the day the thread started and where it only has value if more people pump money into it. You probably want to take your 5x when the first serous people raise concerns rather than wait for 20x and now you look really bad.

I mean you’re running a fraud site. I don’t think you ever were trying to rip anyone off, but being a fraud expert also means having a little foresight to sniff it out in advance. That didn’t happen here at all, and you ignored your long time members who did sniff it out quickly.

Take a mental health break. Get some long walks in. You’re not ready for retirement, you thrive on this shit, but you aren’t yourself, and we will just be fighting about the same shit when you get back anyway. Don’t even worry about this or lose a minutes sleep. I think some people might be getting cut more slack than they deserve, but not you.

No one got hurt here and it isn’t worth sweating, look at it as a dodged bullet.

Fuck, I don’t think anyone was necessarily trying to fuck anyone over here, even the main dude. I think he knew someone was getting fucked eventually, but probably not here.

The thought was likely it’s early enough they’ll all 20x their money. That behind the scenes shit though takes away the idea that everyone is happy doing that at the expense of someone else. Not everyone wants that. This isn’t poker where if you sit with $ and are stupid, that’s on you. This is a different con.

Most of us are fine with first. Not everyone with this.

Either way, let it go and don’t worry about it, but next time people who’ve been with you 10+ years and you know to be smart raise alarms, think about who is raising the alarm and less about the couple behind the scenes guys. You care way more about this place than they do. They’ll just jet.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: good post

IamGreek:

Walter Sobchak: BCR is god

rum dick:
    Last edited by BCR; 09-11-2021 at 12:06 AM.

Load Metric
    also has anyone sat through this selena gomez steve martin thing on hulu episode one is fucking aloooooooooooooootttttttt of effort

Load Metric
    todge just burn ur site to the ground since youve attracted people like bcr holy shit

Comments

BCR: Had to be said

Load Metric
    honestly good lord

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BCR, I'm not giving a hard time to any of the skeptics of the coin. Criticism was welcome, and I had nothing to do with the project. I couldn't have told you the names of the top guys involved if you held a gun to my head, until about 2 days before all this blew up. I didn't take any of that offensively -- then or now. My long messages tonight about people giving me shit definitely doens't apply to guys like Belly/gimmick/Crowe/etc, and doesn't even include career trolls like jsearles.

The issues come from a combo of scammers, formerly banned psychos, crazy radio listeners who hate me but yet are obsessed with the show, and various delusoinal weirdos who believe I am out to get them in some way. Most of these people you've probably never heard of, or would barely remember. A few you are very familiar with. But as each year passes, I accumulate more of them, and sometimes I really wonder why any of this is worth the headache. If this site was making millions of dollars, or I was a world-renowned scambuster, that would be one thing, but instead of I have a niche audience of a few thousand people. Not tiny, but there are 9-year-olds on YouTube who have 1000x the following with 1000x less stress.

So then the time comes where I've got to make a very tough decision about a thread, and I chose what I thought was best, albeit the one I knew would get several respected forum members angry, because it goes against the usual way things are done around here. But there were too many potential problems the other way (in general, not just for me), so I had to make an unpopular decision.

I'm not asking for people to agree with me or see it my way. I'm asking people to at least understand my thought process, and believe I did what I thought was best. At the same time, I want this to have zero impact on everyone, so while I don't believe a single PFA member/visitor was harmed, if I missed anyone, please come forward (even privately) and I'll help you. But I really think that ultimately nobody here was hurt, and almost nobody touched the coin from here anyway.

Load Metric
    BCR, I'm not giving a hard time to any of the skeptics of the coin. Criticism was welcome, and I had nothing to do with the project. I couldn't have told you the names of the top guys involved if you held a gun to my head, until about 2 days before all this blew up. I didn't take any of that offensively -- then or now. My long messages tonight about people giving me shit definitely doens't apply to guys like Belly/gimmick/Crowe/etc, and doesn't even include career trolls like jsearles. The political arguing doesn't affect me, either. Par for the course these days. Like, I hate gimmick's politics, but I also remember he took the time to give good advice about my psychological issues in 2018.

The issues come from a combo of scammers, formerly banned psychos, crazy radio listeners who hate me but yet are obsessed with the show, and various delusoinal weirdos who believe I am out to get them in some way. Most of these people you've probably never heard of, or would barely remember. A few you are very familiar with. But as each year passes, I accumulate more of them, and sometimes I really wonder why any of this is worth the headache. If this site was making millions of dollars, or I was a world-renowned scambuster, that would be one thing, but instead of I have a niche audience of a few thousand people. Not tiny, but there are 9-year-olds on YouTube who have 1000x the following with 1000x less stress.

So then the time comes where I've got to make a very tough decision about a thread, and I chose what I thought was best, albeit the one I knew would get several respected forum members angry, because it goes against the usual way things are done around here. But there were too many potential problems the other way (in general, not just for me), so I had to make an unpopular decision.

I'm not asking for people to agree with me or see it my way. I'm asking people to at least understand my thought process, and believe I did what I thought was best. At the same time, I want this to have zero impact on everyone, so while I don't believe a single PFA visitor was harmed, if I missed anyone, please come forward (even privately) and I'll help you. But I really think that ultimately nobody here was hurt, and almost nobody touched the coin from here anyway.
    I know those aren’t the guys giving you problems. I assume it’s that shit you can’t control that is most stressful to you when you say you have all these problems .

Listening to some of the smart dudes here raising alarms early might have allowed you to see this for what it was more quickly. If the subject is tech or crypto and I’ve got 3 or 4 guys here I know are smart af and knowledgeable and aren’t trolling me, I’m listening to them first before some dude on PM I kind of know a little and think is ok if it’s my reputation on the line.

Maybe you did? I’d have pm’d belly or tine and said exactly what are you seeing wrong, pm’d the dude, and see if he had a good answer. If he didn’t, I’d have probably scrapped the whole thread then.

Either way, it’s fine. Don’t beat yourself up.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    what a wild ride this has been

i know he never asked for any sympathy but i do feel kinda bad for the spot todge has found himself in, he loves this retarded community more than anyone and no doubt feels really bad about how this played out

bcr is on the money here tho in the grand scheme of things this entire issue really isnt that big a deal as it probably looks like where he is sitting right now

obv with hindsight you wouldnt have let the thread drop or wouldve spent more time looking into it sooner / shut it down sooner

sure we all like giving todge some shit from time to time, some of us in a harsher way that other but anyone looking at this objectively can see he was the mark in this spot and not the perp
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    so to sum it up judge jack finds daniel druff #NOTGUILTY

Comments

WillieMcFML: #BigTopic
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Thread Information